Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Think of it this way guys. They could have pulled a PSU and did this again:
    Spoiler!

Such same music. Much texture swap. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    Think of it this way guys. They could have pulled a PSU and did this again:
    Spoiler!

Such same music. Much texture swap. Wow.
    This.

This was what did it.

This is when I said fuck it.

I left the game about 3 months in due to a lack of content, came back like 6 months to a year later to this shit, and left so hard that I forgot to cancel my sub (but it was fine since I changed banks 2 months later, I only realized my mistake about a year later).

Whoa Giga it's okay no moe of dat anymore. I actually don't wanna see that map anymore either.

Sig by Gama

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    This.

This was what did it.

This is when I said fuck it.

I left the game about 3 months in due to a lack of content, came back like 6 months to a year later to this shit, and left so hard that I forgot to cancel my sub (but it was fine since I changed banks 2 months later, I only realized my mistake about a year later).
    I guess bioware copied sega.

Guys, something just occurred to me.

Remember how Luther's name is written in Japanese? ルーサー. Modify it only slightly and you get ルーシファ (Lucifer).

The design of this new bird darker has a very six-winged Lucifer vibe to it. Almost like that bastard from Shin Megami Tensei (not the one in SMT IV, the one in the earlier versions).

What if (speculation only) Xion and Matoi were Photoners like Luther was, only that the latter survived whatever incident took the lives of the former?

I mean, if you recall, this whole mess started because Xion allowed us to save Matoi. Xion can't get involved directly, and it was only because of her ability to mess with time-space that we had the chance to save Matoi after our first fuckup in Chapter 0 (we don't hear her until we're back onboard the campship, by which time it's too late). Not to mention, Persona himself doesn't start making appearances until after we save Matoi.

Lucifer was a fallen angel in his own mythos, what if Luther is a "fallen" Photoner, and that's why he can't see Xion, and what would give him the power to create his alternate "Persona" if you will?

Sorry, I'm just jumbled from the reveal of the bird Falz Lord. Make of this what you will. In the end, Sega will probably just prove me wrong anyways.

...That's not "modifying it slightly." If the world worked that way, perhaps Luther is actually Lubert because their names start with the same letters!!!

I find it hilarious that Luther is all but licking that wall in awe. (There's a famous story with the historical Luther involving a wall too).
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Arksenth View Post
    ...That's not "modifying it slightly." If the world worked that way, perhaps Luther is actually Lubert because their names start with the same letters!!!
    Except Lubert's name has a "ba" sound, whereas Luther's name in Kana stays within the "s" group of syllables. It would take a lot more modification to get Lucifer out of Lubert than it would out of Luther. I mean, since Japanese doesn't read "si" as "si", it reads it as "shi".

.... I doubt I need to lecture you on Japanese, sadly. But consider that modifying the Japanese reading of Luther is only adding two consonants, while modifying Lubert's in Japanese would require modifying it a lot more.

Again, just sayin'. It doesn't take much work to get Lucifer out of Luther.

P.S. I just realized that you'd be reading Lubert's name in Japanese as "Ruberto" which if you wanna get ridiculous with me, we could forge Roberto out of that. Or, y'know, say that Lubert is really Robert Garcia from KoF. ~_~

EDIT - Just noticed how alike that the new Bird Falz is to Garuda from FFXIV. Sakai couldn't be preparing for his FFXIVxPSO2 dream collab THIS early, could he? I mean, he's not even properly done with the Shingeki collab, and then he sets the framework for this shit.

I mean, think about it for a second: Chrome Dragon's model could work as a base for Ifrit, this new Bird Falz would set a base for Garuda, Wohlgahda would be the base for Titan, and Val Rodos as Leviathan (and considering that we of FFXIV are getting Leviathan this month - I showed a friend of mine on FFXIV what Val Rodos looked like, and he compared it to Leviathan in our game).
    Last edited by Renvalt; Mar 6, 2014 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Except Lubert's name has a "ba" sound, whereas Luther's name in Kana stays within the "s" group of syllables. It would take a lot more modification to get Lucifer out of Lubert than it would out of Luther. I mean, since Japanese doesn't read "si" as "si", it reads it as "shi".

.... I doubt I need to lecture you on Japanese, sadly. But consider that modifying the Japanese reading of Luther is only adding two consonants, while modifying Lubert's in Japanese would require modifying it a lot more.

Again, just sayin'. It doesn't take much work to get Lucifer out of Luther.

P.S. I just realized that you'd be reading Lubert's name in Japanese as "Ruberto" which if you wanna get ridiculous with me, we could forge Roberto out of that. Or, y'know, say that Lubert is really Robert Garcia from KoF. ~_~
    One could go pretty far with logic like that. Like comparing photoners to espers, thus declaring Luther an evil expy of Lutz. Those are all interesting theories, but it can be quite difficult to reliably predict storyline-related material or even point out sources of inspiration for the general character development lines.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Oh, that's Oracle Mother Ship?

Awww. I was hoping it was finally something actually intact on Ririepa.
    Warning: possible spoilers
    Spoiler!