Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Evex View Post
    Well the build is mostly for a support class roll. The talisman tech is more for being used with shifta, deband and resta. Rather then the more offensive moves the force and teacher class normally use. This is mostly due to the fact most hunters will be in the thick of a giant mob, or right in a boss face. The talisman can be thrown and then a skill activated from where the talis is. Due to talis tech bonus these skills gain a little extra umph to them, or they should in theory. The fire tree is mostly gone done for the PP charge skill and the tech charge advances. I would normally keep the elemental skill to the class other weapons so either a rod or staff. I forget if force, teacher have another class specific weapon.

To be honest I have no idea what you mean by elysion, but I'm assuming its some sort of bow, given that I think your referring to the ranger/braver build. Well snatch step allows one to do damage while performing a step. Considering that I'm most likely going to be using the bow in replace of the rifle, for single target damage or as a boss weapon. I figure it would be nice to do damage while I'm dodging. It actually works rather well if you also use the katana from time to time for those instances you need to whack something that gets too close.

Um...I'm actually not sure about that one. I'm pretty sure I never made a dark force/teacher build. I know I go down the dark tree in it but that is more for pp convert then anything else. The last thing you want is to run out of pp if your playing a more support role.

Also why is Ranger/Hunter stronger then Ranger/Braver ?
    sorry, no...support techs in this game are next to worthless. they only affect your base stats which only account for ~30% of your total stats. when you consider that techs like shifta only augment those stats by a maximum of 20% you're talking about a 6% increase.

Talis' main point is to remotely cast AoE, but there are only a handful of AoE spells this is really good for. as a result, people often use it with the damage buff it gives to cast techs that don't care about aim like rafoie, namegid, sazan, etc.

Elysion is a 11* wand that doubles the effectiveness of uncharged techs when fully unlocked. this allows techs like sazan and several others to do nearly (sometimes more than) as much as their charged variants and without the charge time you're able to stack some fairly high DPS at the cost of PP efficiency.

Unlucky answered the part about Hu sub. Fury stance really trumps anything Br can offer.

Based on your post count I'm assuming you're fairly new to the game. I'd check out the class specific threads for more info.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Yeah, though I would fill up Standing Snipe and Sharp Shooter instead of Weak Hit Blast or Trap Search, but you don't have to if you like those skills.

As for Braver vs Hunter as a subclass, Weak Stance gives you 1.43x damage on uncharged attacks and 1.57x for charged ones. Fury Stance+JA Bonus give you up to 1.93x for Ranged attacks and 2.2x Striking (Crazy Smash, Rodeo Drive) as long as you can time Just Attacks.

It's a huge difference.
    Well the reason I wanted to go ranger/braver was for the fact I like how the bow works, though I can see how performing a just attack is easier then hitting some enemies weak points. The way you explain it makes it sound ranger/braver is more geared towards bosses, while a ranger/hunter build is more general purpose.

My reasoning for taking trap sense is more out of well...I guess we can say nostalgic reasons. I'm just so use to having cast being able to see traps in PSO that it just seems natural to have a cast with trap sense. Plus it just makes it easier to not suddenly stumble into traps, and wish you knew that it had been there. I'm also not sure how sharp shooter works, since it says it only works for the main class which I'm assuming is ranger, so I'm not sure if it would effect a braver bow ?

Hm I don't know why but for some reason if I do go ranger/hunter I think I would relocate two points from health into the partisan and wired lance gears. Then again would need to find a multi-class weapon of both types. Hmm I guess taking sharp shooter would make sense in the ranger/hunter build just from the fact hunter has no ranged weapons outside of the shared gun blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Evex View Post
    Well the reason I wanted to go ranger/braver was for the fact I like how the bow works, though I can see how performing a just attack is easier then hitting some enemies weak points. The way you explain it makes it sound ranger/braver is more geared towards bosses, while a ranger/hunter build is more general purpose.

My reasoning for taking trap sense is more out of well...I guess we can say nostalgic reasons. I'm just so use to having cast being able to see traps in PSO that it just seems natural to have a cast with trap sense. Plus it just makes it easier to not suddenly stumble into traps, and wish you knew that it had been there. I'm also not sure how sharp shooter works, since it says it only works for the main class which I'm assuming is ranger, so I'm not sure if it would effect a braver bow ?

Hm I don't know why but for some reason if I do go ranger/hunter I think I would relocate two points from health into the partisan and wired lance gears. Then again would need to find a multi-class weapon of both types. Hmm I guess taking sharp shooter would make sense in the ranger/hunter build just from the fact hunter has no ranged weapons outside of the shared gun blade.
    No because weak points or not, fury stance just works and it will always do more damage than weak stance. there's no getting around it. br can't do anything to beat a near 100% damage increase for timed attacks not including the actual timed attack damage bonus. Even without timed attacks it's about a 34% increase. How is less damage gear toward bosses?
    Last edited by SociableTyrannosaur; Apr 27, 2014 at 03:59 AM.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Sharp Shooter should work for bows and twin mechs as long as you main Ranger. If you played as Br/Ra instead, Sharp Shooter would do nothing at all.

Though with Banish Arrow you could make up some of the damage loss from not subbing Hunter. And Rapid Shoot would also be of some use, even though it only works while a bow is equipped.

But in that case, you could be Br/Ra or Br/Hu and main the bow.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

I think its all going to come down to player preference. Do I prefer the bow and its PA over the rifle and its PA. If I prefer the bow then its easier just to go braver/ranger and do something like the following

Braver/Ranger

I would need to find a multi class launcher. I just like that weapon to much.

If I prefer the rifle more over the bow then I can just do a Ranger/Hunter or ranger/braver build based on whether I can use just attacks well enough to make ranger/hunter work, or am I accurate enough in third person shooter mode to make weak bullet and weak stance work. In which case the builds would look like this

Ranger/Braver

Ranger/Hunter

Edit

I think I all ready know this answer, but I'm going to ask any way. Does weak stance trigger with a weapons attribute ? For example in the forest area enemies are weak to fire. In that regard would weak stance trigger if I use a fire attribute weapon ? This under the consideration of hitting an elemental weak point.

If I'm right and it doesn't then weak stance most likely works best when braver is sub classed with force, or teacher. I say this because weak stance mentions casting of elemental techniques an enemy is weak against. If this is the case the lets ask the following question under this scenario.

Lets say a force is fighting vol dragon, which if I remember correctly is weak to ice, if the force hits vol dragons horn, tail crystal how much damage is done ? This is taking into consideration that weak stance is being used, that vol dragon is also being hit by a casting technique of a weak element and its also being hit in a weak spot. In this case is the damage further increased due to it being a casted technique of an element vol dragon is weak to, and the fact its hitting a weak point, or do only one of those conditions trigger ?
    Last edited by Evex; Apr 27, 2014 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    I haven't reset my skill points yet, so with the extra SP I got from levelling to 70 I've ended up with a point in Extend Assist and Long-Time Assist, and I really, really love it. I want to reset my skills and go with something like your build, but I really don't want to give up the Assist skills.

Could you advise me on what would be best two points to take out so I could get them? I'm thinking Territory PP Save, and then maybe... Wand Reactor, PP Restorate, or Rare Mastery Techer. But which would hurt me the least to lose?

Probably PPR since it's only a little extra passive regen while not casting techs. In fact you could take 5SP out of there and not really notice. Te/Fi leans a bit more on the melee side anyway since Force hogs all the tech damage nowadays.

I wouldn't drop TB PP Save since that's cheaper Zondeel, S/D, Zanverse/Megiverse
    PSO2 Trivia:

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaSue View Post
    I was looking through your force builds and I have a different opinion on some of them. Like for instance, what do you think about this for fire FoTe?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...d00009b000000j

Comparing the 2 trees, you lose super treatment from your tree to gain max shifta advance, max t-atk up 1, and 2 more points in territory PP save. Those boosts seem like they will be more useful more often than super treatment.

I also don't really like talis tech boost on fire tree, just because of how most fire techs work. Especially foie, nafoie, and ilfoie.

And also, on your BR sub trees, what do you think about getting 8 points into s-atk up? So you are able to equip elysion. Also, I noticed you get snatch step on a lot of your sub BR trees, is there any reasoning behind that?

In the dark FO/TE tree, what do you think about lowering TB down to 1 point from max and moving those points to max t-atk up and 1 point shifta advance?
    This FO tree is pretty much exactly what I use, except I put 1 point in ice mastery since I don't have or plan on ever getting multiple trees. I was wondering though- if you have 25 points to spread across charged tech bonus 1, 2, and JA bonus is it better to spread them as evenly as possible to get as much of a boost as possible? Or do you max the charged tech bonuses and then put the rest in JA bonus so you can (potentially) maximize the number of things you can kill as fast as possible without having to JA your first cast?

Quote Originally Posted by 16085k View Post
    This FO tree is pretty much exactly what I use, except I put 1 point in ice mastery since I don't have or plan on ever getting multiple trees. I was wondering though- if you have 25 points to spread across charged tech bonus 1, 2, and JA bonus is it better to spread them as evenly as possible to get as much of a boost as possible? Or do you max the charg
    ed tech bonuses and then put the rest in JA bonus so you can (potentially) maximize the number of things you can kill as fast as possible without having to JA your first cast?
    I would max both charged tech bonuses before JA bonus. For the reason you stated.

127.14% vs 127.05%

I think I would consider that inconsequential. If they were all the same exact skill, there would be no reason not to split it as 9/8/8 instead of 10/10/5. But since there are good reasons to not JA at times, or it's not such a huge problem should you ever miss a JA on accident, Tech JA Advance isn't as important. That, and failing to charge your tech utterly destroys your damage so badly that 5% on top is not nearly enough to save your sinking ship.
    PSO2 Trivia: