Page 39 of 758 FirstFirst ... 29363738394041424989139539 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    Yeah, I just kept resetting my drive by levelling alt classes. The vast majority are gonna have been done on normal though, as due to horrible luck with obtaining chips I can only just meet the damage goal on Vhard. :/
    There are 2 conditions that determine whether or not you get the chip. The first one is mandatory - the EM you start or participate in, must lead to a dead Ong; meeting the damage goal is not enough. When its dead, then you get a shot at the chip, as indicated by a summary screen that only pops up on the lobby, when it dies. (I know you've had more than a few dead, since I think I was the one killing off many of yours, but I'm just saying its unlikely you've had over 100 killed, since I'm just barely over that count).

The second condition relates to your actual score in the EM. A low score will not prevent you from getting the chip, but a high score will increase your chances of getting said chip. Think of it as running DF Elder. A high score would be the equivalent of using a 250% rare booster, where as a lower score is more along the lines of a 50% (or not at all if you are running normal). In all cases, you get a shot at something nice, but the higher the difficulty and the more you score, the better your chances. Score is based on your overall participation in the request, and is not averaged, in the event you do multiple runs of the same request.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Oct 14, 2014 at 10:32 AM.

I've been doing VH, though I will hit up all the half-cost requests (even on lower difficulty) if they're there just to have several completes coming in at once.

RNG gonna RNG.

Edit: I do try to participate more than once if I can. But most requests get killed before I get a chance to go again. Starting my own lets me do at least 2 before the friend spam vaporizes him.
    Last edited by Hexxy; Oct 14, 2014 at 10:37 AM.

That being the case, it seems I might as well stick to Hard? Because I struggle to meet the goal on vhard, making getting a decent score prohibitively difficult with my current loadout.

Also do you have a source for your information?

Also that kill count was inclusive of all difficulties. If we're restricting the count to Vhard its more like 15.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Oct 14, 2014 at 10:39 AM.

i have been playing this eq like crazy the past few days too, I have only obtained 1 ong chip so far as well, I am unsure if it came from Hard or VH, but I pretty much stopped doing normal now that I am getting stronger,

Something of note last night I did a VH and died, did 0 dmg since I retired, I got a 10 star tmg from the reward and s rank lol.

I always hit the goal in Hard atm and it's a struggle to get it in VH but I am getting closer to hitting it on a regular basis now, I really don't know how the dmg part of the scoring works but so far everyone that is getting large amounts of Ong chip drops from this eq is doing heavy sums of dmg, it is definitely not from a lack of my time spent playing.
    Lil Ms.Thunda Thighs "she likes pie"
    Ship 02 Proud Team Master of Night Arks!
    Looking for a team to have fun and do good runs? Apply to join us!
    http://nightarks.enjin.com/home
    Cheeto's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hexxy View Post
    I do try to participate more than once if I can. But most requests get killed before I get a chance to go again. Starting my own lets me do at least 2 before the friend spam vaporizes him.
    You generally don't want to do this (running the same request twice) - since your cost for starting and re-running will be much greater than running requests, and starting a request but leaving it alone for the others to kill it off. What gets you the chips isn't how much you play, but how many times you get that completion bonus. I'd only re-run it if the request is approaching its rank down timer, or you're approaching the end of the EM period itself.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeto View Post
    i have been playing this eq like crazy the past few days too, I have only obtained 1 ong chip so far as well, I am unsure if it came from Hard or VH, but I pretty much stopped doing normal now that I am getting stronger,

Something of note last night I did a VH and died, did 0 dmg since I retired, I got a 10 star tmg from the reward and s rank lol.

I always hit the goal in Hard atm and it's a struggle to get it in VH but I am getting closer to hitting it on a regular basis now, I really don't know how the dmg part of the scoring works but so far everyone that is getting large amounts of Ong chip drops from this eq is doing heavy sums of dmg, it is definitely not from a lack of my time spent playing.

S rank is based on Timer, so assuming everyone is on it, that's an instant 3000 points. Damage you do to it also contributes up to 5000 points - the good thing is its based on how often you can meet and exceed that Goal line, not the ratio damage to the boss overall compared to everyone else.

After that there are small 500 point bonuses, 1 for being the one that contributed the most to the kill, the one who's run the request the most, the one who responded to the request first, etc.

Funny enough, while score max is 10000, if you solo it, the most you can get is 9500. You can only get 10000 if you're responding to a request.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Oct 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Do you know if high score on hard mode is better odds than bad score on vhard? Would be good to know for next time.

Thanks for letting us know that normal is essentially a waste of time anyway heh, that'll save me a lot of drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    Do you know if high score on hard mode is better odds than bad score on vhard? Would be good to know for next time.

Thanks for letting us know that normal is essentially a waste of time anyway heh, that'll save me a lot of drive.
    In terms of getting just the chip, Hard with a high score would be better than VH with a low score. But in terms of overall drop, VH is better - if you don't get the chip, the drops you get in VH are much better than the drops you get in Hard - for example, the most you can get in terms of slotted gear in H is 4, usually 2 is more likely, and it's an absolute crapshoot whether or not you get a receptor with that.

Normal in theory should be your best shot at the chip, but there's a problem with the way Normal is set up. It's loaded in filler items such as the grind +5% and Risk reduce -1 (they all have this but the rate for these appears to be much higher in normal), and more importantly, the cost to run one Normal is the same as running one request on VH, but VH will no doubt give you better drops overall, as long as you can make it to that goal line even once.

In VH though, slots can go up to 6, usually, 5, lots of 3s and 4s, and the chance of Receptors is somewhat high (70%~). Amaterasu is pretty much a guaranteed 4/5s - if a receptor shows up on it, you've just made yourself anywhere from 1.4m-6m meseta.

Additionally, the weapons, can be resold on the PC edition. Katanas can move at 17-25m a piece, while the rifle is at a ridiculous 55m (which is not moving at all, but if you were to price at 40m, it'd probably move).

In the end, it boils down to Probability vs. Quality vs. Speed. If you consider everything that can drop and can be resold on the market (besides the chip), it might actually make even more sense to run on VH - find everything else, sell those and put it towards the weapons (or whatever else you want).

Yeah Vhard has given me some nice chunks of meseta... guess it's worth throwing myself at the biggest cat overall then. Cheers.

Meanwhile, just gotta try to improve my deck in any way I can heh.

Banther Ong EQ up again, until 2AM JST, which is roughly 7 hours 45 minutes from the time of this post.

Bantha Ong EQ just started a moment ago for those interested, good luck

Edit oops posted a few secs to late lol
    Last edited by cheeto; Oct 15, 2014 at 06:26 AM.
    Lil Ms.Thunda Thighs "she likes pie"
    Ship 02 Proud Team Master of Night Arks!
    Looking for a team to have fun and do good runs? Apply to join us!
    http://nightarks.enjin.com/home
    Cheeto's Youtube Channel