Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Quote Originally Posted by Cyron Tanryoku View Post
    I'm looking at the past three main sonic games I really don't see where you got this
    If anything, recent stories are far too silly, rather than epic. But the older Sonic fans seem to want the epic stories back.

What I want, is for them to just drop the shit all together, or just keep in minimal in similar form to the classic series. They can use the extra effort to actually release a good game. Last one was Unleashed and it still had shitty choices.
    And wasn't that exactly what I said I wanted?

The epic part, let's see, taking the Sonic '06 as an example(I just watched a gameplay footage so it's still fresh on my mind), Sonic saves princess, another Hedgehog comes from the future, a hedgehog that has telekinetic powers, a hedgehog that totes a sub-machinegun, female hedgehogs that know kung-fu, the romance nonsense etc, etc.

That's the epic I'm talking about that should be dropped from the storylines. This is all for kids, an attempt to make the story interesting for new audiences.

make the game fucking good
    My biggest Gripe with sega is they don't polish gameplay enough to remove any gamebreaking bugs. I know the sonic games for the genesis did have collusion detection bugs that allowed you to skip section of levels but ever since sonic moved to 3-D I've seen a plethora of bugs.

Dont cater to "adult fans"
    I don't think this is a problem since kids and adults probably would play them just like the appeal Mario has on families. I hate how sonic had become Anime-ish. That's another thing that annoys me to no end because some of the newer characters feel outta place.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    And wasn't that exactly what I said I wanted
    realized after I posted .w.

21 years later and I still want a Sonic SAT AM game.
    Closest we got to that was Sonic Boom but it was towards a whole new direction plus badly made.

I mean look at this:
    Spoiler!

Wouldn't this be the bees knees?
    Of course now a days it would never happen and even if it did, it would most likely suck due to how SEGA has been doing things for the past decade... Looking back at Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations and Sonic: Lost World... it might be possibly be good since it was recent but, idk anymore.

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.

Well, thing is, this was still a rushed licensed product, with the Sonic name on it. This game definitely suffered from the "rushed game is forever bad" idea as it could've been decent with more time in the burner. Maybe not everybody's favorite direction, but at least rock solid through more of it.

The crime is that it actually has some well done sections, in the game, that get lost within the not so well done stuff.

I actually think Jim Sterling hit a great nail on the head here. One issue is that SEGA keeps throwing out everything in making a new Sonic game. Maybe it is a victim of moving too many parts around trying to make a better game. This is one game series that can actually use a bit of slowing down, where they recycle ideas that worked very well and build upon them. That's pretty much how all the major successful franchises worked, new and old.

So before they go a little experimental, we can at least have a couple of guarranteed fantastic and polished Sonic games before it happens. Thus bringing up the quality at the cost of differences between releases.

I know some are ready to kill the Sonic franchise after a slipup, but if they Killed the Tomb Raider license after the absolutely horrendous Angel of Death...we'd actually never would've gotten an experience like the recent Tomb Raider reboot. Same thing could be with Resident Evil in which we still got things like Revelations.

Though I do hope this puts a stop to the notion of trying to make a Sonic game into a TV/Movie licensed franchise where it is rushed to make a viewing release date. This is the same kind of thing that often kills other games like "TMNT".
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Dec 11, 2014 at 03:59 PM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Community Manager Cyron Tanryoku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HIT0SHI View Post
    Sonic SAT AM game.
    fite me

fite me

I am a HUcast to know what you are take the quiz here.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Bubsy?! Bubsy, is that you?! I know it's supposed to be Nyau btw, but seriously - that thing looks like a wannabe Bubsy with a Kokiri Lightsaber.