Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Post What's Wrong with Double Sabre PAs???...

I was in another PSO2 forums the other day and one of the fellows there told me that if I want to wield a double sabre, I should just use the Deadly Archer PA and ditch the rest because they suck, DMG wise. In addition I did saw some youtube videos where double sabre users ARE using just Deadly Archer and normal attacks. Is what he said for real? And what other issues are there with double sabre PAs, if any? And is there anything I can do about it? I mean, come on I saw all of the double sabre PAs and they're all too cool and graceful and it'd be such a waste not to use them.

DA is quick, precise, and hits hard. Fighter is all about staying in motion unless the boss is dead.

The other PAs aren't bad (okay a lot of them are), they just aren't the very meta best, like no other PA ever was.

The only PAs for them I'd say are outright meh are Illusion Rave, and Deadly Circle. Which have a long noncancelable animation, and a wonky hitbox respectively. The rest are all good if you use them right. They just aren't as spamable as Deadly Archer, and as everyone knows, slapping the same PA 3 times on your weapon is the best way to do everything ever. ಠ_ಠ

Everything else is simply worse than Deadly Archer except Acro Effect, but that's just cause it has something DA doesn't: guard frames
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Leader of Galactic Circus
    Smith-60Hu/60Fi/53Br/30Gu
    Astrid-50Fo/30Te
    Devil-chan-52Hu/52Fi/52Fo/52Te/52Ra/52Gu/17Br

OH MAN 500 PER HIT OR 1k ON WEAK POINTS IS OP ILLUSION RAVE NERF PLZ DEADLY ARCHER IS SHIT
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Cute gimmick, but it should be painfully obvious how abysmal that PA is even at 16. It just takes way too long to deal out the full power of the PA. It's not like Flame Bullet where you can stack a huge number of modifiers like Standing Snipe and Weak Hit Advance to deal 5-6k damage a hit on weak points. That also goes without mentioning mobility and high amount of control over your attack, allowing you to sweep lots of enemies. Illusion Rave just straight up does trash damage to a single target.

Whether you're trolling or not doesn't matter to me, your stream effectively convinced me it's that bad.

The first time I ever used Illusion Rave, I thought, "Wow, that PA is pretty.". The second time I used it, I thought, "Wow, that's a long animation. If that's not cancellable, it's going to get me killed a lot."

It is sort of cancellable... but by the time you can cancel it, you have been a sitting duck for far too long already. You can get away with it in Normal, but in SH it will get you pummeled.

Beyond that, Illusion Rave's damage is spread out over such a long period of time that its dps is in fact awful.

DA is by far the best PA DS has to offer. As for other DS PA's, I have found uses for Acro Effect and Tornado Dance. Beyond that, the others are all style and no substance.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

yeah uh...when my Br was lvl 30 I was hitting for 7k per hit with shunka. and 1k per hit with hatou. that's without weakpoints. now, my Br is 56/45 and doing about 20k with shunka and 5k with Hatou. Again that's per hit. I'll tell you something else, before all the crazy buffs that Hu got to DPS builds..talking about a year ago at least I was a lvl 40/40 Hu/Fi and doing 3k per hit with DA using a 30% fossil victor....why would I nerf myself by using much weaker PA for less DPS?

Wait to prove the point, guy.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    why would I nerf myself by using much weaker PA for less DPS?
    Is that a trick question? I'm pretty sure you would not nerf yourself but some people might for the following reasons:

1. Instinctively dislike for mainstream/desire to be unique.
    2. The need to stand out coupled with the inability to do so as a braver (can't hatou/kc/shunka properly).
    3. Desire to use x (double saber) > Desire to be efficient
    4. This game allegedly being so easy that you can stomp any boss using only your nose and one thumb (provided your pt waits 30 minutes) negates the need for efficiency.
    5. The belief that the inferior option is "more than enough".

Basically it boils down to people playing My Phantasy Online instead of PSO2. From the hivemind perspective, self nerf seems really silly but it's their personal phantasy and they will do anything they wish.