Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Class Balance is really bad, as always. Braver and Gunner make anything look weak in comparison.

Force and Hunter are lackluster themselves, although Hunter with an all-class Katana played like a Braver is the best class there is right now, since you get access to a great Partisan.

I'm not too big on the builds department. I don't kill myself trying to find out the best build but this thread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205010 has helped me out a lot in deciding what directions to take.

All the classes can be great and in more than one way as well. You can mix and match all the classes when you get to unlock subclasses it gets interesting and fun.

Force a little hard to play on your own against huge bosses but once you get good equipment and start doing more damage it's not that hard anymore. Having someone around when you step out of the first area into the caves area is helpful. I remember back in the Beta I was having trouble beating Vol Dragon alone as a Force with no friends. ;(

Hunter is fun. You can lean towards DPS, Defense, a mixture of both. Whatever your heart desires. You can be both Hunter and Force, why not? You get heals and melee. lol

The best way to figure out the best build for you is to try out different things, find out your playstyle and how you play best and build your character off of that foundation. Don't worry too much about being the best like no one ever was just yet.
    Last edited by Aussei; Feb 21, 2014 at 01:32 PM.

I play Hunter/fighter as my main I can out DPS almost anyone except a gunner. Problem being hunter is clumsy and can easily fall by the wayside when it comes to mobility AND dpsing.

I also have a maxed out gunner/ranger. While I do lower damage than a gunner/hunter my weak point damage is gigantic and my double whammy skill use of weak bullet and chain bullet can pretty much end any boss in about 10 seconds or less (not a rare boosted boss though).

I also have a myriad of techs/forces 2 chars worth. A bit lackluster, fun in the early levels. Looking forward to t hose new techs next month.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    The game sucks.
    says a guy that made a wiki no one uses and didn't hit a level cap in this game in how long?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpen Thingy View Post
    says a guy that made a wiki no one uses and didn't hit a level cap in this game in how long?
    I was level cap until they higher'd it. Though the game still sucks overall.

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessRed View Post
    Coming to the forums you will get back handed by negativity.

I personally play on Ship 01, while a majority of English speakers player on ship02. given my experience with most of them (via PSO-World) I'm pretty glad I'm on ship01 as most people are just obnoxious/elitists going at full sprint on their hedonic treadmill.

That is of course besides the point. PSO2 is a good game if you can get over the early level hurdles and lonliness of the early levels.

And Aida and crews PSO tweaker is a blessing. My advice is to look up/research a proper build for your character as most people completely destroy their characters when they first begin and cannot fix them without AC.
    Early level hurdles? Have you seen the XP curve graph?

But yo OP, yeah the game is fun give it a try. I had a friend I thought wouldn't like and he ended up playing till lvl 55

Quote Originally Posted by FacelessRed View Post
    I play Hunter/fighter as my main I can out DPS almost anyone except a gunner. Problem being hunter is clumsy and can easily fall by the wayside when it comes to mobility AND dpsing.

I also have a maxed out gunner/ranger. While I do lower damage than a gunner/hunter my weak point damage is gigantic and my double whammy skill use of weak bullet and chain bullet can pretty much end any boss in about 10 seconds or less (not a rare boosted boss though).

I also have a myriad of techs/forces 2 chars worth. A bit lackluster, fun in the early levels. Looking forward to t hose new techs next month.
    Wait wait wait.... your Hunter/Fighter is out DPSing Bravers? How is that possible? I want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    higher'd
    Did you just-

Quote Originally Posted by Valimer View Post
    Wait wait wait.... your Hunter/Fighter is out DPSing Bravers? How is that possible? I want to believe
    Braver damage isn't that godly, its the ease of use/utility of their damage. It's the incorrect concept that because its easy for you to do that damage doesn't make it the best DPS (this does exclude KF for the most part).

So yes I can out DPS a braver, but its not easy, I have to be trying very very h ard to get the same damage output combined with requiring a lot more gear to compensate for their 1 button kill nonsense. but it can be done.

It's just a matter of what lasts long enough for me to get the highest DPS ?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Did you just-
    Yes, it gets the point across.