Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    Updating the OP guys. should be done in about a half hour.

EDIT: Unlucky your all gears build for Hu/Fi is missing DS gear.
    Yeah I'm going through the builds again. I'll keep a post updated in here.

Quote Originally Posted by thu2468 View Post
    is PP Restraint 1 better or PP Convert? under techer
    They're both good, and stack with each other. PPR is a smaller bonus, but passive, while PPC is a large bonus but has a cooldown.

PPR is better to max, since you don't really need the full effect of PPC for most techs.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Skill Chart Color Priority:
    Green = Extremely important, very useful for most builds.
    Yellow = Diversifying choices, all good skills but all won't fit.
    Orange = Consider these for specialized builds.
    Red = For extreme circumstances, such as unique weapons or leftover points.
    Grey = You may as well have thrown those points away(avoid at all costs).

Common Skills:
    Spoiler!

Hunter:
    Spoiler!

Fighter:
    Spoiler!

Ranger:
    Spoiler!

Gunner:
    Spoiler!

Force:
    Spoiler!

Techer:
    Spoiler!

Braver:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by UnLucky; Jun 19, 2014 at 05:19 AM. Reason: working skill sim page
    PSO2 Trivia:

Just making sure this reworked build is okay before I go reallocating my points.

Ranger/Braver Build

I was looking through your force builds and I have a different opinion on some of them. Like for instance, what do you think about this for fire FoTe?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...d00009b000000j

Comparing the 2 trees, you lose super treatment from your tree to gain max shifta advance, max t-atk up 1, and 2 more points in territory PP save. Those boosts seem like they will be more useful more often than super treatment.

I also don't really like talis tech boost on fire tree, just because of how most fire techs work. Especially foie, nafoie, and ilfoie.

And also, on your BR sub trees, what do you think about getting 8 points into s-atk up? So you are able to equip elysion. Also, I noticed you get snatch step on a lot of your sub BR trees, is there any reasoning behind that?

In the dark FO/TE tree, what do you think about lowering TB down to 1 point from max and moving those points to max t-atk up and 1 point shifta advance?

Quote Originally Posted by Evex View Post
    Just making sure this reworked build is okay before I go reallocating my points.

Ranger/Braver Build
    Ah, I don't really recommend Ra/Br in the first place since you would need a multi-class Bow and Hunter would be a stronger subclass for Ranger all around.

But the way you've spent your points on the Ranger tree wasn't how I intended the charts to be followed... Going partway into the Stat Ups on the right is only to unlock the skills below them, of which you've taken none. You would get more total R-Atk by putting 6SP into one instead of 3SP in each, but you'd get a lot more damage by putting 5SP into either First Hit or Sharpshooter.

Perhaps I need to revise those charts again to account for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinaSue View Post
    I was looking through your force builds and I have a different opinion on some of them. Like for instance, what do you think about this for fire FoTe?

Comparing the 2 trees, you lose super treatment from your tree to gain max shifta advance, max t-atk up 1, and 2 more points in territory PP save. Those boosts seem like they will be more useful more often than super treatment.

I also don't really like talis tech boost on fire tree, just because of how most fire techs work. Especially foie, nafoie, and ilfoie.

And also, on your BR sub trees, what do you think about getting 8 points into s-atk up? So you are able to equip elysion. Also, I noticed you get snatch step on a lot of your sub BR trees, is there any reasoning behind that?

In the dark FO/TE tree, what do you think about lowering TB down to 1 point from max and moving those points to max t-atk up and 1 point shifta advance?
    I just like Super Treatment (and Crazy Heart) because of the extra PP regen which is really beneficial to a pure fire build.

You could totally get TB or Shifta or something else instead if you don't like how unreliable ST is. Just that Shifta and 50 T-Atk are fairly minor, the only reason to take them is due to a lack of anything better.

As for fire techs using a Talis, the obvious benefit here is with Zondeel. Gifoie, Nafoie, and Ilfoie work really well on Zondeeled mobs, and Rafoie doesn't matter what you cast it from. Aiming Foie, Nafoie, and Ilfoie is certainly a lot easier with a Rod, I agree. A pure fire build is the best example to opt out of Talis Tech Bonus and instead fill up Tech JA for stronger casting from a Rod.

As for Snatch Step, it's mostly just due to an excess of points more than anything. Though you will still use a gunslash for PP regen, so you may need to occasionally Step dodge, or even specifically switch weapons just to dash. Even still it's not a huge deal, so drop it if you need SP. I'm looking through possible Elysion builds for Fo/Te, Fo/Fi, and Fo/Br now.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Apr 27, 2014 at 02:04 AM.
    PSO2 Trivia:

Well the build is mostly for a support class roll. The talisman tech is more for being used with shifta, deband and resta. Rather then the more offensive moves the force and teacher class normally use. This is mostly due to the fact most hunters will be in the thick of a giant mob, or right in a boss face. The talisman can be thrown and then a skill activated from where the talis is. Due to talis tech bonus these skills gain a little extra umph to them, or they should in theory. The fire tree is mostly gone done for the PP charge skill and the tech charge advances. I would normally keep the elemental skill to the class other weapons so either a rod or staff. I forget if force, teacher have another class specific weapon.

To be honest I have no idea what you mean by elysion, but I'm assuming its some sort of bow, given that I think your referring to the ranger/braver build. Well snatch step allows one to do damage while performing a step. Considering that I'm most likely going to be using the bow in replace of the rifle, for single target damage or as a boss weapon. I figure it would be nice to do damage while I'm dodging. It actually works rather well if you also use the katana from time to time for those instances you need to whack something that gets too close.

Um...I'm actually not sure about that one. I'm pretty sure I never made a dark force/teacher build. I know I go down the dark tree in it but that is more for pp convert then anything else. The last thing you want is to run out of pp if your playing a more support role.

edit: oh you were talking about unluckies builds.

So your saying something more along these lines.

Ranger/Hunter

Ranger/Braver

Also why is Ranger/Hunter stronger then Ranger/Braver ?
    Last edited by Evex; Apr 27, 2014 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    I just like Super Treatment (and Crazy Heart) because of the extra PP regen which is really beneficial to a pure fire build.

You could totally get TB or Shifta or something else instead if you don't like how unreliable ST is. Just that Shifta and 50 T-Atk are fairly minor, the only reason to take them is due to a lack of anything better.

As for fire techs using a Talis, the obvious benefit here is with Zondeel. Gifoie, Nafoie, and Ilfoie work really well on Zondeeled mobs, and Rafoie doesn't matter what you cast it from. Aiming Foie, Nafoie, and Ilfoie is certainly a lot easier with a Rod, I agree. A pure fire build is the best example to opt out of Talis Tech Bonus and instead fill up Tech JA for stronger casting from a Rod.

As for Snatch Step, it's mostly just due to an excess of points more than anything. Though you will still use a gunslash for PP regen, so you may need to occasionally Step dodge, or even specifically switch weapons just to dash. Even still it's not a huge deal, so drop it if you need SP. I'm looking through possible Elysion builds for Fo/Te, Fo/Fi, and Fo/Br now.
    I guess it's just a personal preference thing then. I would just rather consistently be doing more damage, even if it is fairly minor. It all adds up!

I am not talking about the step branch as a whole, but only Snatch Step. I understand the importance of getting at least up to step attack. However, I have been told that Snatch Step can cause some FPS drops for some players. So, if there isn't a reason to get it other than nothing else to get, it might be possible to avoid it.

And I was not looking for an Elysion-specific build, but the ability to equip elysion. As you seemed to imply earlier, you have a lot of points in BR subclass. Using those points into getting enough s-atk to equip elysion can give you more options for bosses. Even if you aren't using elysion-focused skill trees.

pretty disappointed with counter edge so far.

Am I missing anything? All it does is add one extra slash that's weaker than the original counter.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    pretty disappointed with counter edge so far.

Am I missing anything? All it does is add one extra slash that's weaker than the original counter.
    pretty sure counter edge was supposed to be a penetrating attack hitting multiple enemies with a shockwave. haven't tried it yet but that's what i remember reading.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Evex View Post
    So your saying something more along these lines.

Ranger/Hunter

Ranger/Braver

Also why is Ranger/Hunter stronger then Ranger/Braver ?
    Yeah, though I would fill up Standing Snipe and Sharp Shooter instead of Weak Hit Blast or Trap Search, but you don't have to if you like those skills.

As for Braver vs Hunter as a subclass, Weak Stance gives you 1.43x damage on uncharged attacks and 1.57x for charged ones. Fury Stance+JA Bonus give you up to 1.93x for Ranged attacks and 2.2x Striking (Crazy Smash, Rodeo Drive) as long as you can time Just Attacks.

It's a huge difference.

I guess it's just a personal preference thing then. I would just rather consistently be doing more damage, even if it is fairly minor. It all adds up!

I am not talking about the step branch as a whole, but only Snatch Step. I understand the importance of getting at least up to step attack. However, I have been told that Snatch Step can cause some FPS drops for some players. So, if there isn't a reason to get it other than nothing else to get, it might be possible to avoid it.

And I was not looking for an Elysion-specific build, but the ability to equip elysion. As you seemed to imply earlier, you have a lot of points in BR subclass. Using those points into getting enough s-atk to equip elysion can give you more options for bosses. Even if you aren't using elysion-focused skill trees.
    Wasn't aware of any FPS drops from Snatch Step, but if you do ever Step through enemies then it's extra damage. For 1SP I just threw it in there.

Fair enough to enable the use of Elysion on a standard build. Not much else to do with those points.

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    pretty sure counter edge was supposed to be a penetrating attack hitting multiple enemies with a shockwave. haven't tried it yet but that's what i remember reading.
    It should be similar to the normal hit if you don't have Katana Gear active. But for just 1SP it gives you a bit more extra damage/range so whatever. Not like there's much else to get on a pure Katana build.
    Last edited by UnLucky; Apr 27, 2014 at 03:37 AM.
    PSO2 Trivia: