Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Grinding / Adding 11-star weapons

Howdy

Okay, I've been playing a bit, and I got a Falclaw in the towers quest last night (woot). Looking at it, it starts off substantially weaker than my Nei's Claw which is grinded up to 7. It will obviously go much higher, and I finally read about the abilities, and I see that Ability III definitely ups it's value.

First questions: Geez Louise these things are a bitch to grind. 4 grinders & 12k. The kicker is that it seems the possibility of succeeding is low though. Any pointers? When should I start shelling out for the items that guarantee a successful grind.

Abilities: I've never really done this as I'm just now up in the 50's (w/ sub at 35). I see now that you can lose any ability on the target item if the material items don't have it. I've never looked, but I assume Ability III is a hard one to come by. Does that mean I'm likely not going to be adding abilities to this thing?

And for a complex question, are these people dealing sick damage relying on any of these abilities to do so? I'm finally up to holding my own, but Bravers with katana's just slaughter shit, and I'm still a bit weak. Over End seems to be about the only time I can dish out respectable damage.

Any general pointers are appreciated.

Abilities: an additional 75 or 100 S-ATK isn't a significant damage increase but the 3 or 7 additional PP boost would be great, or even HP boost.

also, what class are you playing? you said Over End so you're probably a Hunter but what?

If you're an Fi/Hu, your weapon which deals the most damage would be Double Saber. Twin Daggers work as well. (Symphonic drive away) and Knuckles. (BackHand Smash)

Grinding: use (-1) protects until you get to +8 or 7. (Full protects aren't cheap doe)
    Last edited by WildarmsRE5; Mar 5, 2014 at 08:45 PM.

I'm Hunter/Fighter. It says 58/35 but I went from 54 to 57 after killing a Dig after the update yesterday. It might be a display bug. I will probably switch to Fi/Hu but only after I get my Hunter to 65 and my Fighter to at least 40 to play VH.

Full protects are pricey, but from what I can tell the 11-star probability of successful grinding is WAY lower than 10-star. I failed about 3 times in a row after only being at +1. :-/

Will dick around w/ abilities, but my Mag isn't even at level 100 yet. S-ATK seems to be the slowest to raise, if doing it by itself.

Either way, you'll want to wait until next week for the 10% grind and affix boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealco555 View Post
    Either way, you'll want to wait until next week for the 10% grind and affix boost.
    Is that for everything across the board... and you can stack the items to raise the probability?

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin_punch View Post
    I'm Hunter/Fighter. It says 58/35 but I went from 54 to 57 after killing a Dig after the update yesterday. It might be a display bug.
    Sega reduced the amount of EXP to level up for levels 46-on. The EXP total that put you at 54 before this maintenance now puts you at 57 with this update, which is why your level suddenly jumped like that when you killed a Digg.

As for the question about the grind and affix boost...are you asking whether every affix gets this 10% bonus? If that is the case, the answer is yes. I don't recall whether this is a static or percentage boost, but either way, it gets applied to every affix you try to add on weapons/units.

Oh, and about damage...it could be the affixes, but Shunka Shunran in itself does stupid damage whether the player has a bunch of affixes or not. Affixing is, either way, a good way to boost your damage, however, but Shifta Drinks, cake buffs, a capped mag, and other factors are also in play.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Mar 5, 2014 at 09:41 PM.

Word, thanks.
    And I guess I missed the part about level 46 on. I thought it might be a bug, and they were going to screw me w/ a server reset. Then I got the Farlclaw and was a little nervous. SHould have read the update. Anyway, that will help me quite a bit on the road to 65.

Is Shunka Shunran a katana PA? They seem to be the one doing most of the butt rape.

Yes, Shunka Shunran is a Katana PA. It consists of four strikes, one at a time, each using both hands.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm23022077

The top right corner (top left is Hatou Rindou, not Shunka Shunran). As you can see, it absolutely demolishes poor Val Rodos in no time flat.

Yeah... I don't think I'll be a Braver any time soon, so might want to hunt down one of those Katana's fighters can use.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin_punch View Post
    Yeah... I don't think I'll be a Braver any time soon, so might want to hunt down one of those Katana's fighters can use.
    That'd be pointless, you have to be braver subclass or main class in order to use the Photon Arts of the Katana. so you cannot shunka without being braver of some sort.
    pso2.cirnopedia.com and pso2.swiki.jp for lists of weapons, units, etc.

Grinding and affixing are rather expensive endevours. Start doing time attacks client orders from Klotho, even on hard it's decent reliable meseta. Also pick up dailies from Faina and get your support partner to gather the materials for you. Some of them are 1000 per mat (99k for 99) and also equivalent crazy XP as well. Your support partner can fail at bosses, but they manage to handle SH mobs somehow and will come back with materials for Blumegalla 65 level which you would have a hard time farming. The XP and meseta add up this way.