Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    Since that team no longer exists but the bulk of the pso2's team is former members we can argue it is a Sonic team game. It also gets points for being incompetent in several areas that hurt the potential. But views things by what the are rather than what they aught to be.
    Sonic Team still exists though, the Sonic Team logo appears in the Sonic Lost World credits and also in its webpage.
    http://www.sega.com/soniclostworld/
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by DeificEpyon View Post
    That's because they make plenty of money from people playing dress-up.

I play because my friends play, and it's something to do when I'm bored. I do enjoy this game, but like others, I wish it could be better and had more to do. If you play this game occasionally and try not to get into it too much, it's not such a bad game. If you play it frequently and want more out of it though, then it starts to feel like it's lacking. You can tell SEGA was aiming for the casual department with this game. It's something you pick up and play for awhile, then do something else. Emergency Missions are a testament to that.

Thankfully, I play other things besides PSO 2, so in the end it's a decent experience on this game. I'll play PSO 2 when an EM comes up or my friends are on, then play other "hardcore" games when I'm in a real gaming mood.
    It's not even that there isn't enough content, but that the existing content is pretty boring.

For example, AQ's could have been different and more interesting, Interrupt rankings dont come up often enough, Time Attacks were designed very poorly in my opinion, the emergency trials that show up in the field are all uninteresting and pretty much the same, they could have designed specific and more fun and interesting missions and left only the free exploration to be randomly generated etc. etc.

But you're right, they make /enough/ money from costumes and people who want new mags and bigger inventory space. It just boggles my mind that they wouldn't want their game to be more liked and more popular. Imagine if PSO2 was as popular as League of Legends? They would make SO much more money. It's funny because PSO2 actually got poor/mediocre reviews in Japan.

I played this game mostly because itīs a direct sequels to one of my favorite games of all time.
    But that alone wonīt hold me for long, there is no real depth too PSO2.
    Just run in circles for waves of enemies to die like flies and respawn infinitely and hope you can leech a bit for good stuff or wait for EQ for something slightly different.

Mine Defence is different since itīs like a Tower Defence mode and iīm personally not a real fan of it, but it need more different objectives to spice things up.

I donīt really play this game much other then popping in every now and doing new stuff and story related things.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Quote Originally Posted by darkante View Post
    Mine Defence is different since itīs like a Tower Defence mode and iīm personally not a real fan of it, but it need more different objectives to spice things up.
    With the towers spaced so far apart, it honestly feels more like a zerg-rush-the-everything mode (aka: same old gameplay) than an honest tower defense.

TD isn't actually anything like the traditional tower defense genre. You don't place towers. You don't shape enemy paths. You don't do anything but attack enemies. TD is tower defense with you on the ground, no towers, and constantly exposed cores.

We only call it tower defense because you literally defend towers, so the term caught on in groups that can't read japanese (so most of us terrible horrible evil gaijins). That's not even how it translates; it's closer to Mine Base Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Valimer View Post
    It's funny because PSO2 actually got poor/mediocre reviews in Japan.
    To be fair, the overall score of 6.7, I think, is not bad. And it changes depending on demographic and whether the reviewer had friends to play with.

But maybe that's because I don't browse game review sites, where everything below 8 is deemed terrible, 9 as decent, and 10 as prepaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Valimer View Post
    It's not even that there isn't enough content, but that the existing content is pretty boring.

For example, AQ's could have been different and more interesting, Interrupt rankings dont come up often enough, Time Attacks were designed very poorly in my opinion, the emergency trials that show up in the field are all uninteresting and pretty much the same, they could have designed specific and more fun and interesting missions and left only the free exploration to be randomly generated etc. etc.

But you're right, they make /enough/ money from costumes and people who want new mags and bigger inventory space. It just boggles my mind that they wouldn't want their game to be more liked and more popular. Imagine if PSO2 was as popular as League of Legends? They would make SO much more money. It's funny because PSO2 actually got poor/mediocre reviews in Japan.
    I don't think SEGA wants to take any risks with this game. So they're playing it safe and making money off of what they know will work for sure (dress-up). Many people have pointed out on this forum that they believe SEGA has no idea what really made previous games popular, so they just go with what they know works. I wouldn't find it hard to believe.

I'm aware the content in this game is quite boring, that's why I stick to doing a select few things (EM's for instance). While the current content could be better, it still wouldn't hurt to have more things to do as well. Honestly, PSO 2 is just a social hub with gameplay tacked on. When you start to look at it that way it makes more sense.

1) Why do you play Pso2?
    I've played PSO on the Nintendo GameCube, I've loved this kind of game-style ever since then.
    2) What do you like about the game?
    EVERYTHING! Love how you can customize your character, hack-n-slashy type of battles, everything. Haha
    3) What keeps you playing?
    The daily logins, friends, EQs, rares.
    4) What aspects of the game would you like to see improved?
    There isn't much yet, but one, the rare stone shop could be a little bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanKactus View Post
    The game does a lot things that have potential but fails on the execution. The game lacks lore, I shouldn't be able to play the game for almost 2 years and still not understand why I'm doing things. Why am I surveying planets? Or killing alien wildlife? Am I even traveling to other planets? Why have I killed the "final boss" over 100 times?
    I've been really annoyed with this as well. After translating nearly all of the story it's only starting to show a faint sense of direction. A few scenes I translated with Casra indicate that Arks might be perpetuating the conflict with Darkers as it provides an impetus for increased militarization. In another conversation he says that the duty of the Three Heroes is to protect the Mother Ship and nothing more. So eventually the plot seems to be picking up, but I think it ties in with what DeificEpyon says.

Quote Originally Posted by DeificEpyon View Post
    I'm aware the content in this game is quite boring, that's why I stick to doing a select few things (EM's for instance). While the current content could be better, it still wouldn't hurt to have more things to do as well. Honestly, PSO 2 is just a social hub with gameplay tacked on. When you start to look at it that way it makes more sense.
    They probably make more money on scratch tickets for costumes that anything else. Sega's focus is making money, so it's probably a low priority for them to make more story chapters if it doesn't have any adverse effect against their bottom line. Even so, I'm still pretty disappointed as the game's content and the rules of how the world works, so having a good lore generally really contributes to the games experience. That being said though, even with all of the game's short comings, it's still better than a lot of other games out there.

1) Why do you play Pso2?
    Idk, i already played this game since beta days, and this game successfully bait my interest. But probably just because i don't have any other game to play with.

2) What do you like about the game?
    Detailed character creator, like really it's really hard to find game with good CC. Sometimes i found myself rolling either an ugly or awkward looking character or generic-ish looks. I also loves action game in general, and overall game art directions.

3) What keeps you playing?
    Probably i have people to play with, or because huge amount of time investment.

4) What aspects of the game would you like to see improved?
    More content variations and better RNG.