Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The EQs are having too many players

This last TD, I was DC'd, and right when I was fighting Vibrace no less. My router also went bonkers, restarting itself. Weird, but it happens when playing PSO2 sometimes, I wonder what that is about.

Pissed off, I tried connecting again. I noticed the servers had "Busy" status. Tried getting into my room, and DC again. I quit the game and went to Marvel Heroes. Rock solid connection.

Now, I try to get back to PSO2 and it's "Normal" again, meaning the players only came for TD and left the game.

While I can understand the desire to play TD only, this is causing far too many problems, not only for me, but for others that suffer from the same DC issues I do.

Two things I think would solve the problem:

More servers, no shit Sherlock! Yeah I know, unlikely, but this could help, not fix it.

Time-outs. I believe this is the solution, having time-outs triggered by inputs, meaning that if you do not press anything in, say, 15 minutes, you are automatically disconnected.

Tired of logging on for TD only to find out you are 3 hours late for a good block? This would get you a nice spot. It would also mean better players would have to mix with bad players, making the runs more balanced, instead of "OMG hurry to get our 5th run!" and "Goddamnit folks we're on the verge of losing a second tower!" we have right now.

It's a simple solution, I wonder how the Japanese haven't complained about this yet, because even with Premium, you need to secure a spot very early on and even then you can get DC'd and screwed anyways.

(also slightly annoyed because I can't connect to B10 in months.)

don't blame the players for the shitty servers
    like seriously
    how do you get to that point even
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Um, just because a person camps out in b10 for 4 hours before an EQ doesnt mean he/she is a good player.

I logged in 10 mins before this last mining base, and got into b16 when 10-24 where almost full. Lag screwed us out of a 3rd run, again.

As for people coming online only for TD (Especially this timeslot TD) is right in the middle of Japan peak time, in addition its pretty much still the most rewarding thing for time spent on pso2 right now, it really isn't surprising masses of people log on just it, even more so considering boost week.

Sega need to sort out their servers however, its downright depressing when lag constantly screws over tower defence. We lost a tower from full HP on a wave 6 (60% s-atk) this afternoon, because of the huge lag spikes. The tower blew up, THEN a burst barrier went up, THEN everything instantly died within 2 seconds. The last 3 EQ's we've lost 2-3 minutes due to lagging out, thus losing the 3rd run every time....
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Adventurer Extraordinaire keywen's Avatar

Lag gets kind of annoying during JP peak times, but you have to consider the circumstances.

1. JP Prime Time: Need I say more? Busy Servers are inherently laggy
    2. Foreign Connection: You're never going to have a reliable connection to the servers as long as you live outside of japan.
    3. Boost Week: With these insane boosts, everyone is chomping at the bit to get their sweet sweet 11* weapons.

If you'r expecting NOT to lag/disconnect with these three situations ALL in effect, you're gunna have a bad time.

EDIT: It's all super annoying but it's something almost all of us are going to have to deal with. Unfortunately...
    Last edited by keywen; Mar 17, 2014 at 10:55 AM.
    Level Cap Checklist:

[ ] 70 Fighter [ ] 70 Hunter [ ] 70 Ranger [ ] 70 Gunner [ ] 60 Braver [ ] 46 Force [ ] 38 Techer [ ] 49 Bouncer

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

Having a good connection helps too. I personally haven't DC once.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnd View Post
    Um, just because a person camps out in b10 for 4 hours before an EQ doesnt mean he/she is a good player.

I logged in 10 mins before this last mining base, and got into b16 when 10-24 where almost full. Lag screwed us out of a 3rd run, again.

As for people coming online only for TD (Especially this timeslot TD) is right in the middle of Japan peak time, in addition its pretty much still the most rewarding thing for time spent on pso2 right now, it really isn't surprising masses of people log on just it, even more so considering boost week.

Sega need to sort out their servers however, its downright depressing when lag constantly screws over tower defence. We lost a tower from full HP on a wave 6 (60% s-atk) this afternoon, because of the huge lag spikes. The tower blew up, THEN a burst barrier went up, THEN everything instantly died within 2 seconds. The last 3 EQ's we've lost 2-3 minutes due to lagging out, thus losing the 3rd run every time....
    Oh yeah, probably should've pointed that out. In my experiences with blocks B10/11/12(sometimes) I always had top-notch TD runs. And since everyone is camping out B10, it surely means something, I'm sure you've noticed and I didn't mention in the OP because I thought it was a general consensus.

Good players don't want to play with bad players, that's easy enough to understand. But If they don't get mixed out, the bad players can't evolve, and perpetuating the "rich get richer, poor stays poor" situation that should be avoided.

Having a good connection helps too. I personally haven't DC once.
    As I mentioned, with other games I have no issues. My connection is rock-solid, but surely because it's so far away, it affects my ping, no doubt. But the influx of players is the cause, otherwise I play just fine.
    Last edited by Edson Drake; Mar 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    Good players don't want to play with bad players, that's easy enough to understand. But If they don't get mixed out, the bad players can't evolve, and perpetuating the "rich get richer, poor stays poor" situation that should be avoided.
    Only peasants can't get into b10-12

ohoho poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnd View Post
    The last 3 EQ's we've lost 2-3 minutes due to lagging out, thus losing the 3rd run every time....
    That really sucks! Is there anything you could have done to shave 2-3 mins from those runs?

I can vouch for my jp team members that lag was terrible for them as well.
    One said she didn't even want to go due to the high chance of being dc'd, and unfortunately, her and one other member got dc'd. Everyone else, including me, was having lag issues.
    Still managed 3 runs in b11 but i couldn't multistep consistently at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edson Drake View Post
    Oh yeah, probably should've pointed that out. In my experiences with blocks B10/11/12(sometimes) I always had top-notch TD runs. And since everyone is camping out B10, it surely means something, I'm sure you've noticed and I didn't mention in the OP because I thought it was a general consensus.

Not really, I've had good runs (3x s-rank, assuming lag doesn't screw it over) in every block, from 10-19 and 21-24 with randoms. A 'good' player as you so put it mixing in with 'bad' players is more likely to boost the MPA and the 'bad' players wont learn a thing. I'm pretty sure if everyone 'bad' learnt from 'good' people then everyone would be running s-rank TD's 3 runs by now surely?

How do you define bad/good anyway? Sheer dps? Skill?
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.