Page 352 of 758 FirstFirst ... 252302342349350351352353354355362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 7578

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Sorry to make you feel sorry.
    Just wanted to express frustration.
    yeah I know but it was me who "tell" that the rate is kinda good in this scratch.
    well though I must admit that niren kamui and s. punisher (the only 2 chips I want in this scratch) doesn't even show up for me despite of the other good chips I got >.>

Most of my characters have EX Orchestra. Two have EX Vint, one has EX Sakura Endo and another has EX Speed Rain.
    One of them has EX Illusion Rave but I don't have PSO2ES Fighter class maxed on that character.
    I have a few EX Last Nemesis and EX Sphere Laser, but either don't have the class levelled, or those PAs just seem really slow to me.
    EX Orchestra generally seems to do the job nowadays.
    orchestra is actually very good and was one of the top class PA for bossing before elder rebellion.
    sphere eraser is also very good if you can find a good opening on the boss which occur for around 1-2 second
    illusion rave is also very good, but being hindered by the fact that there is no resonance weapon to help non fighter making it not so tempting in your case.

The weapon damage gets penalized by the low level though, doesn't it?
    yes. in that case you probably want a fast learner one (with minimal grind) for farm exp on eq until you can use your better weapon

Elder Rebellion is that good?
    I got the EX one on one of my characters, but that character doesn't have Gunner levelled at all.
    Did anyone figure out a consistent way to get Stylish Roll working on ES?

I remember Lyrise saying something like you need to be level 48 to get the maximum effect out of a fast learner weapon.

Elder Rebellion is probably the single most busted PA now, thanks to consistently high damage, multiple hits, and long range. It's only real downside is that its kinda lengthy, so if you're up close you'll more often than not have to S-Roll cancel out to not get hit. S-Roll is now limited to Elder rebellion. Just do a side step or backdash AFTER the third hit. S-Roll makes the Rebellion + Yamigarasu combo work better, because S-Roll arts counts as a normal attack - you can use it to proc additional statuses or refresh the ones you have. Simply JA after the S-Roll and its just damage on top of damage.

The last 2 videos I posted a few days ago doing the chip comparison on 2-4 EX? That was all Rebellion 3 (I don't have EX yet).

Okay, thanks.
    Guess I need to get a twin gun for that character.
    They already have EX Endo and EX Vint though.
    For mob packs it feels like I can get away with spamming Jet Boots regular attacks.

Does anyone have specifics on what this exploit was? It seems rather serious if they were considering rolling back the servers.

http://pso2.jp/es/players/news/?id=2258

Some kind of item duping glitch.

They didn't say what item it was, though.

Did 2 30 medal scratches. 1st one was junk, but the second I got a Lisa! :3

Would always dread needing to use fire cause my setups are geared more for thunder and ice, but she'll definitely help along with a Katori I got awhile back. Now all I need is a sphere ex and my life is complete.

Still no signs of any weaponoid chips but whatevs.

The Phantasy Star wiki! Celebrating over 1000 pages of Phantasy Star goodness~

Grats.

I tried Sphere EX and Elder EX earlier.
    Not even with the right classes (so damage wasn't maxed) but it felt like they hit ridiculously hard.

I have a bunch of EX Techs like EX Gi Megid, EX Gi Foie, EX Gi Zan. Those aren't worth using, right?
    I also have some EX Kreitzen Schlag or whatever it's called.

How would you order the most effective EXs?
    Something like Elder > Sphere > Orchestra > Illusion Rave > Speed Rain > Kreitzen Schlag?
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Feb 13, 2016 at 06:31 PM.

Grats.

I tried Sphere EX and Elder EX earlier.
    Not even with the right classes (so damage wasn't maxed) but it felt like they hit ridiculously hard.

I have a bunch of EX Techs like EX Gi Megid, EX Gi Foie, EX Gi Zan. Those aren't worth using, right?
    I also have some EX Kreitzen Schlag or whatever it's called.

How would you order the most effective EXs?
    Something like Elder > Sphere > Orchestra > Illusion Rave > Speed Rain > Kreitzen Schlag?
    Depends what you are trying to do.

If you're beating down on mobs, Kreisenschlag is easily #1. Hits fairly hard, multiple targetting and 360 degree damage radius. The range is pretty good too. In a lot of cases, you don't even need to set up a JA, just press and everything non-boss is dead. If you have a well built deck, you can also use it to kill off bosses as well. Not the most efficient manner but certainly strong enough to get the job done.

If you're looking for boss killing consistency, then the hierarchy looks more like this:

-Elder Rebellion - it's only real downfall is the length of the animation, otherwise it hits pretty hard, fast damage, huge range, and while S-Roll is only available after 3 hits, can link to S-Roll arts, which is treated as a regular attack, so you can use it to refresh certain chip effects without breaking your flow/momentum)

-Speedrain - Hits hard, multiple hits, fairly quick, and has a medium range so that targets can't just walk out it, and there are ton of usable Partisan boosters of every element outside of just the generic weapon booster chips you can leverage)

-Illusion Rave/Orchestra: Quick, hard hitting, with forward momentum. Orchestra is more consistent with the hits, but lacks flexible cancellability. Illusion Rave hits more times, can be cancelled out almost any time, and travels a bit more than Orchestra, but the hits are uneven - your first 6 hits are low-mid tier damage, your last 3 hits are really strong - if you have to cancel out early, you lose the bulk of your damage, whereas if you cancel orchestra when you are able to, your damage output will have been much higher.

-Kreisenschlag - Not really meant for bosses, but can still do the job decently. Hits fairly hard over a spread of a few hits, so it's really fast, but not as hard as all of the above listed.

If anything, SpeedRain, Orchestra, and Illusion Rave are not far off from each other at all, but speedrain is just better when dealing with mobile bosses like Keratos, and has tons of really good options you can utilize if you have those chips as well (Maria Anniversary is the shining example - you get a power up, AND you get HP barrier).

I don't want to just sing praises about Elder Rebellion, but there's very little it does wrong (somewhat lengthy attack animation). Everything else it does right, and it does it really well.

As for techs, they're really a completely different playstyle altogether. Done right it can compare with most good PAs, but I think in order to really make it compete with PAs, you have to have the Matoi Cluster chip at the very least.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Feb 14, 2016 at 01:05 PM.

Speedrain is also really incredible for mobbing. The attacks are wide, and the attack homes onto new enemies instantly.
    Most of the time I can just dash forward and activate speedrain to clear everything.