Page 217 of 758 FirstFirst ... 117167207214215216217218219220227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 7578

Understood. Guess she's still useful for now. I really only cap light and ice easily atm, though if I get those units she'll be more useful.

Every other element is up in the air because I played so inconsistently. That being said, it seems like I can focus more on multipliers with her around instead of matching element.

So I guess that's good.

Actually a huge chunk of your damage is going to be matching element. But since Megadrive is effectively every element when she activates, it's like having 6 chips in one and can fill holes in your loadouts if you're lacking in particular elements.

The usual formula for success IMO is a relatively high element ratio + multipliers + a chip with secondary attack effect (Lisa's the universal, but then you have the sketch chips like the excellent series that are also additional attack. You only need 1, but this can be a rather large source of damage. Hunewearl is an additional attack chip as well, and everyone has access to that, though not as effective as Lisa and the other AC scratched additionals.).

Out of curiousity, what kind of chips would I need to back up sphere eraser ex?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    Actually a huge chunk of your damage is going to be matching element. But since Megadrive is effectively every element when she activates, it's like having 6 chips in one and can fill holes in your loadouts if you're lacking in particular elements.

The usual formula for success IMO is a relatively high element ratio + multipliers + a chip with secondary attack effect (Lisa's the universal, but then you have the sketch chips like the excellent series that are also additional attack. You only need 1, but this can be a rather large source of damage. Hunewearl is an additional attack chip as well, and everyone has access to that, though not as effective as Lisa and the other AC scratched additionals.).
    Good thing I used my Lilipan on HUney then.

Atm this is my current build load out for EMs.

Spoiler!

The last chip is generally switched out for an appropriate elemental chip based on EM. I have a 10* gran wave and a few 10* technics but I don't have enough points for it.
    Last edited by GHNeko; Oct 1, 2015 at 03:12 PM.

Exelica of the Blue Sky TheszNuts's Avatar

At 65, are the ES units worth grinding and/or crafting? Or are the penalized regardless?

I'd definitely suggest playing more story quest to unlock a higher cost cap, this week is good for it because of half cost. My average cost consumption sits around 85-90. You missed a great opportunity for a jet boot booster a couple of weeks ago with the record stone quest, which gave a wind element jet boot booster that also worked on techs (boosters are 1.6* PA/tech damage when released in non main slot).

I can't really give a solid opinion on your loadout since I don't know what chips you actually have, but overall that's really lacking. The sukunahime chip is good for techs with jet boots though, if you don't have anything better to replace it with (I use one myself).

My personal recommendations for general stuff are:

1) unlock the chip library to the cap early on. You suffer, but if you intend on playing es for a good while you'll end up having a metric assload of AC chips/rappies which will in turn give you more medals overall as you release them (best done when there's 8/10* ores etc. in fun scratch since you can just scratch your way to victory with a few hundred excubes).

Obviously this isn't for everybody as I know people who keep an inventory of like 70-100, but the more ac chips you hoard, the more weapon boosters you can exchange for when one comes around in the shop that you want. Swapping 5/10 AC chips for one Monica/Dudu is a bad value for money trade, imo, since they're barely better than a single 7/10* rappy.

2) Use higher rarity PA chips. If your options are only of the same tier for techs, use gi chips over regular or ra variant, as damage is better for the cost. Obviously if you have a higher level PA than your highest gi tier, use that instead. The element you lose if you're swapping a PA to a higher rarity is overall less damage lost compared to the damage you gain from the PA level boost.

3) Low ability booster chips are fine, but only if they're used with an appropriate fast weapon like db's/rifle/double saber etc. having an abi1 sword booster for example isn't really helpful at all because sword is slow as molasses.

4) Definitely not required considering the costs, but a rainbow set of weapons (element resonance or not) helps in eqs and story quest to a point. If you're not 65, you're probably better off using a fast learner weapon regardless of element until you actually don't get gimped using other weapons.

Raujinn: something like an abi 8 (小++) or higher launcher booster, saga+status chip that isn't el ahda (so katori or aki or sara or something). Your loadout would probably look like saga/booster/status/seraphy memorial (or bouncer)/sphere eraser ex. You could swap out seraphy for an add hit chip. Obiously, this would work best with a h44 assist if you don't have one.

TheszNutz: the es units are penalised regardless. You might get better mileage out of crafting, but given I don't use crafted units I'm not sure on how they fare in es. Since they come with soul receptor on a 4 slot unit, they generally sell for around 2mil or such last I saw anyway, so crafting can be considered detrimental for that.
    Last edited by Atmius; Oct 1, 2015 at 04:18 PM.

Hm, I have a Sara.. No Launcher boosters.

Is Sara's poison any different to El Ahda's?
    Last edited by Raujinn; Oct 1, 2015 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    I'd definitely suggest playing more story quest to unlock a higher cost cap, this week is good for it because of half cost. My average cost consumption sits around 85-90. You missed a great opportunity for a jet boot booster a couple of weeks ago with the record stone quest, which gave a wind element jet boot booster that also worked on techs (boosters are 1.6* PA/tech damage when released in non main slot).
    I saw that booster chip but I didnt think much of it unfortunately lol.

I was more concerned with AC chips through rappy coins and EM points.

I can't really give a solid opinion on your loadout since I don't know what chips you actually have, but overall that's really lacking. The sukunahime chip is good for techs with jet boots though, if you don't have anything better to replace it with (I use one myself).
    If need be, I can screenshot my library and hand it to you for you to parse through.

My personal recommendations for general stuff are:

1) unlock the chip library to the cap early on. You suffer, but if you intend on playing es for a good while you'll end up having a metric assload of AC chips/rappies which will in turn give you more medals overall as you release them (best done when there's 8/10* ores etc. in fun scratch since you can just scratch your way to victory with a few hundred excubes).
    you mean filling up the chip library and getting discovery rewards right?

Obviously this isn't for everybody as I know people who keep an inventory of like 70-100, but the more ac chips you hoard, the more weapon boosters you can exchange for when one comes around in the shop that you want. Swapping 5/10 AC chips for one Monica/Dudu is a bad value for money trade, imo, since they're barely better than a single 7/10* rappy.
    My chip library is close to 300 total soooo I think I'll be fine on stockpiling. This was before I started playing consistently and my poor luck with rappy scratch jaded me on top of me having a lot of rappy coins to dick around with.

2) Use higher rarity PA chips. If your options are only of the same tier for techs, use gi chips over regular or ra variant, as damage is better for the cost. Obviously if you have a higher level PA than your highest gi tier, use that instead. The element you lose if you're swapping a PA to a higher rarity is overall less damage lost compared to the damage you gain from the PA level boost.
    So stick to my 10* released gran wave over all else? The one thing i dislike about that PA is the cool down on top of a long duration and no shift action. :/

I got 10* vinto...but it's on a different character orz.

3) Low ability booster chips are fine, but only if they're used with an appropriate fast weapon like db's/rifle/double saber etc. having an abi1 sword booster for example isn't really helpful at all because sword is slow as molasses.
    So low ability chips are ones that have like Low++ and such right? Would JBs be considered a fast weapon? Because I tend to proc Megadrive fairly often and quickly after a fight starts.

4) Definitely not required considering the costs, but a rainbow set of weapons (element resonance or not) helps in eqs and story quest to a point. If you're not 65, you're probably better off using a fast learner weapon regardless of element until you actually don't get gimped using other weapons.
    Fast Learner weapon? You mean a weapon that has 100% of its stats used at a low level? Or am I wrong?

Raujinn: something like an abi 8 (小++) or higher launcher booster, saga+status chip that isn't el ahda (so katori or aki or sara or something). Your loadout would probably look like saga/booster/status/seraphy memorial (or bouncer)/sphere eraser ex. You could swap out seraphy for an add hit chip. Obiously, this would work best with a h44 assist if you don't have one.
    Yeah I was looking at suka + saga + boost but honestly I dont have a reliable and up to date chip library outside of the japanese swiki, which I can't read too well since I'm still a novice in Japanese, so a lot of the time I'm not 100% sure on what chips do and such.

also maximum orz @ my loadout being lacking; but im not surprised. I cant decipher a lot of my chips lol

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    I saw that booster chip but I didnt think much of it unfortunately lol.

I was more concerned with AC chips through rappy coins and EM points.
    Rappy medals are nice, but using a bunch on every scratch will backfire when a good scratch comes around (like this one, I guess), especially if you have what could be considered an acceptable loadout.

If need be, I can screenshot my library and hand it to you for you to parse through.
    Not really needed, you just need to know what your chips do (covered a little later)

you mean filling up the chip library and getting discovery rewards right?
    Yes. The more chips you're able to hold, the easier it is to hold materials required to max and release them. Gets harder later on without aforementioned 8* ore in fun scratch though.

My chip library is close to 300 total soooo I think I'll be fine on stockpiling. This was before I started playing consistently and my poor luck with rappy scratch jaded me on top of me having a lot of rappy coins to dick around with.
    Well by chip library in that instance, I meant the chip pack, which is where you keep your chips, so if that's around 250+ you're probably fine in that regard.

So stick to my 10* released gran wave over all else? The one thing i dislike about that PA is the cool down on top of a long duration and no shift action. :/
    That PA is actually quite bad to be honest. I was hoping it would do more but no.

So low ability chips are ones that have like Low++ and such right? Would JBs be considered a fast weapon? Because I tend to proc Megadrive fairly often and quickly after a fight starts.
    No, I meant in the sense of weapon PA booster chips like db booster or rifle booster. 小+ and 小++ are ok chips if they have a duration of 20-30s, but chips like de mammoth that are 小+ add hit chips are bad.

Fast Learner weapon? You mean a weapon that has 100% of its stats used at a low level? Or am I wrong?
    Yes, there's one available from this EQ for I don't know how many of what boss chip.

Yeah I was looking at suka + saga + boost but honestly I dont have a reliable and up to date chip library outside of the japanese swiki, which I can't read too well since I'm still a novice in Japanese, so a lot of the time I'm not 100% sure on what chips do and such.
    There's something like that here. If you have a Saga and are using techs that aren't barta, it should definitely be in your loadout instead of say, Regius.

also maximum orz @ my loadout being lacking; but im not surprised. I cant decipher a lot of my chips lol
    If you're using any 'ep 1' (main game story quest wise) chips, they're basically worthless nowadays except Lisa. Io and Echo are the only good 'ep 2' ones. The excellent chips and anniversary chips are definitely nice to have in a loadout, but you don't want a loadout made entirely off additional hit chips because your damage will be poor. There's more to explain but I don't feel like it at the moment.

I dont have Saga unfortunately, but I do have a friend with Saga so I get access to that every 2 hours lol.

I only picked Regius because of the HP boost which is what's allowing me to tank through the EQ. That and he gives you a damage boost after you use him it seems?

Since gran wave is officially bad in my eyes, I'll probably stick to technics and work on releasing and earning technics as I progress until I can get Vinto or something.

So as such, scratch Regius and Hime and replace them with something else?

I guess I can keep Huney for the time being and a technic chip, but that still leaves me with 2 chips free.

The other chips I have that are 11 are Huey, Burn Draal, Tranmize, Klotho, Fang Banther, Rare Fang, Sukunahime, Sutoraikuburuuto, Luther, Dark Ragne, Dark Agrani, Gwana, Rigshryada, and Rare Ringhda