Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm still lonely! Talk to me, please!
    California, in the land of milk and cigarettes

They've both been ripped off by lousy shareware game making companies! Yep, that's right!
    Do any of you know who Tom Bombem is? Or how about Toxic the Groundhog? If you do, then you've probably went over to gamesdomain and downloaded all the shareware you could find!

You'd think people would ge sued for this kind of crap, but I get the feeling noone's taken any legal action... But what're the big companies out there gonna care about anyway? After all, I don't see Toxic the Groundhog taking away Sonic's title any time soon... Nor do I see people wondering if they're EVER gonna release the sequal to Tom Bombem.

Overstater of the obvious...

frankly, duke nukem ripped most of his lines off from Bruce Campbell in the evil dead series... haven't checked out those sharewares though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: raiden999 on 2003-04-15 07:35 ]</font>

I believe Duke Nuken started off as crappy "shareware" software from the start...or at least the garbage similar to it. Just think back to the days of 386's and Commander Keen and such. I'd personally love to see both characters put six feet under. There hasn't been a decent Sonic game since the Genesis.

Not banned

Toxic the Groundhog.....don't tell me his counterpart is named "kilometers" or "wags"

What? No! I can't wait for "Toxic the Groundhog vs. Dietyzilla" to come out on DVD! How dare you say such rash things about original things like Toxic the Groundhog. I mean, geez...there isn't anything quite like Toxic the Groundhog!

Nothing! Except...copyright infringements!

What, no Chronic the Hemphog?

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

What about Retro the HIV?

You gotta hand it to them...they made one very major improvement in this game.

No annoyingly high-pitched two-tailed fox-like sidekick in this game!

I'm still lonely! Talk to me, please!
    California, in the land of milk and cigarettes

Well, if people can make Tom Bombem and Toxic the Groundhog... I guess nintendo wont mine my idea for that idea I had for sortof a GTA clone, Super Mafia Brothers... Well, I guess I can continue planning on that!

Janitor Extrordinaire

Intimidacius remembers the old side-scrolling Duke Nukem shareware game. Intimidacius assumes that you meant a shareware version of his more recent games. When Sonic gets a shareware rippoff you complain, but when dozens of platformers rippoff of Zelda or Mario64 and about a hundred GTA clones come out you think that is fine? Shareware isn't being paid for, these people are getting rich off of someone else's ideas while bashing on them to boot.
    Intimidacius may be a robot, but that doesn't mean that he doesn't have feelings