Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Why do you play Pso2?

I've been playing this game a bit recently and it's really been puzzling me that I don't know why I've been playing it. Most of the time I pop in for an EQ and idle around in the lobby for a while. I mostly play the game without any motivation to do to and it feels like almost like a chore I wouldn't be doing if I had something even remotely better to do. I figured it'd be nice to have some perspective from the community, questions below.

1) Why do you play Pso2?
    2) What do you like about the game?
    3) What keeps you playing?
    4) What aspects of the game would you like to see improved?

Because it's fun.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Because Warframe started putting in all their new content behind a time wall where you gather a ton of resources, wait three days for research, then wait another day (after you log in and micromange) for the actual item to craft from the research (for more resources). Or you can buy guns from the cash shop at about $10 / piece.

They do small weekly content releases and roughly monthly major releases. We've gotten an entire update and two weeks of content purely put into the game this way. As an established player there with most of the game done that's a big giant middle finger in my direction. Zero fun, zero gameplay, just waiting or paying.

I get that they want that sort of content, but there's no excuse for releasing everything new in that fashion for a month straight. They should have alternated or mixed distribution methods.

PSO2 has Dreamcast PSO nostalgia plus Dark Souls-like dodging, blocking and countering. Hunter felt slow and stiff, but once I tried Katana it was a done deal. Katana / Bow / Gunslash is fun. Really need to max the step skill because the hitboxes seem way bigger than what's actually hitting me, compared to other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    1) Why do you play Pso2?
    1) I played PSO and had a friend who plays PSO2, so I gave it a whirl looking for something new.

2) Blocking / Dodging, mix of targeted and aimed combat to suit how lazy I'm feeling.

3) Enjoyable and interactive gameplay. Not just 'I cast X on the bad guys' but real interaction with timing and meaningful distancing.

4) I feel like PSO2 takes away control way too often. Stuns/staggers, dialog that locks your movement, cutscenes, load screens, lots and lots of things that on their own would be forgivable but PSO2 just heaps it on the whole time. Taking control in the lobby, starting a mission, during the fight, after the fight, etc etc. Sometimes I get frustrated with it.
    Last edited by VKhaun; Feb 22, 2014 at 07:33 AM.

it's because of different MMOs? kinda tired of mostly "Medieval" themes MMOs

1. It gives me something to do whilst my wife is knitting.
    2. It gives me something to do whilst my wife is knitting.
    3. It gives me something to do whilst my wife is knitting.
    4. Although I genuinely don't mind PSO2's RNG it would be good if there were missions that rewarded people for skill/speed in some way rather than drops purely being based on luck. Even something as simple as bonus Meseta for hitting a certain time in Taco's would be nice. Despite that little gripe, and I do mean little, I'm quite happy with the game.
    Last edited by martinmeegan; Feb 22, 2014 at 09:42 AM.
    *Hope, a guaranteed way to experience disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    1) Why do you play Pso2?
    1) For Demacia! (actually, to kill time and have fun)
    2) the Combat, the ways to have fun away from battlefield, the only game that actually focuses more on cosmetics (and not failing at it) makes it fun.
    3) Delusioning about getting super rares and actually getting it. (happened twice already)
    4) male costumes design.

Most people I talk to online these days play it, so it gives us something to do together. Also barbies in space.

edit: I should answer the actual questions instead of just the topic title

1) Why do you play Pso2?
    1. Most people I talk to online these days play it, so it gives us something to do together. Also barbies in space.
    2. Barbies in space and robot barbies in space.
    3. See 1
    4. Quests that aren't randomly generated area 1, randomly generated area 2, randomly generated area 3 with a code. Also, droprates that aren't complete ass. Weapons that are unique WITHOUT having to grind them 4 times, or even 2 times, or even 1 time. Give players a better and faster way to suggest fixes to class problems. Never give any class a 100% damage bonus on a new skill again.

edit2:
    4b. GIVE ME A WAY TO USE CAST PARTS LIKE ESTE TICKETS SO THEY'RE OUT OF MY INVENTORY OH MY GOD THERE ARE SO MANY. Also let us turn on and off accessory slots outside of the este shop and tinker with lighting inside the este shop. Honestly, with this much focus on the barbies you'd think they'd polish everything some more.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Feb 22, 2014 at 09:56 AM.

I play PSO2 because:
    - I always liked the online Phantasy Star games, I am completely tired of point & click online RPGs (the ones that try to have action elements are not different enough from point & click ones for me).
    - I don't like the usual ancient fantasy setting that other online RPGs have and prefer the futuristic setting of phantasy star.
    - I'm still not bored of PSO2, I still enjoy playing it.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

1. I enjoyed earlier Phantasy Star games and figured PSO2 would keep my attention for a while.
    2. Its combat and character customization.
    3. Dress Up.
    4. I can't say I'm too fond of the droprates. Other than that, I suppose I'm content with it.

1. its a fully anime styled video game with perfectly balanced graphics, and plus, THERE IS NO GOD OF WAR RIPPED TYPE OF CHARACTER DESIGN IN THE GAME!!! NICE!! (i absolutely despise american character designs and how they love overly ripped male characters that make me barf from looking at) and its japanese which is another plus.
    2. I love the wasd movement. no click to move, no turn based "action" (turn based gameplay is not called action, its called shit, if anyone has played aura kingdom, you know what shit is).
    3. I always wait for new updates and i feel that costuming my character wiht new accessories is one huge thing that keeps me stuck to this game like glue.
    4. MORE STORY!!!! and definitely make the lobby more interesting, and larger as well. the only bad thing about this game is that i feel so confined in the lobby, i feel like there is no roaming space.