Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Fun project: Everything wrong with skill trees

As stated in another thread, I'd like to compile a list of everything wrong with every skill tree, ever.

So, when stating something wrong, follow this format:

Class:
    Problem:

Of course, this is all about opinions, so when they clash we'll have to try and find a middle point.

Here's something to start:

Hunter:
    1. Guard Stance Burn, Poison: Should be merged together, as well as Pretty Good, considering the SP on these skills just being 1. Hell, why not cure every status effect AND reduce total status effect time with activation of Guard Stance?
    2. The entire Just Guard tree. We should automatically have these skills, including Just Counter.
    3. Massive Hunter: It does too little too quick for too much sp. Either increase duration, increase effect, decrease sp, or all of the options combined.
    4. Sword Gear, Wirelance Gear, Partisan Gear: Should not be tied to any stance tree.

Ranger:
    1. Killing Bonus: Requires a range increase. It makes no sense a ranger would have such a skill that doesn't work at a long range.
    2. The entire Trap tree has nobody spending points in them except for the one obscure guy every now and then. Remove them and make them purely ranger-main/sub-usable items.

Force:
    1. Photon Flare: It barely lasts long enough for what it does. It should, at the very least, be three to four minutes. It also needs to be percentage based.
    2. Photon Flare After Burst: Like Photon Flare, it needs to be percentage based. It also needs to last long enough to cover for Photon Flare's cooldown.
    3. Photon Flare Advance: Like Photon Flare, it needs to be percentage based.
    4. Charge PP Revival: This needs to get away from the Fire tree.

Fighter:
    1. The Adrenaline skill. This would belong on the Techer tree.
    2. Twin Dagger Gear, Double Saber Gear, Knuckle Gear: These should not be tied to any particular stances.

Gunner:
    1. Aerial Advance boosts damage against enemies in the air. Considering Gunner's gameplay style, it should boost damage when the player is in the air.

Techer:
    1. Position of the Territory PP Save skill. It should be after Territory Burst.

Braver:
    1. Rare Mastery Braver gives 30 ability instead of 30 striking/ranged attack. We understand that it's Braver, but with the damage variance of 10/11 star weapons 30 ability is not needed for the most part.

Total problem count so far: 14.
    Last edited by Rien; Apr 4, 2014 at 11:48 PM.

Hunter: The entire right side of the tree should be 5 SP not 10 SP, also with very little prerequisites.

Force: For fucks sake make photon flare a stance like everyone else's push-button-for-double-damage skills.

Why would Adrenaline belong on the Techter tree?

It's worded funny, but it basically means Shifta and Deband that is cast on you lasts longer. For example if you have Adrenaline and someone casts Shifta on the party, their buff will wear off before yours does.

Massive Hunter needs to be seriously looked at. It's trying to be a 'panic button' skill that other MMOs have, but failing completely. 10SP for a skill that reduces damage by 25% for 25 seconds? C'mon now. It should, with 10SP reduce damage by 75% for 30 seconds and then have a super long cooldown.

Warcry needs to not have it's cooldown reset if you flinch trying to activate it. It's cooldown should also be a lot shorter. Also at 10SP it takes hate priority for 30 seconds and has a 30 second cooldown. In theory it sounds like you can draw hate 100% of the time, but in MPAs where a large group can be mowed down in 10 or 15 seconds, or less when nobody else has to worry about dodging attacks. Maybe a 10 second cooldown and it draws hate for 30 seconds? It's not like drawing hate is some game breaking mechanic; it encourages teamwork, I don't know why they're so stingy about it.

ALL skills that add flat values as bonuses (+50 as opposed to +2%) need to be looked at. The higher the level cap is raised the more arbitrary these numbers become.
    Last edited by Angelo; Apr 4, 2014 at 09:52 PM.

Just... just remake everything that isn't Braver. And Fighter, maybe.

Techer: Literally everything.

Worst skill tree. Ever.

Be more specific. Like, I know the entire techer and hunter tree is flawed as hell. I just want to see it written out.

Also Adrenaline belongs on the Techer tree because unless you're a fo/fi it makes zero sense for Adrenaline to even exist on the Fighter tree. I know what it does, and it doesn't seem right that a Fighter would just randomly have a skill affecting technics which they can't even cast without having/being a subclass.
    Last edited by Rien; Apr 4, 2014 at 10:11 PM.

Fo:
    -Make photon ignition a stance skill
    -Remove PP1 and move the Ice Master 2, Freeze Keep, and Freeze Ignition boost under Freeze boost.

Hu:
    -Everything you had in the OP
    -Buff Never Give Up from 5SP to 10SP, from 5+ you get duration increase to 20sec with a +450 Satk boost.

Ra:
    -Revamp the entire trapline or just remove it.

Gu:
    -CT: investing more into CT makes CT on target last longer, 30 sec after the last time the target was hit.

Braver:
    -Do something about the bow line. I don't even know, bow are just already plane good without it.

Fi:
    -Make both stances into passives.

Hunter:

-The gears should be in another path where it doesn't have to need this to unlock that. (especially the Sword Gear is far away from the Partizans or Wired Lances) If ever they have their specific path in the skill tree. ex. somewhere in the left part of hp up 1 at least needing 1~3 skill points to unlock so at least players will have ease on getting what weapon gears they like or mostly all of them so the points won't interfere with other skills.

-For the Warcry, it needs at least a good buff & debuff on the enemy. Well since the usual taunt buffs are sometimes monsters will be lured with you but increased attack and lowered defense. For PSO2 type I guess Monsters will be lured to you, but their Critical attack is increased and their defense are lowered depending on level. (Maximum of 30% on monster's critical hit and 25% Lowered Defense on Lvl 10)

Rangers:

-The Weak Bullet should need another key/button to be pressed on, or basically just press the key where you've put Weak Bullet instead since it interferes with the left click.

-Standing Snipe should at least give a certain buff where when you do a perfect JA attack on rifle while standing, you gain perfect chained hits on far away targeted enemies instead of doing spread fire. (Like come on, they're Rangers, they are trained to hit long ranged and accurately, not spraying bullets all over the place. AIM DOWN YOUR SIGHTS SOLDIER!) Right... I forgot about the 3rd Person Shoot or letter Z... Though I don't know if this hits accurately on long range though. I mean continuous 3 chain hits.

PP Charge Revival really should be in a more accessible part of the FO tree considering how essential it is to your damage output.

Techer also shouldn't have such a huge number of skills with five point pre-reqs.

I agree with pretty much everything Angelo said. To touch further on the Flat Stat bonuses that are damn near pointless at this stage of the game: How about making each SP point worth +0.5% to their respective stats? So at 10SP, they would give +5% power (which would be noticeable), but still not be better then Stances.

And I kinda agree with Macman's statement about Photon Flare. Considering you have to invest so much SP into it AND it takes a huge chunk of your HP away (pretty much turning the already squishy mages into one-hit-wonders), it should last longer then 30 seconds.

Spoiler!