Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default A Guide to Setting Up Friend Partners (mostly up to date with Episode 4)

Some people have been asking how to set up a good Friend Partner.
    This guide will try to cover and explain the most important points.

March XXth 2016 Update:
    Reportedly, Skill Rings do not affect Friend Partners.
    13 star Summoner pet at level 120 is reportedly decent.
    There's an unconfirmed report that weapons with latents that apply a debuff may carry over to Friend Partners (eg. Flowen's Will).

February 6th 2016 Update:
    Summoner is useless as a Friend Partner. Pet defense and damage seems akin to level 1, and they don't seem to use any Pet PAs.
    Friend Partner will also not switch pets when the initial pet gets knocked out.
    You also can't sub Summoner pets because Tact is main only and cannot be extended.
    HP Restorate does not affect Friend Partners.

Also note that moving your weapon position is not reflected in Friend Partners.

July 22nd 2015 Update:
    Friend Partner damage has been boosted by 3-4x and their defense is now greater than player characters.
    Seems there's no longer a need for a Hunter defense subclass.

See my post here for some details on the changes.

Much of this information is directly translated from the JP swiki.
    I've also added information from my own experimentation and experience.
    Please be aware that changes to the game may render parts of this guide outdated.

What is a Friend Partner?
    Friend Partners (abbreviated "FP") are bot versions of a player's character, with simple AI.
    You can register your character's Friend Partner at the Visiphone.

Friend Partners are NOT Support Partners. Support Partners are the tiny AI characters.
    Friend Partners differ from Support Partners in various ways.
    If you want to read about Support Partners, refer to my guide here.

General Information
    Spoiler!

Configuration
    Spoiler!

Active Skills *outdated*
    Spoiler!

Passive Skills *outdated*
    Spoiler!

Recommended Setup:
    Summary:
    Spoiler!

Skill Tree:

Class:
    Spoiler!

Configuration:
    Spoiler!

Skills:
    Spoiler!

Equipment:
    Spoiler!

Sub-Palette:
    Spoiler!

Weapon Palette
    Spoiler!

Recommended Tech Attacks:
    Spoiler!

Other Noteworthy Abilities:
    Spoiler!

Mag:
    Spoiler!

Tips on using Friend Partners:
    Spoiler!

Thanks for reading. It's a bit of a mess to read, but I hope this helps.
    If I've forgotten anything, I'll add it later.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Apr 1, 2016 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    - FP level scales to the level of the person that summons them.
    You should change that to FP level scales down if the player is lower level than the registered FP's level but it doesn't scale up to someone who is higher level than that FP (feel free to paraphrase cuz I suck at making my point without making sentences way too long )

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart521 View Post
    You should change that to FP level scales down if the player is lower level than the registered FP's level but it doesn't scale up to someone who is higher level than that FP (feel free to paraphrase cuz I suck at making my point without making sentences way too long )
    Good point. Sorry about that. Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    You might want to have this moved or reposted to here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45
    Oops. Yeah, sorry about that. How do I request a thread be moved?

Do the Special Compensation's Loves [Race/Gender] apply only to other party members or can your friend card love himself and be active with shifta/deband

Quote Originally Posted by CricketJam View Post
    Do the Special Compensation's Loves [Race/Gender] apply only to other party members or can your friend card love himself and be active with shifta/deband
    I doubt they can love themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurus83 View Post
    I don't understand this , my main character can summon and give quest to it and change setting or talk with but my second character (on same account) just can only seeing standing, while talk only saying something like cant used me I think and cant even summon it at campship because it not in the list.
    You're talking about Support Partners.

class to fo

il foie on all your palette
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    class to fo

il foie on all your palette
    ^ This is the best partner in game currently, llfoie is BROKEN on partners and incredibly OP.

Your entire guide is pointless as what was said in this quote is all anyone needs to know to make a superior support partner.

The only thing support partners are good for is FUN points, Weak Bullet, Heals/Buffs, and llFoie spamming.

Thanks for finally moving the guide to the guides section.
    Sorry for not posting it here to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzone View Post
    Your entire guide is pointless as what was said in this quote is all anyone needs to know to make a superior support partner.
    Your face is pointless.

Most of my guide is translated from the JP swiki, and some information gathered from other Japanese websites I've read previously.
    The fact that those exist suggests that my guide is not pointless.
    Google "pso2" "2ch" "フレンドパートナー". Over 80,000 hits of "pointless" information, dating back over the past 2 years.
    Why don't you go to those sites and tell them that all their information is pointless?
    Oh, because FOREIGN IPS ARE BLOCKED. I WONDER WHY.

I suppose you're one of those parents who never explains anything to their kids, but expects them to obey your every order.
    You don't just tell people "do this because I said so" and never explain why.
    There are people who want to have a comprehensive understanding of the details and inner-workings.
    Why? Perhaps to form their own conclusions?
    Oh, my apologies. I'd forgotten that CRITICAL THINKING is considered unacceptable in modern society.

Many aspects of how Friend Partners work are unclear, such as how the various settings work, how the AI behaves, and whether bots benefit from equipment, latents, affixes, etc.
    There's also how FPs handle autowords, Photon Blasts, Mag stats, lobby actions, etc. The list goes on, and on.
    All of that information has been readily available to JP players for a long time now. For international players, it's only been posted in bits and pieces.
    I collected and translated all of that information into a single post, so that everyone can easily access it.
    I didn't have to do it, but I did.

Prior to my writing the guide, people ON THiS FORUM were going out of their way to get fire latents.
    Despite nobody thanking me, I likely saved them that trouble.
    Why do I care? Because I'm not an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Redzone View Post
    The only thing support partners are good for is FUN points, Weak Bullet, Heals/Buffs, and llFoie spamming.
    Except they can't do most of those things when they're DEAD.
    The guide explains how to keep them alive.
    You'd know that if you bothered to read it.

Throughout my life, I've often wished that people cared enough to explain things to me in detail.
    Instead, I have to figure stuff out on my own most of the time.
    It's likely thanks to people like you, going out of your way to tell everyone that their helpful efforts are pointless (to you).
    Ever heard the phrase, "teaching is a thankless job"?

I'll never understand the (mostly Western?) mindset of going around putting people down for no reason.
    I guess it's because those people literally have nothing better to do.
    Such behavior is the extent of meaningfulness they can wring out of their lives.
    "Time to go out of my way to find something I don't care about, and make nasty comments about it!"
    The very essence of YouTube, one of the most well-known cesspools of the internet.
    Thanks for trying to slather us with some of that cesspool.

I often see JP people freely sharing all sorts of detailed, helpful information such as tutorials, tricks, tools and other great things.
    I don't recall ever seeing anyone go out of their way to tell them "this is not useful, to me".
    Why? BECAUSE IT'S COMPLETELY POINTLESS TO TELL PEOPLE THAT SOMETHING YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT IS USELESS TO YOU.
    Ever wonder how JP hobbyists manage to churn out so many amazing things in their spare time?
    Because they're probably not wasting their time looking for people to attack.
    Or wasting their time typing useful guides for random weirdos to complain about.

If the guide isn't useful to you, too bad for you.
    There are people out there who will make use of the information, and hopefully appreciate it.
    I'm glad the guide seemed to be of use to even someone like UnLucky.

Tl;dr - The world doesn't revolve around you, Redzone. Classic "casting pearls before swine" scenario.

Also, I'm not going to bother reading or replying to anything else you say here.
    I have tons of people waiting on me to finish making stuff, and I'm wasting my time explaining basic social etiquette to someone who clearly doesn't care about it.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Apr 2, 2014 at 04:21 AM.

You might want to have this moved or reposted to here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

[quote=TaigaUC;3106462]CURRENTLY WIP (I clicked submit by accident)

Accounts with Multiple Characters:.
    - Other characters on the same account can summon the registered FP, but the character that is the FP cannot summon themselves.

I don't understand this , my main character can summon and give quest to it and change setting or talk with but my second character (on same account) just can only seeing standing, while talk only saying something like cant used me I think and cant even summon it at campship because it not in the list.