Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rappy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Yes, seeing clueless twits in lobbies right before EQs, gabbing with their buddies and being generally obnoxious, is embarrassing. All the JP players and the courteous EN players are kind of just thinking eugh, shut up please...
    I have seen that before. I am glad they made a translation for the game but I guess it brought in the rift raft too huh.

There is no such thing as any game where speaking a certain language is against the TOS, so I don't see why anyone would assume otherwise for PSO2. Think of all the US games that are "invaded" by BR speaking players, or how many USA citizens in general can speak Spanish.

The language you speak and where you're from can very often be mutually exclusive. I speak essentially perfect, fluent English but I actually live in Japan. There are millions of permanent resident in Japan who don't even speak Japanese as their first language, or even at all. I speak and generally communicate more with English players for that matter. Do you think that for one second I'm likely to get banned? The stupidity of suggesting or even wondering about whether or not you can speak a certain language without getting banned honestly...concerns me, as it speaks to how sheltered you are.

In terms of the actual topic, there was once a popular blog people used to link about this guy who spent like 6000 USD on the game, owned the economy, never hacked and then was banned. He wrote like a bible on how he was one of the most dedicated players and yet still banned for "no reason", and then used it as a platform to speak about how SEGA is racist simply because they're a Japanese company (that came from the USA btw), and that people need to band together to stop video game racism. I don't have the link to it but maybe someone else still does. I thought it was a bunch of rubbish, personally.

The point of the line in the TOS is to ensure you keep your head down, so that they don't have to provide any excuses or reasons should you start acting like a baka gaijin (this is an actual thing, btw) to ban you, but most players who are honest about their game play (who post here) have never been banned.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Mar 2, 2014 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    There is no such thing as any game where speaking a certain language is against the TOS, so I don't see why anyone would assume otherwise for PSO2. Think of all the US games that are "invaded" by BR speaking players, or how many USA citizens in general can speak Spanish.
    i got banned from quarantine 2019 for speaking spanish though

Quote Originally Posted by Aine View Post
    i got banned from quarantine 2019 for speaking spanish though
    Hm, well I'd ask further questions and maybe even for direct proof that it was because you spoke a language, but I don't even know what "quarantine 2019" is, nor do I even think that counts because it's some kinda browser text-based game (according to google search), and when text is the only method of game play...

Obviously I'm referring to big budgeted online MMORPG titles, and that stupid "game" doesn't even have a visible ToS. They reserve the right to ban you for whatever reason they want.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Mar 2, 2014 at 04:36 AM.

Rappy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post

The language you speak and where you're from can very often be mutually exclusive. I speak essentially perfect, fluent English but I actually live in Japan. There are millions of permanent resident in Japan who don't even speak Japanese as their first language, or even at all. I speak and generally communicate more with English players for that matter. Do you think that for one second I'm likely to get banned? The stupidity of suggesting or even wondering about whether or not you can speak a certain language without getting banned honestly...concerns me, as it speaks to how sheltered you are.

In terms of the actual topic, there was once a popular blog people used to link about this guy who spent like 6000 USD on the game, owned the economy, never hacked and then was banned. He wrote like a bible on how he was one of the most dedicated players and yet still banned for "no reason", and then used it as a platform to speak about how SEGA is racist simply because they're a Japanese company (that came from the USA btw), and that people need to band together to stop video game racism. I don't have the link to it but maybe someone else still does. I thought it was a bunch of rubbish, personally.

The point of the line in the TOS is to ensure you keep your head down, so that they don't have to provide any excuses or reasons should you start acting like a baka gaijin (this is an actual thing, btw) to ban you, but most players who are honest about their game play (who post here) have never been banned.
    I am well traveled and not sheltered I can assure you. I have been to Japan spent most of my time in Shinjuku. Anyways I have been to almost every continent on earth with the exception of Australia and Antartica. Saying I am sheltered would be a very erroneous statement. There are companies that will not allow offshore players. Speaking another language was not my inherent question my real question deals with PC locales and IP address investigations.

A symptom or a result of speaking another language may warrant the admins to do background checking which they do on other games for instance some Chinese games and Korean games come to mind. Currently my Locale is set to Singapore so I can play cDNF cause without it they wont let me play. If I change it I will be punished by a trade lock and perhaps even permaban. So the question is valid without being "sheltered". Though I like hearing your input non the less.

I've been playing the game with some japanese friends (and their friends who don't know or care about me) for a while. I can't speak jack shit of japanese, and they are the same way with english. So, I obviously use various internet translators, they know very well that I'm not in Japan, and my autowords are entirely in english. Maybe I'm just lucky, but, still no ban so far.

With that said, I'm fairly sure that you can get banned (or suspended) if you get reported for it. But the players seem to mostly be cool with foreigners, and Sega isn't out for gaijin blood, unlike KOEI (yet).

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

When I went with the official Fukuoka meet up and spoke with the JP players there, they wish they could speak more English so they can communicate better, they tend to enjoy the sense of multiculturalism since it's new to them and not many online games have that feel to them.

The public chatting (mainly in B20) isn't a great idea, especially when it's obnoxious stuff being said. You barely ever see JP players speak in public chat, I assume they stick to party/team chat mainly.

I think if Sega had big problems with foreigners playing, we'd all be banned by now. Provided you don't do anything stupid online you should be fine.

I've spoken to a handful of JP players and most seem quite interested in us. I expect there are some JP players who don't like foreigners online, much the same as any multilingual online game.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

There are a few empty blocks where JP groups gather at certain times or places and chat in public.

As far as I know there have been no ban horror stories.
    Well, other than all those garbled named people who seemed to disappear when China got banned.

the same can be said to other block as well, it's fun how I can converse with JPs. similar to how JPs talk to us in B-20.