Default Questions on a few things from a new player.

Hey all. I finally decided to quit waiting for the English version. I know there is a slim chance still, but I've waited far too long already. So I've downloaded, applied English patches, etc.

I'm now at the character creation screen. I've read up on some stuff, but I'm a little curious on a few things. Related to both character creation, and playing with someone else.

1) English players are mainly on Ship02, right? Or has that changed in recent days?

2) Back in PSO1, I would always play a HUnewearl. I've read that Newmans have the lowest physical stats in the game, and females have lower physical stats than males. Would I be really gimping myself if I wished to play one?

3) Can most of the game be played decently with just 2 people? My girlfriend is going to start playing with me, and we pretty much exclusively play together while she's on.

I'm sure I have more, but that's about all I can think of at the moment. If this stuff is in a guide somewhere, I apologize. Thanks in advance!

1) Yes, they are mostly there.

2) The difference of the stats is hardly noticeable, so no, not really.

3) In a way, you might want to look for a team later on with her, though leveling up till you get into more higher lvl stuff you should fine a team.

Thanks for answering my questions, makes me a lot happier. Thanks!

You can level fine solo or in pairs (I did up until level 50 or so) but it can be an arduous process.

As said above, a team can really come in handy, later. Certainly try to go into EQs with groups, though. Those are really great for boosting up your levels, sometimes.

You can certainly play at your own pace, but group play tends to really show its stripes when it comes to efficiency.

extra tips

1) most english players are in ship 2 B20 block
    but do NOT ever go there for EQ.
    70% the eq will fail. too many noobs

2)Physical stats isnt all too important in pso2
    as unit affix can help most of the time to cover for that .
    wat u wanna look into is more dmg,
    female newman has more Tatk, human is average, male cast more tanky / female cast more ratk
    deumen high satk,low hp but is the only race which u can have 2 coloured eye and a horn

3) despite u can play most of the time in 2s
    being in a team will be best ,it helps kills boredom with ppl to chat and doing EQ together.
    i practically dont do anythiong with random players (except jp players)
    playing in team makes EQ more organized and fast.

and sidenote : if u wanna be a prem do wait till u are higher lvl .lower lvl prem is just waste of ur money
    Ign : Yukino
    Female Newman
    Class : Fo:70/Te:70/Hu:70/Fi:70/Ra:70/Gu:70/Br:70
    Ship : 2
    Team : Mystic Shadow
    Signature quote : (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

me and two/three of my friends have been playing together pretty much by ourselves since we first started like a year or so ago. we've got our own team set up to mess around with and we've never really had any problems. a lot of the time if you're doing an EQ even if you're going solo or have a party of two you can still find a full room to enjoy and it's not really too difficult.

It really depends on what difficulty you're playing, too. I failed a bunch of EQ's with noobs when I was playing normal, but by the time you get to hard most people have kind of figured the game out.

And OP, if you want my 2 cents:
    1. Ship 02 has the biggest English speaking community, most people hang out in blocks 10-20.
    2. Races don't have as big of an impact on stats compared to pso 1. There is still probably 'significant' difference in the end game, but your equips/mag/skills will make up for it. Probably.
    3. The game can really be played any way you want, which is what I really like about it. I played through the 40's playing solo 90% of the time. It was a great way to get used to how the game works, but group play is probably always going to be faster. Join as many EQ's as you can.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Block 20 eh? I was told block 26, but then again that would explain why I didn't see very many people. I'll check it out next time I'm on.