Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Eastern audience generally prefers to play female characters, which is also why females get more costumes.

Why does how other people choose to play their game affect you that much?
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

down with the

I actually tried making a male first both when the character maker and the game were released, but doing a male(non-cast) that didn't look horrible was harder than dressing a female in clothing that didn't look skimpy as hell.
    You see, in doing a male I have basically two options: make a toon that is cool like David Bowie, which is hard and will cost a ton of meseta whenever you decide to go from Ziggy Stardust to the Thin White Duke. Or a toon that is cool like Ludwig Boltzmann, but you wouldn't want to play Ludwig Boltzmann in an action RPG anyway. The only other way is fall into complete nihilism and make Sephiroth or some Naruto guy, which is depressing.
    And my female toon was the tallest possible, so I too had the strange feeling of being the mother of an offspring of powerpuff lolis or something like that, so I empathize somewhat with your distaste.

I have no problem playing female characters, because they look cool, yeah I'm a man and that's just natural, but not online, when other people are involved, I'd rather play male characters that looks like me (depending on how advanced the character maker is), like right now on PSO2
    And it doesn't bother me too much that the others are mostly dudes playing some cute female characters, because I try to forget about reality and live in game like it's another world or something.
    Busy doing nothing...

actually, I find it weird for VERY MANLY DESIGNED male characters existing here.

either you play female or make your male character cool enough.

Manly =/= Cool

Because of the 3rd person view

Japans declining birth rate being expressed by otaku, and the weeaboos who emulate these characteristics.

Not trying to be a dick, it just seems like this correlates directly with the "herbavore" movement, so men are less likely to play as what they wish to be and lean more towards what they wish they had.

Even pso1, the character gender ratio was a bit more balanced and that was only around a decade ago.

Doesn't bug me really, but it's pretty easily observable.

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Male customization is just terrible in this game. I mean have you looked at the faces that are supposed to make you look manly/older? I'm not the worlds prettiest but if I were to look like that..... Also there are NO BEARDS. So the most prefered option after that, if you go organic male is either be a shouta newman, bishi or an unicorn. All mechanical freaks like me go Cast.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Different ideas on what a player avatar should be. Some want something that represents an idealized version of themselves, some want an idealized aesthetic in some way.

My own method is usually doing several character concepts, just taking a simple idea and rolling with it, and going with the one I like the most and/or have a "good" name for. "Good" in quotes because I have really cheesy taste in character names. Will freely admit that overall it usually ends up being a female character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
    The majority of players are Japanese males, and Japanese males are generally attracted to females, so that's the kind of character they like to choose.
    That subtext.

Really, the vitriol that either "camp" throws at each other is obnoxious, and it's always the same. You rarely get anything more evolved than the basement-nerd stereotype, and/or some homophobic or trans-phobic tripe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltzmann View Post
    And my female toon was the tallest possible, so I too had the strange feeling of being the mother of an offspring of powerpuff lolis or something like that, so I empathize somewhat with your distaste.
    That's like the fun of max character height, though!