Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Facebook to Acquire Oculus VR for $2 Billion

Please tell me this is an early April Fools Joke. Lol not sure what to think of this.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/...ource=facebook

Signature by Gama

Nope, it's legit.

Doesn't really affect me, since I have no interest in the Oculus Rift. I'm just wondering what the hell Facebook is going to do with it.

We need that Virtual Farmville and Candy Crush yo.

Signature by Gama

Nooooooooooot stoked about this development at all...

Cold as winter, guns of summer. Point and watch them run.
    Which PSO-W Member Are You?

Now you can stalk people on facebook in vr using your facehelmet

to be honest I think people are possibly overreacting about Oculus VR being acquired by Facebook. Though I never was interested into the project in the first place, I don't think the buyout would alter the companies' assets, or at least they would decide NOT to alter Rift. If anything, if this is right then it was a good choice to put themselves on another level of a platform with what they can possibly do with a budget.

It really reminds me of the Yahoo - Tumblr buyout where everyone thought it was the end of the world but months later after the buyout everyone realized that nothing even changed especially after David Karp talked about how it changed nothing.
    shagia * ship 2 * tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kraiola View Post
    to be honest I think people are possibly overreacting about Oculus VR being acquired by Facebook. Though I never was interested into the project in the first place, I don't think the buyout would alter the companies' assets, or at least they would decide NOT to alter Rift. If anything, if this is right then it was a good choice to put themselves on another level of a platform with what they can possibly do with a budget.

It really reminds me of the Yahoo - Tumblr buyout where everyone thought it was the end of the world but months later after the buyout everyone realized that nothing even changed especially after David Karp talked about how it changed nothing.
    Get a load of this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraiola View Post
    It really reminds me of the Yahoo - Tumblr buyout where everyone thought it was the end of the world but months later after the buyout everyone realized that nothing even changed especially after David Karp talked about how it changed nothing.[/FONT]
    Except they did change the way adult blogs worked on the system and it wasn't until people noticed and started making a fuss that it was changed back.

I do wonder what in the world Facebook is going to do with Oculus though. I could see Google picking up a VR company for use in their Glass thing or perhaps as a user interface for their robotics stuff but what does could Facebook use VR goggles for?

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Facebook is just going to release updates for the Oculus that nobody fucking wants. Because that's what Facebook does best.