Exclamation Error 107 and other weird things with tweaker

Hey all, thanks in advance for any help given!

I'm trying to get my copy of pso2 up and running but I keep getting error 107 when I launch the launcher. I've downloaded the latest version of the tweaker which said my unrarers were corrupt over and over...and it couldn't download the "translation" files. it's also prone to freezing and needing to be force closed. I eventually copied my gf's tweaker directiory and it still freezes a lot, but works better and seemed to clear up the corrupt unrarers problem, however it's still unable to download the translation files, seems to have trouble connecting to any sort of server,when I try to diagnose connection issues, it says the gameguard file might have issues. When I try that fix, it says it's fixed, but I'm still no where useful...still connection issues...It seems to think the pso2 server is offline, when I try to update the game and get the latest patches, it gets to 4....then times out...when I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it didn't help...when I tried uninstalling, deleting all data by hand and reinstalling...it didn't help...when I tried uninstalling, deleting all data by hand, and using the tweaker to reinstall the game, it didn't work. Nothing seems to be working...I fear that something is wrong with something involving the connections used on my computer. everything else involving internet still works....just not pso2. Oh and one thing I haven't tried (yet) is copying my gf's whole pso2 directories...mainly because they're rather large and I'm not sure it will work. Any help would be appreciated and I'd be happy to upload any log files you might request that may be helpful!

Thanks again for your time!

EDIT: summary of things I figured I should include:

Location My apartment in the boston area...my gf lives with me which is relevant since her game/connection runs through the same router and is fine.
    Broadband 50mbs down 10 mbs up
    Internet Service Comcast
    What type of Broadband (Cable)
    If Broadband, what type of modem (ethernet)
    How you are setting it up (modem to router to computer all wired )
    If using a router, what type (netgear wireless n)

One last note...in the past I tried playing with some router settings (and perhaps computer internet settings too I can't remember) to try to setup my own private server for pso. I pretty much failed miserably and it was kinda after that when pso stopped working on my computer (and is somehow connected to why pso2 isn't working now I feel...)
    Last edited by gamfreak1218; Feb 16, 2014 at 09:07 PM.

Good news...I tried updating direct x and it seems to have solved all of my problems except one. When I try to play, it did nothing after the launcher...when I checked for issues, it said game guard issues. So I used the tweaker to fix those...now it brings up the game guard update which waits to connect...but never seems to and then it brings up internet explorer to an faq page...not sure what to do about it

Better news....it's all working now! I don't know what caused game guard to work today but it did...I got the 107 error again this morning but it was after a malwarebytes scan...so i reinstalled direct x again and it all worked fine....playing smoothly! documenting in case others have my issue.