Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Oh my dear god, I am terribly sorry. It appears that, in my hasty typing, I foolishly neglected to specify that a casting Elysion user has absolutely no business doing that. Melee Techers and their gorgeous wand gear powered exploding Elysions can go right on ahead with their fantastic Zondeel shenanigans. Put that sword model to good use!

Yeah, it's not like Zondeeling 10 mobs together would benefit Sazan and its tiny AoE yet large damage at all, nope.

Also hey, I remember you. Glad to see you've stuck by Force for a year
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Third paragraph, first line please. Read the rest if you can be bothered to.

If that's a problem, sub Fighter or Braver instead of Techer. Run Te/Fi for Elysion builds. This mainly only applies when you actually need to travel quickly, which isn't always the case. I've only found it warranted in TAs, where /Fi and /Br are better in the first place.

This isn't even factually correct, let alone as an argument. Every tech that gets a crafting recipe to reduce charge times also gets a charge time below 1s. That alone doesn't make them viable because the damage still isn't worth it. And how are you useless because you're slower at traveling? TD, most if not all EQs, AQs, XQs, all of those place far less emphasis on traveling than TAs, to a point it's inconsequential how fast you travel unless your MPA sucks for TD or you really want to gather as many crystals as possible for whatever reason.

You know what would be a lot more useful? If you could actually wipe out mobs you Zondeel with a single shot. I'm sure better geared Forces are outputting better damage than I am, but right now, I barely fall short of three-shotting Goldorahdas in SH with my Fo/Te using Nafoie off a Talis. And this is with a little over 2K T-ATK, though the multipliers backing it could be better (FM1 at 5, FM2 at 1) If I could three shot them, or even better, two shot, I could wipe out large groups of them with Zondeel > 2-3 Nafoies and be able to maintain that for an entire spawn group using PP Convert and be raring to go for the next wave once the cooldown ends. I wouldn't simply be support, struggling to actually do anything once I do Zondeel all those mobs together besides Gifoie flinch lock mantises. But I can't output that kind of damage. And that has nothing to do with my charge time, or my travel capabilities. That is solely a flaw in my damage. Fo/Fi and Fo/Br could do better damage, but then PP Convert is lost, and Nafoie burns through PP too rapidly to be used for this strategy without PP Convert. Maybe, if I had a fire tree, I could make this happen. But I don't. And I don't intend to spend AC for it.

Zondeel with Elysion, genius. Next you'll tell me Gunners use Reverse Tap to help prevent Goldorahdas from hitting towers. That's not how any Elysion user should play. To even think of that is indicative of simply not understanding what Elysion is used for. It's really ironic that, with how obsessed some people are over Elysion on this forum, raving about the uses of it, you somehow managed to miss that someone using Elysion is never going to get in range for Zondeel, never intends to, and never needs to. You call me ignorant in the first line of your post, then proceed to tell me an Elysion user wants to get in range to use Zondeel. Give me a break, that's ridiculous.

I don't have the firsthand experience to compare. That does not mean I don't have the knowledge or secondhand experience. The person I play with most plays both Gunner and Braver, along with Force. I play with Gunners and Bravers every day because they're everywhere. I see people tanking hits all the time. I tank hits all the time while leveling up Hunter on my Te/Hu. You know something? Not all classes have the same strengths. Why should Force or Techer get the ability to withstand attacks while charging? No class has that! You're getting flinched if you get hit whether you're a Braver preparing Shunka Shunran, a Gunner preparing Heel Stab, a Hunter preparing Ride Slasher, or a Fighter that wants more range on Deadly Archer. You get hit while charging, you lose it. That's how it works for all of them. So what if some attacks have super armor for those classes, and Force and Techer don't? They shouldn't get it! They aren't supposed to need it!

Where do you get off on wanting techs to get super armor? That tells me straight up that you don't know how to play Force or Techer if you actually feel the class needs it. You pull out some of the most potent PAs of the classes you name without ever mentioning that numerous other, not-so-good PAs also have these traits. Shunka Shunran is not good because it has super armor. Bloody Sarabande is not good because it has guard frames. Bloody Sarabande is hardly even worth mentioning because it's Fighter's best mobbing PA, which it really needs given how laughably bad at mobbing it would otherwise be.

I've heard only bad things about Force in the endgames of those two games, so this is moot. Not to mention they aren't even comparable with each other, let alone PSO2. They're all Phantasy Star games, but it's a lot like saying magic is broken in every FF game because it was broken in FFVI (of course, FFVI was broken in general, but that's not really the point).

None of which were an actual factor when Force was top tier. You called me out on experience, but you're rapidly making it appear that you genuinely have no idea what Force was like when it was top tier.

Well gee, I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to say when I read you're having trouble with randomly using Mirage Escape when you don't mean to. I'd suggest getting a repair or replacement for whatever you use to play, but then, you say it doesn't happen for classes that have Dive Roll/Step for their dodge action. You complain about what I said, but saying you just need to get more comfortable with the class is the most polite thing I could chalk this up to.

And let me make this perfectly clear: I am by no means suggesting Force is balanced, nor did I ever say it it was. I am by no means suggesting that Braver/Gunner are not broken, nor did I ever say they weren't. I am by no means suggesting that Force's advantages allow it to keep up with those two classes, nor did I ever say that they did. But, I will reiterate, those classes are broken. Why should Force be buffed to match them, and only Force, when they outclass more than just Force? Why talk like it's only Force that has a problem, when it's more than just Force that is underpowered compared to those classes?

I seriously don't get why I have to keep reiterating this. I run into this way too often. Too often do I see people putting words in other's mouths during disagreements. You could sum up half my post as "I didn't say X, I said Y". Please, read my post carefully, and instead of trying to justify your stance, look at the shortcomings of other classes. I brought up the charging PAs in the first post because they are PAs that are good despite the charging mechanics. Why? Because despite Heel Stab requiring a flip and a charge, its benefits are completely worth it. That is what Force's problem is. It isn't super armor, it isn't frailty, it isn't the trees being split into different elements. It's that, for these flaws, they are no longer worth the benefits. The benefits need to be buffed. Damage buffs, charge speed buffs, AoE buffs, plenty of options, but not pointless buffs like granting super armor during the attack. That is not what techs are for, and to ask for it is essentially admitting that you are a bad Force, because it's actually a problem for you.

In other words, I have every reason to believe that you are indeed a bad Force, because you are attributing its flaws to something that was never a problem in the past. Techs do not need super armor, they do not need guard frames, they do not need any of that melee stuff. Giving a tech super armor is by no means going to make them suddenly good again, which seems to be what you're suggesting by mentioning Bloody Sarabande. What a Force needs in its techs is better damage, better charge time, lower PP costs, better AoE, stuff like that. You have a problem with getting hit all the time? Use a Talis. You shouldn't even touch Rods in the first place outside of a few exceptions, and you shouldn't touch Wands at all if you're going Fo/Te, since you can't even equip Elysion without being better off as a Te/Fo or Te/Fi. Talis Tech Bonus has made Talis the best source of damage for casting, all else equal (save T-ATK).
    I don't want super armor. Those other classes get great PAs, much more pleasant skill trees, crazy boosts AND far too many protections from being flinched and easier PP restoration. I don't think super armor will help anything. But when other classes with charge PAs get better benefits and better DPS, those classes ARE BETTER.

And now who is asking for force to be buffed to gunner/braver levels? Make up your mind, do you want force buffed or not; don't tell me in one paragraph that you think I'm crazy for wanting force as strong as gunners/braver (I don't actually, I want some UPSIDE for having to charge)... and in another paragraph that you want better tech damage, lower charge times etc. You want buffs or you don't.

I personally have only been annoyed by charging since it no longer has an upside. I didn't play since the beginning of the game, I played a few months in VH, but then SH came out and it simply became "annoyance with no upside" for force. I hate te/hu, I hate wands and only touch elysion (as te/fo or te/fi caster, not smacking). I prefer rods but they are the suicidal weapon of choice so lately it's been talises.

I'm sorry not everyone is super-force never getting touched or having to mirage in the middle of a 60 PP tech and losing all that PP for no reason. Not convinced that it's my keyboard causing random mirage, maybe you like to be like a frozen statue when you charge and don't move, but everyone I know as force talks about how trigger happy mirage is versus step/roll.

Don't put words in my mouth. I was giving you more examples of upsides other classes have during charging and during the actual PAs. They get upsides and a long list of them... we don't anymore, that's that. Just because you got more time in the era of one-shot mobs with one tech doesn't mean this era isn't bad for fo/te.

Easier to get into how you play better... and yet somehow you still have a litany of things you want fo/te to do better... So I guess playing better doesn't make fo/te suck less afterall. *rolls eyes*

Er, with the new force nukes we could say these buffs are a start.

Let's see, I want to address some of this.

Charging back then was totally worth it because:
    1. PP regen
    2. Mobs were far away
    3. Mobs had low HP
    4. Uncharged techs are trash

1. Now Gunner and Braver have all-purpose, low-cost PAs with high damage, AoE, and mobility. Plus increased PP regen on normal attacks. Yet charging for 2-7PP/s without popping a cooldown does not come close to covering the cost of a single tech, which does not come close to the damage of said PAs, which can regain the majority of their cost in one or two regular hits between uses.

2. Mobs approach faster, melee classes can approach faster, Gunner and Braver have more range. Casters got a risky 6s charge tech that deals less damage than an instantly activating PA, or a major PP dump that costs more and deals less than PAs and it can easily miss. Now that travel time is greatly reduced, they gain a meager damage bonus to thrown cards, taking even longer before charging a weak tech that may not even be ready by the time the enemy is nearby or dead.

3. Force always had low damage, but great AoE. Though the weak lv50 mobs died to capped out characters in one shot regardless. They still suffered somewhat to bosses, but that wasn't a concern except solo. While other classes' damage doubled and gained AoE capabilities, only Sazan (which was shit) saw the same DPS treatment. Everything else's damage and AoE stayed 15 levels behind. Before, if something died while you were charging, you targeted something else and oneshotted that. Now, all you can do is poke something before it would have gotten oneshotted without your help, if you can even poke it in the first place.

4. There is no uncharged option. Techs universally suck if you miss that charge. Smaller, weaker, fewer, or all of the above. Sazonde can do slightly more than breaking even for much higher PP cost, but that's it. With Elysion you eliminate charge time, but increase cast time (lol wands) to break even on damage per cast. Reduced charge time skills/latents/crafts come with uneven penalties that make the old charge time seem more worthwhile after all. Would Force be OP in the current state of the game if uncharged techs were as powerful as charged techs are now? Not really. How about if charged techs were still 2-3x stronger to justify the time?
    Last edited by UnLucky; Mar 5, 2014 at 03:13 AM.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Yeah, it's not like Zondeeling 10 mobs together would benefit Sazan and its tiny AoE yet large damage at all, nope.

Also hey, I remember you. Glad to see you've stuck by Force for a year
    Granted, yeah, but I figured the innate vacuum would be much more worthwhile than chasing after the MPA like was being suggested.

Kinnnnda surprised you remember me, nice to see you did! I saw you in lobby a couple times and in a couple Falz Arm MPAs but decided not to say anything. I've been leveling a new character for Te/Hu as opposed to sticking with Fo/Te, but I did end up with an Elysion during...I think week 2 of the boosted Falz. Might go Te/Fi on the character I was playing prior, haven't really decided. Te/Hu has been really fun, Wand Lovers granting it Step + Step Attack made wands go from incredibly dull to far more enjoyable and interesting for me. Only problem I really have with it right now is how stupid MPAs are with detonating Zondeel...sometimes it feels like some players go out of their way to jump above Zondeel and cast Nazonde just to look pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by deahamlet View Post
    I don't want super armor. Those other classes get great PAs, much more pleasant skill trees, crazy boosts AND far too many protections from being flinched and easier PP restoration. I don't think super armor will help anything. But when other classes with charge PAs get better benefits and better DPS, those classes ARE BETTER.
    Wait. Wait wait wait. Did you just say easier PP restoration when Techer has PP Convert and a Force not only regens PP while charging techs but can also use Ketos Proi to its full extent without even having to stop attacking to regain PP. Wow are you serious. No. I am not even going to dignify you with a reply to this part after reading that.

And now who is asking for force to be buffed to gunner/braver levels?
    Yeah, uh, two Nafoie alone is 70 PP, then there's Zondeel, and all I really want out of that is just to kill every Goldorahda within Zondeel range, and these guys ignore Zondeel when they're walking. That's the only thing I've specifically asked for in terms of what I'd like to be able to do with Force. How is that even touching upon Gunner/Braver levels.

Make up your mind, do you want force buffed or not; don't tell me in one paragraph that you think I'm crazy for wanting force as strong as gunners/braver (I don't actually, I want some UPSIDE for having to charge)... and in another paragraph that you want better tech damage, lower charge times etc. You want buffs or you don't.
    Do I think Force needs buffs? Yes. I never said otherwise. But, when I said Gunner/Braver are broken, it kind of comes with the implication that they, you know, should be nerfed. If I did, in fact, want Force to be on par with them, that would be equivalent of saying I want Force to be broken. Which is stupid. Nobody who wants to see a game be balanced should want a class to be broken. I want a balanced game, not my favorite classes be the best.

I personally have only been annoyed by charging since it no longer has an upside. I didn't play since the beginning of the game, I played a few months in VH, but then SH came out and it simply became "annoyance with no upside" for force. I hate te/hu, I hate wands and only touch elysion (as te/fo or te/fi caster, not smacking). I prefer rods but they are the suicidal weapon of choice so lately it's been talises.
    Rods aren't even suicidal, they're outright bad unless they have a potential that merits using them over a Talis, or you actually need to use a tech from a Rod instead of a Talis card/bit/whathaveyou (like Nafoie vs Rockbear). Talis do better damage from a safer distance and carry the benefit of a safe Zondeel that allows you to wipe out enemies more efficiently than with a Rod. The biggest reason to not use a Talis is Elysion, and with that, you only have four techs worth using.

I'm sorry not everyone is super-force never getting touched or having to mirage in the middle of a 60 PP tech and losing all that PP for no reason. Not convinced that it's my keyboard causing random mirage, maybe you like to be like a frozen statue when you charge and don't move, but everyone I know as force talks about how trigger happy mirage is versus step/roll.
    Are you completely unware that you can walk and jump while charging a tech? Because there is literally no reason to accuse me of being a "frozen statue" while charging otherwise, because there is a lot more you can do to prevent yourself from being hi than a twitchy finger on whatever button you use to Mirage Escape. I have no idea about you or the people you talk to, but I put my dodge button in a spot that I can always access when I need it, and never accidentally, and I have never heard of anyone complaining about Mirage Escape randomly triggering before you brought it up. Seriously. If I need to dodge while charging a tech, I jump just high enough that I'm off the ground before hitting Mirage Escape. Upon hitting the ground like that, Mirage Escape is canceled, and I can do whatever I want. This takes about as much time as Step does.

Don't put words in my mouth. I was giving you more examples of upsides other classes have during charging and during the actual PAs. They get upsides and a long list of them... we don't anymore, that's that. Just because you got more time in the era of one-shot mobs with one tech doesn't mean this era isn't bad for fo/te.
    Of course not, but it does mean that I know firsthand better than you do about what made Force good in the first place, and why it's bad now. You clearly demonstrated a lack of this knowledge. You want Force to be stupidly broken like Gunner and Braver, as if that's fair for the other classes. You want Force to not have to deal with charging. You gripe about Mirage Escape for completely unsupportable reasons. Don't even talk like you're in a position to rant about what Force needs.

Easier to get into how you play better... and yet somehow you still have a litany of things you want fo/te to do better... So I guess playing better doesn't make fo/te suck less afterall. *rolls eyes*
    I'm sorry, who was the one talking about how the dodge button keeps pressing itself randomly...right, you. There's a big difference between playing better and not outright being bad. If you're pressing buttons you don't even mean to, you're a bad player. I can't fathom why you have this problem only with classes that have Mirage Escape as the dodge action. I'm chalking it up to poor motor skills, which is the most polite reason I can think of.

Whatever the case, you can't even consider yourself halfway decent as a Force if you can't control when you dodge. So you have no right to complain about Force until you surpass that problem. I honestly don't think I should have seriously replied to you upon reading that. You don't have enough experience to form a reasonable opinion of the class. You can't even dodge right and complain about the game's mechanics being to blame for this. The sheer ignorance involved to even consider such a prospect is evidence alone that you don't know enough about the game to mount reasonable complaints about it.

I'm not even trying to be condescending, there is really no better way to put it. A lot of your complaints have nothing to do with the design of the class so much as the class isn't what you want it to be. And that's too bad, because the class you described shouldn't even be in the game. Force does not need to be on par with Braver or Gunner. Braver and Gunner need to be on par with the other classes. The game is simply not designed to handle those two classes particularly well, and making Force, or any, or all, classes on par with those two isn't balance, it's completely wrecking any semblance of difficulty the game might otherwise have (and it already lacks heavily in difficulty in the first place).