First, this is a nice forum. DC4ever told me about it. Hats off to the mod who runs it.^_^

Now, my problem.

With all this talk off character killing, is it still possible for players to use their other chracters in PSO? I have a level 95 Hunter and a level 26 Fonewm. Both are on the same memory card. Sega 4X.

What happens if my girlfriend or the kid wants to play online using their own characters? Theirs are on seperate VMUs. Since we all use the same DC, will the PSO server go in and delete their characters or my second character based on the fact that none of them match up with the time of my level 95 Hunter?

Sega could at least make an official comment about their anti-cheating plans. That way people that want to play the game can do so without wondering if Sega's servers are going to kill files other than the one with the most time. Has anyone loaded up a game with their second character and went online after playing with their main character online?

I hope someone here can shed some light on this "All your file belong to us" crap started by Sega. If Sega wants to stop cheaters, they should screw with their PSO accounts, not screw around with the servers..that just made the whole thing a bigger mess than it was in the first place. I don't understand why anyone would want to cheat in a RPG in the first place, it's not a competition! I'm happy Sega is doing something about the cheating, but there has to be a beter way than their current method.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
    Den

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Den on 2001-03-07 16:45 ]</font>

You will be fine playing other chars. They track each char individually.
    Playing as Keahi on Phantasy Star Portable 2 - US Version.

Rappy Hunter

Wow, Den, that is an excellent question! I haven't played since Sega's server-tinker, so I would really like to know the scoop on this one. I have two characters as well, and I'd really hate to have them stripped down, shivering in the cold, metal corridors of Pioneer 2.

Ambrai, thanks for the quick response. I'm happy to know that.

Neifirst, I know how you feel. Heh, after palying so many hours into the game, you actually bond with your characters. I've never
    played any PC RPGs, but a poster at our forum talked about how they actually get together and role play according to stories they make for their characters. I didn't really understand what he was saying, but now I kind of have an idea. When you put so much time into a game of this kind, you just worry about having to start over, not being able to quest with your crew, etc..

I'm glad that I can tell the kid and the ball-n-chain that it's safe for them to go online with their characters.^_^

Thanks for the help,
    Den

PS,
    Is there a place where PSO World members meet to play PSO? I wouldn't mind playing a few games.

Thanks again.

Trust me, they'll be ok. I have 3 different characters, varying times (within about 10 hours at least), and they all go in and come out fine. I've even logged all 3 in during the past 2 days and have noticed no problems.

Each character requires you to put in the serial number and access key, so this should explain why this works if you need a reason.

On 2001-03-07 16:56, Den wrote:
    Is there a place where PSO World members meet to play PSO? I wouldn't mind playing a few games.

Thanks again.
    The official hangout is PUCK BLOCK 9. We generaly put PSO- or PSO-WORD in the game name for identification. If you see a PSO-WORLD game that is password protected, try SONIC. Its a pretty standard password but not enough people are using it!