Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Coming back to PSO

I played a ton of PSU on the 360 and I briefly played PSO2 when it released, however I never got over the language barrier and this was before the unofficial english patch.

I am now building a new gaming pc in the next few weeks and plan on playing PSO2 as the patch is out. My questions are how do people feel about the state of the game, and is there a decent english speaking community.

Thanks

Ship 2 has the majority of the en community. As for the game it's pretty shitty honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by gmart View Post
    I played a ton of PSU on the 360 and I briefly played PSO2 when it released, however I never got over the language barrier and this was before the unofficial english patch.

I am now building a new gaming pc in the next few weeks and plan on playing PSO2 as the patch is out. My questions are how do people feel about the state of the game, and is there a decent english speaking community.

Thanks
    Yep, a lot of English players on Ship 2.

And it's pretty great, plus active. So it's worth checking out~

Coming to the forums you will get back handed by negativity.

I personally play on Ship 01, while a majority of English speakers player on ship02. given my experience with most of them (via PSO-World) I'm pretty glad I'm on ship01 as most people are just obnoxious/elitists going at full sprint on their hedonic treadmill.

That is of course besides the point. PSO2 is a good game if you can get over the early level hurdles and lonliness of the early levels.

And Aida and crews PSO tweaker is a blessing. My advice is to look up/research a proper build for your character as most people completely destroy their characters when they first begin and cannot fix them without AC.

Quote Originally Posted by gmart View Post
    My questions are how do people feel about the state of the game
    When I quit, it was a standard free-to-play game. Random cash shop, frustration mechanics, and other remarkable steps backward for the series. It doesn't look to have changed much since then either. However, there's no entry barrier so try the game out for yourself.

Personally I enjoy the experience. I just play with some people I know in real life and a few internet friends and I have fun. I don't aim to get the best shit really, I just let it happen. If it doesn't it doesn't. Ship 02 is filled with English players. I don't talk much to them but I've met some nice ones.
    In my opinion people try way too hard to prove their points and opinions which leads to miscommunication and misunderstandings... so I try my best to be careful and mindful how and who I communicate with. Just chill and enjoy the game the way YOU want to if you do get into it. There are plenty of players out there with a good head on their shoulders and some that don't. Just like in any game out there. I'm sure you'll find the right group of people on PSO2 that you can have a good time with. There's so many different kinds of people and age groups.
    If you do play hit me up, I'm more than willing to play with you. I'm not too active but I play almost everyday for a few hours. ;D

Welcome in the game!!

If you are a PSO fan then you'll like PSO2. Ship02 is the most famous with English community, but there's ship 10 too.
    Try for yourself, find a cool team and enjoy
    Busy doing nothing...

Ah, a new recruit... where to begin....

While it is true that the game has a decently sized Cash Shop bias, PSO2 can be, for the most part, played without. All you need to do is be patient and try to soak in the game along the way. Pay no heed to the fools who push you roughly to "hit cap quickly".

Gameplay-wise, the classes all have variety - there are the original three classes (Hunter/Ranger/Force), three extensions of said classes (Fighter/Gunner/Techer) that play differently yet similar to said classes, and then a fourth base class that is completely new to the series (Braver).

Some of the weapon types you'll be seeing for the first time here, others will be a bit more familiar. But they each have their own unique traits which makes it worth trying them all out before you decide your main weapon.

Story-wise, the game takes a while to get the story moving. But once you hit Episode 2.... by the gods, that's where you may wanna strap in. The momentum on that is insane (though you'll have nostalgia-laden fanatics try to tell you otherwise - ignore them and formulate your own opinion).

But I can only say so much without being biased, so my advice is this: try it out for yourself, and make your own judgement call. It's free to play, so it's not like you lose anything going in (other than time, of course).

How does the class balance look right now. From what I've seen I'm leaning toward being a force or possibly a hunter. Any recommendations / build links?
    Last edited by gmart; Feb 21, 2014 at 06:33 PM.