Page 628 of 758 FirstFirst ... 128528578618625626627628629630631638678728 ... LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,280 of 7578

Have been playing PSO2 on and off since beta, but haven't been an es player except around when it first came out. Been wanting to get in on the exclusives that have popped up since then, and am looking to maximize my efficiency to that end.

As will be obvious in a bit, I'm not off to a great start in terms of scratch draws -- my only big-ticket chip is Nasuyoteri, which is useful solely against dark enemies, and I got fuckin' two of her during the Yamigarasu event, so thanks for that, random number generator -- but I've been making up with it through Frame and gear usage, as well as mostly prudent utilization of the exchange shops. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what to use where, but I thought I'd poll here in case I'm missing something. What follows is what I have to work with, and each of my palettes except for Light, which I have next to nothing usable for now -- exchange shop Gene is in the works to help that along slightly -- and Wind, as I only have Rose Saber and Rabbit Wand to use on there for now, although you can get an idea of how I'd set it up based on the other elements.

https://ibb.co/nOx0EQ
    https://ibb.co/eWVy15
    https://ibb.co/jKJU8k
    https://ibb.co/d3mtZQ
    https://ibb.co/kkrtZQ
    https://ibb.co/cRoJ15
    https://ibb.co/kYgGok

I'm open to swapping into support for other PAs, especially Wind or Dark, since I have good ones that may exceed Elder Rebellion's damage output with the higher PA level and element coming into play.

I'm aware Purple Sister isn't great, although that status effect immunity is sometimes handy, but my options in Ice are sub-par. Is Saga worth replacing her with despite the overlap with Rose Saber's own Frame?

Ark Flan seems to work strangely, and the Wiki is stumped on where she falls as well. She doesn't seem to be an E-Frame, but her effect regardless appears to be significant, which would be in line with her Cost and the requirements to obtain her, so I'm not sure if she beats Bruno out, assuming she isn't an E. Anyone have experience with her?

Given my weakness in some areas, is Motherly Gene worth putting in places?

I also switch things around a bit during the EQ according to what friend I'm bringing in, such as ditching Evil Curst for Sunshine Gene. Obviously, I use 12 star Darker Busters when I can, but I'm a scrub and don't have the luxury of a suite of powerful players -- shoutout to Poplar of Ship 7 for basically carrying my ass through this event with their 40-50 million damage tag-ins -- so I take what I can get.

Thanks ahead of time for any thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by nyaaaaa View Post
    the +35 13* weapons are holding me back
    Scam it out through the Battleship Collection File; after you convert them to NTs through Zieg, their maximum grind automatically goes to 35. I unlocked a level cap myself this way.

If you have an appropriate one of the series laying around in storage, so much the better.

One thing to note is that you don't necessarily need to carry all your Element needs on your main deck. All things permitting, you can usually get away with a Friend Chip supplying the extra element and just stacking the best possible Chips into your main deck.

If you need a DB friend, I might have a slot open.

Just a heads up, but the Tokyo Game Show limited esScratch is arriving in two days, which will add a 12* Kazuma Kiryu Chip. They'll also be rebalancing the old SEGA Chips to keep up with the current meta, so those are also worth pulling for.
    Last edited by Altiea; Sep 18, 2017 at 07:10 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

The element thing is more necessity than preference for the time being. I don't even really have a "main" loadout.

I still have a lot of XH triggers; I hope I can get through some of them, as while I don't honestly expect Ardillo to happen, it would sure helpful to boost my ice needs, as I really struggle against such enemies. God help me if the next EQ is primarily Light.

And I was just about to ask if anyone had actually gotten a Rose Saber Chip yet... (It took me two events/EQs to get one copy of Evil Curst though, so wasn't expecting one right away; yet I got three copies of Ardillo over the course of those two events... RNG is weird for me.)

I have only gotten two or three useful drops so-far this EQ/event unfortunately (Which term do is used to refer to these anyway? I am used to having played KanColle for a few years, so usually just call stuff like this events I guess).
    - No drop of either of the chips (Rose Saber / Ardillo);
    - No es weapons of any kind (neither the es-special 12*s (don't remember) or 13*s (Arion); Granted, I have yet to receive a single one of any of these weapons from all three (or four?) I have participated in thus far).
    - I think I have gotten one or two Material Zero drops, and then a 4s Ext.Receptor unit as my only notable stuff so far (I think I have about 100+ Tranmizer-wannabe chips though).

I am almost up to max storage in my gift box too, because I have no idea what to do with all the extra release fodder that I don't need. I have tons of everything except the two things I need most: 8* Photon Tubes and 8* Crystals. I have only gotten ONE of the 8* Photon tubes from all of the special scratch attempts (which I am at stage 9 already), and just a few of the 8* Crystals (which I counted up that I need about 150+ of them to release everything >_>).

Also, do late-game/OP people really have a ton of OP/stamina points left to actually waste them on running 50 VH attempts (to clear all 90 achievements)? Or do they just ignore those two extra rappy medals? There seems to be basically no reward whatsoever for these (VH), and unless you can one-shot/run all of your SH/XH triggers (thus having nothing else to use the stamina on), I have no idea how people do 50 of them (I'd rather use the stamina to help others clear theirs for potential drops tbh).

-

Oh and one last thing: Which of the EQ enemies is the "狂暴" (kyoubou; rage/frenzy) version? I still somehow don't have that achievement from encountering one yet, and I feel like I have seen them all plenty of times.

-

Edit: Also, forgot to ask, but noticed in the articles/news pages about the Feather match, that it has an end date of the 20th. Does that mean it will get replaced by another Feather-dropping match at that time, or that we need to have collected all feathers needed by then?
    Last edited by nyaaaaa; Sep 18, 2017 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Scam it out through the Battleship Collection File; after you convert them to NTs through Zieg, their maximum grind automatically goes to 35. I unlocked a level cap myself this way.

If you have an appropriate one of the series laying around in storage, so much the better.
    Would you be able to elaborate a bit more on this, or have a link to what you are describing? I play on PS4 so don't have translations, and nowhere even remotely close to fluent yet, so there's a fair bit of the game I probably know nothing about unless I have read about it while looking up stuff or hearing others mention/ask about various things. (If it requires a ton of Ether Fuses though, I highly doubt I have anywhere near enough.)

Only need two more Deus AR copies for my main class +35, but I did end up +35'ing a Sword for my subclass (that I won't ever be able to equip until high-level Hero anyway; or if they ever give out a free second mag I can use for S-ATK), but then realized it takes more Exp to get from 75->80 than it does from 1->75, so not looking forward to playing as a Hunter with a crap all-class AR for that long >_>.

-

Also, I am mildly jealous of your ネプテューヌ chips, lol. Maybe they will bring them back someday like they are with the two VC chips in the next scratch, but we will see if RNG lets me pull one of them.

The Neptunia chips are the only reason I have the majority of the people on my friend list, since most people don't know what they are, haha. Turns out I got the only two decent ones, too, but they're really showing their age.

The enemy referred to is probably the hyperactive Tranmizer, which moves and attacks more quickly than usual. I've only seen them on VH, along with others like the Small variant, but they could show up elsewhere.

As for the Battleship stuff, head to the righthand Quest Counter and talk to プリン. Top option, then third option. Nab one of those and then take it and 20 Ether fuses to ジグ, to the right of the soccer game as you approach it. Once you've traded in, it'll have a 35 grind limit, regardless of the state the weapon was originally in.

There's a weapon of each type in that series, so you can use whichever you want.

Don't count out Xierra either, Xierra is actually a pretty good Chase Chip. Not as good as some of the Weaponoids like Avenger, but it's very solid bang for your buck.

Saga is only as good as the Status chip you pair him with; he doesn't do anything on his own. Despite the extra 20% over Rose Saber, I personally wouldn't make the switch, since nowadays, pure Status Chips are a waste of a slot, and combo Status/C Frames do enough on their own.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Figured as much about Saga, but it didn't hurt to ask.

Xierra's damage only seems to work every second or so, although she has some good sustain capabilities over time. Not sure whether the latter's worth losing more consistent damage, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to test it, with Lightning being my strongest element anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Don't count out Xierra either, Xierra is actually a pretty good Chase Chip. Not as good as some of the Weaponoids like Avenger, but it's very solid bang for your buck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    Xierra's damage only seems to work every second or so, although she has some good sustain capabilities over time. Not sure whether the latter's worth losing more consistent damage, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to test it, with Lightning being my strongest element anyway.
    I have tried Xiera multiple times since I first drew her a month or two ago, and no matter what setup I use her in, I just can't consider her a true 'chase' chip for me.

Her extra effects are nice to have (don't remember them exactly off the top of my head, small CP/HP recovery I think?), but as Geistritter mentioned, and I also did a while back, she just doesn't activate often enough to make it really count. When you are spamming a PA that is hitting so fast the numbers on screen can't even keep up, a 'true' chase chip is adding to every single one of those hits (if I am not mistaken), whereas Xiera only procs every once in a while (for a 'Mid' rate it still isn't very often) for just the single hit in question at that specific instant (again, I could be wrong with some parts of this, but that is what it looks/reads/seems to me from what I have tested while using her in a setup).

I mean, if there were no other options for chase damage, she would be useful I suppose (I should probably check those pics again, not sure if you have any other chase chips or not), but I would rather stock up on Friends with chase chips as lead chips than rely on her for decent chase-specific output (strictly speaking about chase dmg; the recovery parts are nice, but are pretty small from what I recall).

Granted, if any/all of that is indeed wrong about Xiera (or I am not deploying her properly or something), let me know. I could always use more options/variations with my limited chip selection currently.