Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Honestly, any English player who makes fun of any JP(I've seen it) should stop playing on their server. I kind of get what Inazuma means. Like the JP server is the Jps' home and we're their guest, and we're kind of going in and shitting on their floor, well some of us are at least. I don't think you should speak English outloud since I feel it's kind of rude, but that's just my feeling. At least put effort into saying "Hello(よろしくー)[yoroshiku-] (I think this is how you spell, I kind of forgot) when joining a party and "Thanks for the party(PTありー)[PTari-] after the mission to them. You should also show respect towards every single one of them even if they're a prick to you. On this server, they're superior to you. But this doesn't mean they're superior to you in real life, just while on this server.
    Last edited by Lostbob117; Feb 8, 2014 at 02:35 PM.

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

If i use English in global i don't spam, no one likes that anyway.

As for japanese players, I have only encountered a handful that really hate/dislike the En commu. Others are often like this:

Spoiler!

Heck, I have even taught some jp's tips n tricks in the past and others that taught me tricks.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

I know this is shocking, but believe it or not, Japanese people are people just like us.

You don't need to do anything special, just use some basic goddamn common sense. It has nothing to do with being a guest; acting like a normal, humble, respectful person to strangers should be a given.

Like, even talking out loud about stupid shit in english in the lobby - I don't know about you guys, but in other games where there's a global chat or megaphone function, it's pretty goddamn annoying to see people say stupid shit nonstop on it. It's not a Japanese specific thing, it's annoying no matter what nationality server it is.

It's not a "cultural" thing, it's basic goddamn courtesy. I don't know why everyone thinks Japanese people are another species of animal or something.

Also, it's よろしく to say hello. And you actually wrote Oroshiku (not Koroshiku)
    Last edited by KatsuraJun; Feb 8, 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KatsuraJun View Post
    I know this is shocking, but believe it or not, Japanese people are people just like us.

You don't need to do anything special, just use some basic goddamn common sense. It has nothing to do with being a guest; acting like a normal, humble, respectful person to strangers should be a given.

Like, even talking out loud about stupid shit in english in the lobby - I don't know about you guys, but in other games where there's a global chat or megaphone function, it's pretty goddamn annoying to see people say stupid shit nonstop on it. It's not a Japanese specific thing, it's annoying no matter what nationality server it is.

It's not a "cultural" thing, it's basic goddamn courtesy. I don't know why everyone thinks Japanese people are another species of animal or something.

Also, it's よろしく to say hello.
    Ohh, yoroshiku, that's right. Thanks for correcting me.

reading this topic looks like were talking about some alien race.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gama View Post
    reading this topic looks like were talking about some alien race.
    That's exactly my point. Whether you believe they're the epitome of humankind or xenophobic nutjobs, it's only exacerbating the problem. I feel like people's perceptions of Japanese are shaped more by the old nationalistic far-right in Japan rather than, you know, the average person there.

It's not a god damn mystery. Just treat people with respect and dignity and be wary of how your actions affect others. I thought people were taught this by their mothers when they were fucking ten, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    ITT: Sweeping generalizations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    I can't even fathom what you hope to gain from trying to explain to an entire community that they're wrong for playing a game because they don't happen to be a final form weeaboo.
    These two statements sum it all up. These both get a gold star.

Everyone who disagrees with me has little or no experience with the Japanese side. I'm not surprised.

The original point of my post was to help raise awareness about this important issue, and it was particularly aimed at AIDA and the English patch. But most of you would rather just attack me personally since you don't like what I'm saying and you don't even care what the Japanese players think.

A lot of things that are acceptable amongst English players are looked down upon by the Japanese. That is what many of you are unaware of, or you know but just don't care. There is a lot of room for improvement in how we behave ourselves. If you don't like the Japanese thinking you are an immature, loud, selfish fucker, maybe you should stop acting like one. It's a Japanese game, after all. Keep that in mind.
    Quit PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    If you don't like the Japanese thinking you are an immature, loud, selfish fucker, maybe you should stop acting like one.
    Who here is any of these things? Most people around here are 0/3 on the 'immature, loud, and selfish' bit. Maybe aim these accusations towards those who act that way.

Why don't you go to B20 and stand and preach the word of the Nippon Masters for the Unclean Western Ones to hear?