Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSO2 711 card

am i seeing a possibility of cheaper/uncomplicated AC purchases? aw yiss.

the price differences between sellers, especially in the larger amounts, are negligible so just go with what works for you.

I looked into it, all i can recommend is try to keep japan out of it if you can.

Ebay: takes 10% of the final selling price of the item. You can bring that number down, but you have to set up a store.

Paypal: A japanese paypal account can only receive money if it's set up as a business account. Getting set up as a business is a process that can take 2-4 weeks.

Bank transfers: The hardest part is getting you money back to Japan to reinvest in buying the next batch. If you put it into a non-japan paypal account or someone outside japan to get the money and send it back.

Annoying Laws: It depends on where the transaction takes place. In Japan you can buy and sell used goods online with out any problems. If you're doing it on an interpersonal level you won't run into any problems. If you do it on any large scale continuously, you're going to need to get a 小物許可書 (permission to sell small items) which can cost up to $3000 to apply for, and pay taxes (adding insult to injury with ebay and the money transfer costs).

Sega's Tos:
    お客様は、購入されたACを、第三者に譲渡、貸与、質入、担保提供をすることができません。ま た、弊社は、 それらの行為の実施、申し出、勧誘を禁止します。
    There are actually a few loop holes in this.
    1) It's Sega's terms of Service, so it's not like it's illegal. Only if Sega tells you to stop which they're probably not going to.
    2) Most of the rules in Sega's ToS apply to in-game scenarios. It could be argued that the context of the term above only applies to in game in which Sega is trying to stop bots or fraud occurring from inside their game.
    3) The base factor for determining if Sega actually cares is if it affect their intended market or not, which it generally doesn't.

So the problem with selling AC is really mostly selling it to any capacity to make it worth it and somehow get the money back to Japan. If you can do something where you have the sales sent to a paypal account, and then you're able to use the balance or easy transfer the balance to a credit card which you can then use the balance to buy more at 7/11, then all you did in Japan was buy the card which is perfectly legal. You can ignore the bank transfers, taxes, and applying for the license to sell stuff. And SoJ doesn't even know there's an english patch, so they're not going to care.

If you're interested, I'd recommend starting small. Buy like 5 or so, see how it sells, figure out how to get the money back and then use that as a baseline to figure out if it's worth it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kion View Post
    I looked into it, all i can recommend is try to keep japan out of it if you can.

Paypal: A japanese paypal account can only receive money if it's set up as a business account. Getting set up as a business is a process that can take 2-4 weeks.

Bank transfers: The hardest part is getting you money back to Japan to reinvest in buying the next batch. If you put it into a non-japan paypal account or someone outside japan to get the money and send it back.
    The OP was addressing those interested in purchasing through his buddy, he wasn't asking about how to sell AC.

Also, this whole "issue" is completely circumvented for me because I not only have a non-Japanese Paypal account, but still retain usage of a bank that is from my other country of residence, and that bank allows international withdrawals (for a regular, normal, every day withdrawal fee that you'd pay for any local bank here in Japan), thus I can just inject the money directly in to my bank account and withdraw it normally.

Sega's Tos:
    お客様は、購入されたACを、第三者に譲渡、貸与、質入、担保提供をすることができません。ま た、弊社は、 それらの行為の実施、申し出、勧誘を禁止します。
    There are actually a few loop holes in this.
    1) It's Sega's terms of Service, so it's not like it's illegal. Only if Sega tells you to stop which they're probably not going to.
    2) Most of the rules in Sega's ToS apply to in-game scenarios. It could be argued that the context of the term above only applies to in game in which Sega is trying to stop bots or fraud occurring from inside their game.
    3) The base factor for determining if Sega actually cares is if it affect their intended market or not, which it generally doesn't.
    Well, SEGA still makes money off of that AC, it's not free AC being created out of thin air, so of course they probably don't care all too much.

So the problem with selling AC is really mostly selling it to any capacity to make it worth it and somehow get the money back to Japan. If you can do something where you have the sales sent to a paypal account, and then you're able to use the balance or easy transfer the balance to a credit card which you can then use the balance to buy more at 7/11, then all you did in Japan was buy the card which is perfectly legal. You can ignore the bank transfers, taxes, and applying for the license to sell stuff. And SoJ doesn't even know there's an english patch, so they're not going to care.

If you're interested, I'd recommend starting small. Buy like 5 or so, see how it sells, figure out how to get the money back and then use that as a baseline to figure out if it's worth it or not.
    I'm pretty sure they know that there's an English patch, lol.

In any case, I take it you know exactly how to run an operation like this properly because you set up a shop on your very website. Me, you, and AIDA should chat about that soon on Skype.

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

-Watching how it'll turn out-
    Hoping to be able to buy one
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

This one is a little weird. I admit, I've done no research. However,

1) I have a Business & a Personal JP Paypal account
    2) Some Euro folks can't send me money to my business account.
    3) Absolutely no problem w/ my personal account.

But yeah, it's Paypal, so what the hell, right?

Getting money back to Japan
    This is where the huge cost of buying from J-buyers comes from, and there's really no way around it. Shinsei is about the only bank in the country that gives a very competitive rate (as low as .25 yen per $1 USD if you have enough money in your account). Most people can't transfer internationally for less than $30, and it's probably more.

Paypal will run about 4% of the total transaction.

This isn't really news though, so I'm a little surprised to see so much information posted about it. Any auction proxy generally gives an exchange rate of TTS - 4 yen. Mine does, going on 7 years. Cost of doing business, unfortunately.

Out of curiosity, how do most people get AC right now and what does it cost? At my ripe old age, my tenure is finally going to come to a close later this year. Not sure if I'll be playing PSO2 or not, but I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyousei View Post
    the price differences between sellers, especially in the larger amounts, are negligible so just go with what works for you.
    Pretty much this. It's no different from Play-Asia or CN-USA, though SuTo Corp is still the cheapest option.

It'd be something else if Arks-Layer was the cheapest AND easiest, as well as all the mushy Good Feelings™ that may or may not be involved, but ah well.

Still skeptical over the whole tiered markup thing. Is it really any more work or effort to buy a 10k card than a 2k card when you already have the customer's money in your hand? Why should one be a 35% premium when the other is 'only' 20% extra besides greed?

Almost as if you looked at the most expensive alternative and knocked off a dollar from their pricing to at least say you're not the worst place to go for AC.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

I am sorry , but i do not have the money to buy bulk.
    As for the interest ,i thought that having a simpler way than to create a webmoney account then buy a webmoney card to finally buy AC was really good.If i missed something
    and there was another way to do it sorry but i did not understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharga View Post
    I am sorry , but i do not have the money to buy bulk.
    As for the interest ,i thought that having a simpler way than to create a webmoney account then buy a webmoney card to finally buy AC was really good.If i missed something
    and there was another way to do it sorry but i did not understand it.
    You don't need to make a webmoney account to do anything. In your PSO2 account page you just need the numbers from the card to fill in the line and you get AC.

It's getting the numbers on these cards that is the issue for most foreign players.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Still skeptical over the whole tiered markup thing. Is it really any more work or effort to buy a 10k card than a 2k card when you already have the customer's money in your hand?
    The fees are tiered. And also, actually doing the work is the shit part, so giving a break to the customer for spending more is always preferable.