Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    127.14% vs 127.05%

I think I would consider that inconsequential. If they were all the same exact skill, there would be no reason not to split it as 9/8/8 instead of 10/10/5. But since there are good reasons to not JA at times, or it's not such a huge problem should you ever miss a JA on accident, Tech JA Advance isn't as important. That, and failing to charge your tech utterly destroys your damage so badly that 5% on top is not nearly enough to save your sinking ship.
    Although now thinking about it, you could also make a case for Tech JA Advance. If you want your uncharged sazonde to hit harder.

is a fire/dark build ok?

Fire/Dark is really good, yes.

It covers a lot of areas and is often still a good choice even without matching weakness since fire techs cast so fast and dark techs (at least Namegid and Ilmegid) hit hard enough regardless.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Might this be viable for FoTe Elysion?

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...00000Ib000000j

S-atk from TE just to be able to equip it, don't necessarily need 10 points in that, and then Elemental Conversion on fo for ~240 T-atk.

I left the rest of the FO points empty but you can do whatever. You could get +10 PP or more T-atk etc. If you like PP, it may be worth getting close to 175 PP to spam il barta 7 times in a row easily.

Probably not as good as Il Megid is now though.
    Last edited by Chdata; Apr 28, 2014 at 07:14 AM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Just wanted to clarify on a few items on the Braver and Techer trees:
    • I'm not too clear on what Snatch Step does still. This isn't Braver's guard counter skill is it?
    • Going by the skill simulator, Weak Stance Charge does not affect charged PAs. Is this still true? Is it worth getting at all?
    • Which is better, Long Time Assist or Extend Assist?

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal_Shard View Post
    Just wanted to clarify on a few items on the Braver and Techer trees:
    • I'm not too clear on what Snatch Step does still. This isn't Braver's guard counter skill is it?
    • Going by the skill simulator, Weak Stance Charge does not affect charged PAs. Is this still true? Is it worth getting at all?
    • Which is better, Long Time Assist or Extend Assist?
    Snatch step causes you to damage and stagger things when you do a step with any weapon that can.

Weak stance charge works with PAs, why wouldn't it?

Long Time Assist and Extend Assist aren't mutually exclusive, there's no reason not to get both unless you're only subbing techer. You only really need one point in extend assist if that's what you're worried about though.
    Extend assist increases the maximum ammount buffs can last, long time assist increases how much they add per tic. So with both you can get the full 2 minutes from 4 pulses of shifta instead of 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Snatch step causes you to damage and stagger things when you do a step with any weapon that can.

Weak stance charge works with PAs, why wouldn't it?

Long Time Assist and Extend Assist aren't mutually exclusive, there's no reason not to get both unless you're only subbing techer. You only really need one point in extend assist if that's what you're worried about though.
    Extend assist increases the maximum ammount buffs can last, long time assist increases how much they add per tic. So with both you can get the full 2 minutes from 4 pulses of shifta instead of 8.
    Noted on Snatch Step.

So both Average and Weak Stance Charge are just a non conditional boost to their respective stances?

About Long Time Assist vs Extend Assist, I suppose my question would be - if you could only choose one, which is better in more situations?

Average/Weak Charge work for anything that's charged. Assault Buster, techs, bow normal attacks, and katana PAs too (these used to not count, but they have for a while now).

If you're maining Techer, Long Time Assist would be better since it gives you longer buffs for fewer casts. That means less time wasted buffing and less PP spent.

But Techer is even worse as a main class now that Force has Element Conversion, so Extend Assist wins by default since it still works as a subclass. It doesn't cut down on the total time spent buffing, as it still requires the same amount of total casts and PP to upkeep buffs over a similar period as without it. However, it does let you stack more buffs each time you get the chance, so jumpy party members can go lone wolf for longer without you constantly at their side, or you can make better use of down time at the start or end of a mission where you have to wait anyway which will save time during combat.

But please don't sit next to the teleporter in Area 3 as everyone else is waiting for you to fight the boss as you spend forever casting inconsequential buffs 8 times. That is the opposite of saving time. If I'm party lead and the fourth person is intentionally avoiding the portal, I'm going to zone into the boss room with only 3/4.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

I take it that the Charge skill should also apply to Satellite Cannon then. Sounds good then.

Extend Assist it'll be then, since it preserves the option of going FO/TE with Element Conversion. A pity that I can't use my Elysion with FO/TE yet without building a new mag with higher S-Atk first.

i use this GU tree

http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...00000Ib000000j

PS: gunner sucks
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom