Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Question on Photon Blasts

I've almost saved enough excubes to afford a PB change device. Can anyone post a link of a vid on youtube or w/e showing what Ilios Imera and Ilios Nifta do specifically, as the descriptions on cirnopedia don't tell me enough of the specifics. I've looked through youtube for a while and only found a vid of ilios proi, which is cool, but I'm a GU/TE, so I'm wondering if Imera or Nifta might be more useful for me.

edit: Or if anyone would describe to me in detail how they work that would be amazing too. I think I understand how proi works so its just imera and nifta I'm curious about.
    Last edited by batokage; Feb 3, 2014 at 03:07 PM.
    PSO2 - Abaresque 10gu [Female Human]
    HU-28 / RA-34 / FO-30 / BR-34 / FI-8 / TE-49 / GU-54 / BO-44
    Ship 2
    Leader of the ChargeShotBlues

Never mind. For anyone who does want to see them, but hasn't happened upon the thread I just found, here it is:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210639
    Ship 2

I highly suggest using Ketos Proi. Yes its not an attacking PB but it helps u and the rest of the mpa during pse bursts. The faster each player regens their pp in a pse burst will greatly effect the life and duration of the burst.

I just see the effectiveness of attacking PBs. Solo questing, attacking ones may help but I like to look at the bigger picture. Support the mpa, not just yourself.
    PSO2 - Ship 2
    HU 65 / FI 24 / RA 60 / GU 65 / FO 65 / TE 65 / BR 12

I've seen a few vids showing ketos proi and see it is the only support PB. I hadn't considered using that one before but you make a good point...

Also, is there any utility that can be gotten out of Julius Nifta? or is it just a glorified zondeel after territory burst?
    Ship 2

There are 3 real support-oriented PBs: Cetos Proi (PP for Self & MPA, more frequent invulnerability triggers for self), Cetos Nifta (Swirling AOE damage + Resta inside the ring when it's done), and Julius Nifta (Large Zondeel).

Julius Nifta's range is tremendous. I mean, it's the size of most of the grid. When chained with a couple damage PBs this thing will let the other PBs smash everything in the field to chunky bits of meseta and 3* weapons. That said, it basically requires a chain to last any noteworthy amount of time, so it's kind of useless. It's also not going to be helpful against anything you can't vacuum, like most large bosses.

Cetos Proi is by far the most versatile simply because of its frequent trigger rate. You get more invuln, more PP, and are more likely to be ready for a chain to boost other PBs (which means it does indeed have offensive value). I have this PB on my tatk mags, my main satk mag, and my ratk mag. Everything benefits.

edit: also here

By more frequent invulnerability triggers, does that mean Photon Blast gauge speed varies depending on the Blast used?

I thought Cetus Ploi wasn't as good for non-casters because they don't regen PP during attacks.
    I noticed that it's good for stuff like everyone spamming travel PAs though.
    Particularly useful during wave 4 of Tower Defense.

I got an Ilios Ploi? (the melee guy with the sword) or whatever on my new Braver.
    The extra damage is nice sometimes and it looks kinda cool.
    Doesn't feel like he really keeps up with my strikes though.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 5, 2014 at 03:06 PM.

Yeah, different PBs have different charge rates. Cetos Proi fills crazy fast, so fast that you can refill it before it finishes if you deal enough damage. And then get another one. At the same time.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...&postcount=364

Thanks. That explains a lot.
    I always thought it was just melee sucking balls and failing to get the kills.

Yeah, all my casters with Cetus Ploy get constant PBs at a ridiculously fast rate.

Ketos Nifta doesn't actually cast resta. People were just confused because a friend partner cast resta at the same time in that video from like a year ago showcasing all the PBs, and then it sort of became a myth. I've seen it before, all it does is the electrical field.

Quote Originally Posted by Arksenth View Post
    Ketos Nifta doesn't actually cast resta. People were just confused because a friend partner cast resta at the same time in that video from like a year ago showcasing all the PBs, and then it sort of became a myth. I've seen it before, all it does is the electrical field.
    Well that's completely useless.