Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    This game is very heavily influenced by anime. If you look at the anime of today, you can clearly see which direction anime industries have taken. Every new season there are more and more animes with weak-to-no-plot released. These animes treat females purely as sex objects. Why? Because sex sells.
    Wait, what?

No, they treat their females as... characters. You know... characters like any other character. They can be highly stereotyped (see: pretty much any tsundere) but they're not purely "sex objects" unless the show is pure schlock. If anything they should be praised for actually treating their female characters as characters rather than having them serve purely as eye-candy the way Western video games and comic books tend to do.

It's also worth noting that, unlike our video game or comic book industry, anime tends to be aimed at specific audiences instead of attempting to appeal to as wide and general an audience as possible, so of course you're going to have your fanservice ero-kawaii shows alongside, say, a celebration of MMORPGs (Log Horizon), a competently-written series about farming (Silver Spoon), a ridiculously over-the-top action show where EVERYONE IS NAKED (Kill la Kill), and so on.

I find it disingenuous to criticize the industry as a whole in this regard when there's just a few shows designed to titillate and sell based entirely on the visual appeal of their female cast. Those shows are made specifically for that audience, and they don't pretend to be anything else. This is in stark contrast to our local output where, in our video games for example, gratuitous female nudity is the law of the land (good god, Mortal Kombat has got to be the worst example of this in the history of mankind!). There is a huge, outsized difference between having nudity because your series is designed to have nudity in it, and simply sticking it in there because you can (or because "sex sells", as you say).

Speaking of, yes, PSO2 is one of those games (let's face it, a lot of the female outfits have excessively fetishy overtones), but it has basically nothing to do with its anime influences. It's just what they're shooting for, the audience they're trying to court to make money. I honestly have a hard time thinking of any anime where the females are sexed up as much as PSO2's. There are a lot of shows that will do occasional panty and cleavage shots, but PSO2 is a non-stop barrage of partial and almost-full nudity, as the screenshots uploaded to PSO2uploader all the time reveal.

And there's nothing wrong with that. The problem comes when they focus too much on a particular audience as the expense of everyone else, which is a problem for a game designed specifically to make your own characters. But I digress - point is, the anime industry has NOT taken an excessively fanservicey turn, despite however often ignorant pundits like to repeat it in spite of reality. It's about the same as it's always been, with the exception of more censorship being used to drive blu-ray sales.

Oh, and
    Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    Not to mention the ridiculous breast customization
    The only thing ridiculous about the breast customization is the fact that not more games have character creation as robust. Not all women have the same breast size or shape, damn it, so accommodating as many possible shapes as possible is the best thing you can do.

It always amuses me whenever someone blasts a game for having controls for breast size and shape. So, what, does every woman you've ever known have the exact same proportions, or are you just ignorant to how important that aspect is to a female character's look, or do you believe anything even remotely sexual is WRONG (obviously not directed at you, but in general), or what? Doesn't make sense to me. Oh, and then they compare it to DONG SLIDERS, as though they're even remotely comparable (do I get a vulva slider to go along with it?!). Fucking idiots, man.
    Last edited by Zyrusticae; Mar 9, 2014 at 03:31 AM.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deahamlet View Post
    Face is well done but that hair and accessory... so bad!
    You think a pompadour is bad?

Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

I don't think females know funky style. . . better yet, I want to see you in Afro.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    You think a pompadour is bad?
    I think it's Dandy

Spoiler!

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Vordex View Post
    Sup.
    Spoiler!
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by redroses View Post
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlBIjSFbHEM

The only reason for choosing a female when you are a guy and we all know its true.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Believe it's time we mated.
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Naw naw naw, Cherise is mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Sharing is caring though....
    Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Friend partners, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer MKV View Post
    *Finally stops resisting urge to check thread*

*Thumbs through several pages*

*About-What-I-Expected.png*

*Leaves*

o7
    I feel I have to partially retract my statement. Went a bit back and discovered this turned into something rather beautiful.

Just not as beautiful as Muramasa.

Wut? This isn't a poorly disguised insomnia induced attempt at flirting. I have no idea why I would you would suggest that. :l

...I-Idiots.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    also I will not share Cherry-pie
    Nupe sharing....

Yes.
    I feel I have to partially retract my statement. Went a bit back and discovered this turned into something rather beautiful.

Just not as beautiful as Muramasa.

Wut? This isn't a poorly disguised insomnia induced attempt at flirting. I have no idea why I would you would suggest that. :l

...I-Idiots.
    Cause funzies and lawl this thread man like wow...
    Last edited by Zenobia; Mar 9, 2014 at 05:40 AM.

Sig by Gama

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

No.
    It was a funny way to get his point across, though.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    It was a funny way to get his point across, though.
    Definitely not disagreeing with that. It's just not the only reason. :V
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

*Finally stops resisting urge to check thread*

*Thumbs through several pages*

*About-What-I-Expected.png*

*Leaves*

o7
    This exactly.

Except the leaving part.