Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Rappy Hunter

Default My girlfriend wants to play as a Techer!

I have no clue how to play a techer or what to suggest to her. She wants her character to be like a Magical girl kind of like modaka or sailor moon. What type of techer build should she make? I am confused as to how techer works. I am a gunner or ranger normally and have not even played a force on PSO2 so I am totally lost. Any assitance.

PS I already looked at the build post but have no clue which one is good and noticed some of the force builds were techer builds... confused.

マジカルウォンド
    Magical Wand

If you want to get into multiclass Te, this is pretty cool

ナールクレセント
    Narl Crescent

Both of these are close to the bottom of the list in terms of power for their weapon types of that rarity, unfortunately. And narl crescent is very expensive.
    Last edited by Chdata; Mar 12, 2014 at 01:22 AM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Each tech element got a color. What kind of magical girl you gf want to be? She can focus in fire techs if she wants to be red/pink/orange magical girl, etc.

You can get multiple elements, or even all of 'em. It's up to you really.

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dnJksXI2l20000

Assuming she wants a proper caster, this should do the trick, with Sazan and Rafoie being the go-to techs. If she's not daunted by a bit of a learning curve, this also makes Ilfoie a rather nice AoE nuke for large spawns or slow-moving bigger mobs.
    Last edited by MountainLynx; Mar 12, 2014 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Fixed URL

EDIT: As a fellow magical girl I'd like to point out that she doesn't have to be a casting class. Magical girls are also known to use swords, bows, and other weapons. Aesthetically, there's a bunch of heart and star themed weapons as well, but they aren't very good stat wise.

For pure casting most people suggest focusing on one or two elements with the tech charge advences and charge pp revival on the force tree. If she want's to mainly be a techer specifically, there's also the melee option subbing hunter, fighter, or braver.

Moar edit: Forgot to mention that force is better for pure casting because rods have a faster animation and higher t-atk than wands, but both can use talises, and talis tech boost is pretty good, though some techs don't play well with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainLynx View Post

Assuming she wants a proper caster, this should do the trick, with Sazan and Rafoie being the go-to techs. If she's not daunted by a bit of a learning curve, this also makes Ilfoie a rather nice AoE nuke for large spawns or slow-moving bigger mobs.
    You have to click the shar URL link on the right. x: Or you linked the wrong tree, that's br/fi.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Mar 12, 2014 at 01:45 AM.

Indeed... Just a moment while I fix that...

Rappy Hunter

This is looking pretty cool.

I think something like this might be more reliable. http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...dnJksXI2l20000

Getting those PP boosts is tempting and I tried a build like that before, but decreasing pp costs and regeneration is actually probably better since you can get more pp from gear.

Shifta and deband advanced are both percents of percents so they don't really do much.

Territory burst combined with territory pp save and bolt tech pp save leads to 9 pp zondeels, giving her more pp use for other techs after vacuuming in enemies.

She could also go into dark instead of wind on the techer tree, though I don't think it's possible to max pp convert like that without sacrificing something else.

EDIT: Also, I dunno if this is too forward, but I'd love to play with you guys 'cause there aren't enough magical girls in the english community, and I want to start a magical girls club.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Mar 12, 2014 at 02:01 AM.

Good to know. Still building my Force/Techer right now, so I'm certainly not the definitive voice in the matter. I just saw an opportunity, with the right units and affixes, to chance nearly 200 max PP. Looked tasty, but then so do fast food ads.

Good to know. Still building my Force/Techer right now, so I'm certainly not the definitive voice in the matter. I just saw an opportunity, with the right units and affixes, to chance nearly 200 max PP. Looked tasty, but then so do fast food ads.
    Oh, trust me, it does look tasty, and if this were the kind of game where I could freely change my build I would totally do something like that.

For clarity's sake though, the reason getting more pp recover and lower pp costs is worth more than outright more pp is because it basically makes the pp you have worth more while also making it recover faster. If you could do both though... oh my god *drools*