Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    Everyone who disagrees with me has little or no experience with the Japanese side. I'm not surprised.

The original point of my post was to help raise awareness about this important issue, and it was particularly aimed at AIDA and the English patch. But most of you would rather just attack me personally since you don't like what I'm saying and you don't even care what the Japanese players think.

A lot of things that are acceptable amongst English players are looked down upon by the Japanese. That is what many of you are unaware of, or you know but just don't care. There is a lot of room for improvement in how we behave ourselves. If you don't like the Japanese thinking you are an immature, loud, selfish fucker, maybe you should stop acting like one. It's a Japanese game, after all. Keep that in mind.
    You're truly dont understand anything.
    Last edited by Sayara; Feb 8, 2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Please don't use that term in this manner.

Summary: Japanese people are people, regardless of thier differing culture. And being people, They all might have different opinions regarding us playing the game. and Being people you should treat them respect, which you should do to Non Japanase players as well.

There now shut up about that and lets actually suggest some solutions.

I suggest that If AIDA wouldnt mind, if he could put some messages that appear while patches are installing/things are loading to remind players to be polite to others, and to acknowledge that its rude to speak english around those who can't understand it. If the guys doing the english patches wouldn't mind, they could replace a few of the more useless loading screen tips with stuff regarding manners and such as well.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlade View Post
    Summary: Japanese people are people, regardless of thier differing culture. And being people, They all might have different opinions regarding us playing the game. and Being people you should treat them respect, which you should do to Non Japanase players as well.

There now shut up about that and lets actually suggest some solutions.

I suggest that If AIDA wouldnt mind, if he could put some messages that appear while patches are installing/things are loading to remind players to be polite to others, and to acknowledge that its rude to speak english around those who can't understand it. If the guys doing the english patches wouldn't mind, they could replace a few of the more useless loading screen tips with stuff regarding manners and such as well.

Anyone else have any ideas?
    It's nice to see someone who has consideration for others. Good ideas. This is the kind of stuff I want this thread to be about.
    Quit PSO2

I knew Inazumachan was batshit crazy, but this thread just puts him on a whole new level.

another suggestion:

We've had some people before post stock messages others could use before, Maybe we could compile a list of the most simplest ones for people to use? Someone could compile a text file containing some simple japanese sentences that could be added into shortcuts and autowords (a thanks for being revived, a greeting shortcut, an apology if you made a mistake, etc)

Making it into a text file and including it with some of AIDA's programs might give people some help for being more accommodating when playing with Japanese players who don't understand English. I say add it with AIDAs stuff a lot because it would reach players who normally wouldn't look for it or hang out on psow forums. Also because it would take 0 effort on AIDA's part to just stick a simple text file in the download.

BO is useless. RIP PUGs. btw-Niji's Avatar

I blame the anime.
    #1 PSOW Poster 2014 (Voted by Shiyo and infiniteeverlasting)

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failurelol View Post
    You wanna continue feel free to message me in game anytime you want. Failurelol/Failure/12512110. Ill be more than happy to make you cry and commit suicide you worthless keyboard warrior monitor tan weeabo LOOOL

>Tfw you can just either leave bad parties, or block the jerks.
    >Instead complain on a forum and say everyone sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlade View Post
    another suggestion:

We've had some people before post stock messages others could use before, Maybe we could compile a list of the most simplest ones for people to use? Someone could compile a text file containing some simple japanese sentences that could be added into shortcuts and autowords (a thanks for being revived, a greeting shortcut, an apology if you made a mistake, etc)

Making it into a text file and including it with some of AIDA's programs might give people some help for being more accommodating when playing with Japanese players who don't understand English. I say add it with AIDAs stuff a lot because it would reach players who normally wouldn't look for it or hang out on psow forums. Also because it would take 0 effort on AIDA's part to just stick a simple text file in the download.
    So you're throwing around a suggestion that players should hide behind some simple Japanese sentences, just to please other "True Japanese players"

That's purely ridiculous, people shouldn't have to do anything like that. I mean sure it's nice if you want to learn Japanese or something, but don't try to push that on others.

What's sad about this thread is OP isn't joking.
    OYO: "I like your lip color but you're not unique."