Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

It's harder simply because people aren't used to it, there are more towers to defend, and most importantly, you need 2000 crystals just to barrier a tower and 3000 to heal it. That, I think is the biggest factor increasing the difficulty of the mission.

Keeping that in mind, I think a good strategy is:
    1. Have an elite team stationed up front, while a team of crystal gatherers collect enough for basic barriers and healing during waves 1 and 2
    2. Once this is done, station one person at each tower while the rest split into at least 2 teams, one for the outer layers, and the secnd for the inner layers.
    3. Remember around waves 3-5, some mobs will ignore the mid towers and go for the inner walls, while bosses will usually go for the closest /weakest? tower.
    4. Set all turrents up strategically (at least one that can see multiple tower infections, and one near each tower) within the first few rounds for infection/bomb killing duty, unless you're very confident you can solo the infection/bomb.

I suppose that good strategies will eventually develop, but for now, we've only had 2 scheduled Intrusions. Not enough time to really have PUGs get good at things.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Some will, most won't. I mean look at the First TD, there are still shit load of people that still doesn't know what to do in TD.
    Overend the core!

Here's a good strategy:

1. Make sure the first wall doesn't break.

Having someone in the back for the bomb/infections and crystal collections helps a lot, as even that one heal can help with undoing small allowances of damage.

But it seems like, if wall breaks, YOU LOSE.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

I find it is sorta dumb that you can't shoot over the walls. And some of the...photon jumping or wtv placing is irritating.

Like sometimes they are attacking on the other side of the walls, i went to the jump and jumped all the way to the far middle part, then had to run backward to the left/right to kill the mob attacking the walls. I know we can split teams to defend each section for this but still.

If the wall breaks then mobs can come from the very front or from the sides between frontmost tower and second tower. They randomly choose to either go for the frontmost tower or the wall to the second tower. If the wall does not break they only come from the very front.

Having everyone be a northern hero with nobody watching infections is a BAD thing.

Having 10-11/12 be noethern hero is actually optimal as long as the other one or two people can deal with the infections/bombs on their own, as well as leaking predicahda.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

I have the feeling not everyone uses the barriers and health recovs. I think within a week, ppl will learn what to do and things will get better.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Mike; Mar 27, 2014 at 07:08 PM.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

It's not really saying anything you don't already know, the map part self explanatory, bottom part is describing some of the better ways to handle the bosses.

To be honest I think the only reason it's proving difficult is the lack of experience in conjunction with the higher barrier + heal requirements and also the fact that you spend so much time running.

It's really important to have groups stick to a place, because most of the time you're losing a tower it's because everyone is just staying stacked on top of one another trying to run to each and every single spawn. This technically requires trust between team mates which isn't likely to happen in random PUG MPAs though, so it's likely it will get easier in time as the Bravers and Gunners learn how to brute force it quicker.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Mar 27, 2014 at 02:59 AM.

In case people here didn't see it, there's my strategy notes thread here.

I think the new TD is easier IF the walls don't break.
    Once things get out of control and enemies spawn all over the place, things get messy because everyone runs around randomly like a chicken with no head.

There's no time to relax because we have to be constantly collecting crystals, but only if towers take damage.
    If there's always someone watching for missed Mantises and infections, and walls never go down, there shouldn't be any need for barriers/heals/crystals.