Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

For the most part, wise & brave operate based on the center of the main part or body. This would be the largest part of the enemy, the one that moves the least (or moves every other part with it when it does move).

It does not matter what part you damage - it only matters where you are relative to this main part. An invisible line is drawn across it at that centerpoint, from side to side. Stand in front of that line = get brave. Stand behind that line = get wise. You can use sacred skewer or meteor fist on vol's tail and still get brave stance's bonus so long as you're in front of that line in his torso. You can be in front of his head, you can be under his neck, you can be on the left while he spits fire away from you to the right - just as long as you're not behind that point in his torso.

For elder falz the platform is the main part, and it faces south just like his mobile pats. Vader's body is the ship itself - the moving torso thing is just another random moving part like vol's wings or tail. Where you are relative to the ship part is all that matters.

I know exactly the line that draws the brave and wise stance for Vardher but I'm not sure how to describe it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Well i don't think anyone is debating how it works at this points, we're just offering info to Nitro
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

Since the force thread fell off the face of this part of pso-world, I thought I'd post these here. Seeing as how the new Force skill is well on its way, I made skill trees for a few separate masteries just for fun. What do you guys think?

Dark Tree: w/ dark mastery talis
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...b00000ib000008

Fire Tree: w/ 16% Fire Rod
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...ie00009b000008

Lightning Tree: w/ machine hunter talis

Ice Tree: /w whatever supplements damage or PP cost
    Though it'd be best to see what new weapons the new AQs add before finalizing your gear.

EDIT: I'm also aware that they plan on making adjustments to the techer tree, so supposedly we'll have more SP to play with.
    Last edited by Coatl; Apr 15, 2014 at 11:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Yeah, at this point I'm just waiting for the new skills to redo everything.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

You know the sad part?

The new fighter skill is that oomph of DPS it needed to make it a versatile sub for some classes again, like gunner, techer, force, etc. because it gives something else to spend that last bit of SP on - Brave Crit.

Except it's main-only.

So now if you want Critical Strike you need a fi-equippable multiclass weapon.

Sega stop.

Even if Fighter alone guaranteed 100% crit rate to ensure the +15% crit damage was always in effect... Hunter is still a stronger sub.

Like with Chase, sure, that matches or surpasses Fury for S-Dmg. But unless you're in Wise Stance, Fury is still better for R-Dmg, and that's including PP Slayer since yes that does give R-Atk as well.

I doubt anyone other than Force or Techer would sub Fighter for the crit skills.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Doesn't help that pretty much everything that fi does is entirely too conditional and a lot of it doesn't even work on bosses. I mean why does HU get this huge bonus for just attacking normally while Fighter had to change stances based on position and still gets lower bonuses than fury with one of its biggest damage boosts requiring status effect infliction which can't possible work on bosses and is of limited value on minibosses.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I'm in agreement with most people here that Brave/Wise stance shouldn't have a cooldown.

Also, might want to add on that Surprise Knuckle does juggle smaller enemies, or has a chance. Can we say that Pendulum Roll is a good one? I don't think it's /that/ bad, even if it is single target and kinda slow.

The cooldown is bad enough but the fact that you have to stop what you're doing and do a fist pump to switch is insane.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT