Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

A lot of great replies. I finally have time to reply, so I'll try to get a bunch of responses in.

Quote Originally Posted by xervah View Post
    it's because of different MMOs? kinda tired of mostly "Medieval" themes MMOs
    This is definitely pretty big. Between Diablo, world of war craft, final fantasy online and the countless other free online games, you think someone would start branching off into different genre's instead of the same Lord of the Rings Orc, Elf, Human mid-evil theme.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Most people I talk to online these days play it, so it gives us something to do together. Also barbies in space.

1. Most people I talk to online these days play it, so it gives us something to do together. Also barbies in space.
    2. Barbies in space and robot barbies in space.
    3. [/b]See 1[/b]
    This post is hilarious. Seems like this should be the game's subtitle.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by AsinineWaffle View Post
    I enjoyed earlier Phantasy Star games and figured PSO2 would keep my attention for a while.
    One of the main qualms I have with this game is that while PSO2's gameplay is really well done, the game itself doesn't have it's own feel to it. It seems to lack depth and doesn't know what they want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    It's not a MMO stop falling into that trap. Plus MMOs are terrible games This game while flawed it's not terrible and it's not a MMO.

I play it because it's an action mutiplayer online game with dress up and batshit insane perverted sega things.

Japan never change.
    I definitely agree with this. Phantasy Star isn't an MMO and I prefer the smaller party sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeverlasting View Post
    1. its a fully anime styled video game with perfectly balanced graphics, and plus, THERE IS NO GOD OF WAR RIPPED TYPE OF CHARACTER DESIGN IN THE GAME!!! NICE!! (i absolutely despise american character designs and how they love overly ripped male characters that make me barf from looking at) and its japanese which is another plus.
    2. I love the wasd movement. no click to move, no turn based "action" (turn based gameplay is not called action, its called shit, if anyone has played aura kingdom, you know what shit is).
    3. I always wait for new updates and i feel that costuming my character wiht new accessories is one huge thing that keeps me stuck to this game like glue.
    4. MORE STORY!!!! and definitely make the lobby more interesting, and larger as well. the only bad thing about this game is that i feel so confined in the lobby, i feel like there is no roaming space.
    This post.
    1. Characters are really well designed with a lot of customization. It would be nice to see guys get more love, but I think Sega has figure out they make the most money off of loli-scratches and don't seem to bother doing anything else.
    2. Gameplay is one thing I think doesn't have any flaws in the game. Balance is definitely and issue, but the way the game controls and feels is really fluid.
    4. This is pretty huge for me. Not more story, but better story. What ruins the game for me is that nothing you do seems to be of any consequence. Arks is on a huge self-sustaining fleet of ships. They really have no reason to randomly go down to planets to personally kill the local wildlife with photon weapons.
    The universe doesn't feel very well defined. There's nothing to see, do or interact with. While the lobby is generally pretty well done, the "My room" feature doesn't make any sense to me. You can change the scenery, so do you have to take a camp ship down to your apartment?
    Other than that, the game doesn't give you any reason to care about it. Why does Arks have to massacre so many furry woodland creatures? What are Darkers after? It seems like Arks is a lot worse. What is Shion doing, and Luther controls Arks, so what? PSO starts the game with a simple premise, find out what happened to Pioneer One, and everything else stems from that as you're trying to figure out what happens. Pso2 gives you nothing to go on, nothing to look forward to or care about at all.

I've been playing this game, while at the same time working on a new character on GC PSO because I recently lost my memory cards. I think I enjoy both games for different reasons, but there's times when I find a good party in PSO (which is rare for a NEW gamecube character), I find myself really missing the experience the game offered. The game mechanics are really flawed, and it's incredibly repetitive, so maybe it's just the nostalgia of playing with friends? I wonder if I'll find myself thinking the same thing about PSO2 when Sega moves on to the next thing.

I think I'm going to keep playing PSO 2, simply because it's a decent social RPG game and I've made a lot of friends playing it. But, for me, it will never be a replacement for PSO.

1. I like the atmosphere and art style.
    2. I enjoy the gameplay
    3. Old friends from PSO/PSU

That, and I think I've had my fill of WoW-like trinity MMO's.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

1. It was made by Sonic Team. I tried Phantasy Star series because they didn't want to release a proper Sonic game after Generations after a while (and, tbh, still didn't). I liked idea of casual sci-fi setup that came with earlier 3D Sonic games and (Fleetway + some of Archie) comics so I checked PSU out. I liked atmosphere and universe so I've gone to check out PSO2. Dynamics of this game remind me of Sonic a lot, actually.

2. I like it for same reasons as Sonic games: soundtrack, dynamics, atmoshpere. Another thing is that I can totally play this game in absolutely relaxed state.

3. Pretty much what I said in previous parts.

4. I can write up a rather huuuge list of that and it would feel like I described a whole different game by it, but I'll say it in one word: quality. Well, I didn't really see many SEGA games that have it, but it doesn't keep me away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Derpington View Post
    If your comp can handle PSO2 it can handle a lot of other mmos...
    Yep but no good MMOs, the good ones, take Tera, it demands 4GB memory, PSO2 just 2 on Win7.
    Busy doing nothing...

1) Because its a game I can pick up and play for a hour and go back to what I was doing

2) What do you like about the game? Sci-Fi (I can't really call it anime), real time combat system. More or less, most if not all MMOs besides Tera is your typical cookie cutter nothing amazing combat system. Follows the same premise at the end of the day.

3) What keeps you playing? Combat system and nothing else out there good to me as far as online games go besides FF14. I'm old school and played too many of these cookie cutter mmos/online games to make me want to invest time in them. Other games that somewhat mimick PSO2's combat system (i.e Korean games mostly, but the only one that came out in the USA was Rusty Hearts which was a side scrolling failure. Oh I guess I can mention Dragon's nest too). While PSO2's enemy A.I is not all that great (thus providing a better challenge and party play), all those cookie cutter MMOs are normally worse to the point to why even play?

4) What aspects of the game would you like to see improved? Better graphics and cast parts LOL. Don't really care about much else besides making the enemy A.I smarter and making fights more challenging thus promoting party play. Since I'm old school PSO/PSU, there is no way to really make me play this game like those two as often as I did.

***Disclaimer***

I rarely play pso2 these days. Mostly a console gamer these days. While I complained about PSO2 being boring in past posts, in reality, all games are like that. For example, most of the time when I log in to PSO2, its to do a taco and then log off. I look at these other cookie cutter mmo games and they do similiar things. People just log in to do dailies and at times, they can't even do that.

This is a trend I see in every online game lol. Only game I played where it wasn't the same dull and boring stuff was FFXI (the old FFXI, not the current FFXI. By old, I mean probably after the Zilart expansion and before that expansion after the COP expansion. Oh and when they did forced grouping to get things done)

This is also why I don't play all those cookie cutter MMOs that have been out or coming out. I'll try them out sure, but do I really play them? No because at the end of the day I'm going to end up doing the same thing as I do in PSO2 minus PSO2's combat system. PSO2 is as close as you get as for me actually playing and giving Segac $ from time to time.

Tera? A cookie cutter mmo to me. May be the "first" mmo with real time combat, but everything else about it was pretty much cookie cutter MMO. From quests to its boring story. I was not immersed in it at all like I was when I first played PSO2.

Blade and Soul? Interesting game I guess. Graphics are definitely superior compared to PSO2. Thats all that has going for it for me for now, but I'd give it a try.

All in all, Segac got a good game here despite all its issues. If I was going to recommend people certain types of online rpg games, it would be this :

Gameplay: PSO2, Tera, Dragon's Nest, Vindictus (Graphically superior version of PSO2)
    AFK Botting (Legal): Jade Dynasty
    Strategy: FFXIV/FFXI
    Graphics: Blade and Soul
    Story: ???? (I'm drawing blanks here)

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    1. It was made by Sonic Team.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but PSO2 isn't a Sonic Team game.

1) Why do you play Pso2?
    I don't have much time to play games anymore (college student) so this game is at a good casual level. Meaning I can step away from the game for several days and comeback with no consequences. I'm also a fan of the series, PSO DC and Xbox played a major role growing up as a gamer.

2) What do you like about the game?
    Its a pretty good game considering I payed nothing for it. I don't think its an accurate sequel to the original PSO but I enjoy what it does right. Gameplay is solid and I can't find anything else like. I love the focus on customization and I like rare items.

3) What keeps you playing?
    I've made a nice circle of friends and I couldn't ask for a better team. Amazingly, the team has managed to find like minded people who just want to have fun and not complain about something everyone already knows. Other then that, I love "barbies in space" and shiny red boxes.

4) What aspects of the game would you like to see improved?
    Woo! The list would be too long for me to type out. A one word summary would be...design. The game does a lot things that have potential but fails on the execution. The game lacks lore, I shouldn't be able to play the game for almost 2 years and still not understand why I'm doing things. Why am I surveying planets? Or killing alien wildlife? Am I even traveling to other planets? Why have I killed the "final boss" over 100 times?

Overall its a great game for what it is. A free to play Online Action RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanKactus View Post
    The game lacks lore, I shouldn't be able to play the game for almost 2 years and still not understand why I'm doing things. Why am I surveying planets? Or killing alien wildlife? Am I even traveling to other planets? Why have I killed the "final boss" over 100 times?
    I think this may be more a problem of the language barrier than the game itself.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but PSO2 isn't a Sonic Team game.
    Since that team no longer exists but the bulk of the pso2's team is former members we can argue it is a Sonic team game. It also gets points for being incompetent in several areas that hurt the potential. But views things by what the are rather than what they aught to be.