Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Can't say I'm excited. I'm still looking for proper Fighter buffs/changes.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantLegend View Post
    I hope I have enough friends to spam xq for 2x bio katana's. Otherwise....I'd be broke buying 11* element grinding.
    Gimme a whisper, I'd like to spam them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    Can't say I'm excited. I'm still looking for proper Fighter buffs/changes.
    I suspect Fighter will be coming up shortly after force, since fighter can still use hunter as a crutch.

When they nerf hunter is when fighter will really need a tweaking, though.

Ideally, fi/br should be just as viable as fi/hu. That might mean fighter weapons with, like, 30-40% average stance latents. If hunter is nerfed to ~60% or even ~50% damage on its tree though, braver weapons wouldn't need any tweaks at all to work with fighter stances instead of fury stance.

(Also they'd have to make fighter stances passive already, jesus)

((I secretly hold out an irrational hope that Sega sees my posts))

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Gimme a whisper, I'd like to spam them as well.

I suspect Fighter will be coming up shortly after force, since fighter can still use hunter as a crutch.

When they nerf hunter is when fighter will really need a tweaking, though.

Ideally, fi/br should be just as viable as fi/hu. That might mean fighter weapons with, like, 30-40% average stance latents. If hunter is nerfed to ~60% or even ~50% damage on its tree though, braver weapons wouldn't need any tweaks at all to work with fighter stances instead of fury stance.

(Also they'd have to make fighter stances passive already, jesus)

((I secretly hold out an irrational hope that Sega sees my posts))
    You think they'll nerf hunter that much? I mean, right now, it's awesome as a subclass, it really makes Br/Gu/Fi shine. But as a main class... I think it kind of sucks. I could maybe see a nerf to fury stance, but they'd almost have to offer something else as an option for using Hu as a main class. It's already slow enough imo.

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post
    You think they'll nerf hunter that much? I mean, right now, it's awesome as a subclass, it really makes Br/Gu/Fi shine. But as a main class... I think it kind of sucks. I could maybe see a nerf to fury stance, but they'd almost have to offer something else as an option for using Hu as a main class. It's already slow enough imo.
    That's exactly right.

Fury Stance is too much. It's just too strong, and it costs too much SP. It's too good for everything but Hunter. For Hunter? It blocks out anything else anyone would want to get. For a long time you couldn't even get a single gear if you wanted to max out Fury Stance - the Fury Stance tree cost 70 SP, and that's exactly what we had to spend.

No other class has to deal with that. Hunter's weapons have been balanced around having maxed a Fury Stance tree, so if you pass it up your damage suffers noticeably. It's not just Hunter weapons though, Fighter weapons were balanced around it too since every damage-oriented Fighter subs Hunter.

Fix: Boost damage of all Hunter & Fighter weapons by maybe 30%, then remove a few skills from the Fury Stance tree. Removing Fury Stance Up 2 and either Fury Combo Up or both JA Bonuses would be great (Depending on if you want multipliers with Fury Stance disabled, or if you want a multiplier that works for techs). This frees up 20-30 SP, and that's all Hunter needs to get a support skill, JG/JC, Step/JR, and each gear.

Good stuff. Still waiting on my Tornado Dance buff.
    PSU ID - 30001139
    PSO2 JP Info:

Chalka / Parallax / Xavious Redd / Rydia / Cyrax / Paladin Crux

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    That's exactly right.

Fury Stance is too much. It's just too strong, and it costs too much SP. It's too good for everything but Hunter. For Hunter? It blocks out anything else anyone would want to get. For a long time you couldn't even get a single gear if you wanted to max out Fury Stance - the Fury Stance tree cost 70 SP, and that's exactly what we had to spend.

No other class has to deal with that. Hunter's weapons have been balanced around having maxed a Fury Stance tree, so if you pass it up your damage suffers noticeably. It's not just Hunter weapons though, Fighter weapons were balanced around it too since every damage-oriented Fighter subs Hunter.

Fix: Boost damage of all Hunter & Fighter weapons by maybe 30%, then remove a few skills from the Fury Stance tree. Removing Fury Stance Up 2 and either Fury Combo Up or both JA Bonuses would be great (Depending on if you want multipliers with Fury Stance disabled, or if you want a multiplier that works for techs). This frees up 20-30 SP, and that's all Hunter needs to get a support skill, JG/JC, Step/JR, and each gear.
    If they did it that way, I would be quite happy. Hunter has some really awesome defensive abilities, but a lot of people shy away from them since they'll have to sacrifice some of the fury stance skills (because lol DPS). They should also move the gear skills so it's not so damn awkward to get all of them, haha.

I'm currently at 62 on my Hunter tree, and I currently pretty much just log in to do whatever EQ's I can and maybe do some AQ runs with my team if they're up to it. It's almost painful to play as when you're coming from any other class.

Killing fury skills will in no way make up for a 30% increase in hunter/fighter damage. Ever.

They'd just become weaker and force will become master class again.

It needs to be in the 70% to maybe as far as 100% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Rien View Post
    Killing fury skills will in no way make up for a 30% increase in hunter/fighter damage. Ever.

They'd just become weaker and force will become master class again.

It needs to be in the 70% to maybe as far as 100% increase.
    Let's see what Fury Stance Up 2, Fury Combo Up, and both JA Bonuses are

FSU2: 10%
    FCU: 20%
    JAB: 10% each

Removing FSU2 & FCU: 1.1*1.2=1.32
    Removing FSU2 & JAB1&2: 1.1*1.1*1.1=1.331

Hmm.

Yes, you're right, a 30% boost to base attack modifiers would in fact not make up for that loss of damage. I guess it would have to be 33.1%.

Quote Originally Posted by serenade View Post
    Good stuff. Still waiting on my Tornado Dance buff.
    They are buffing lvl 16 Tornado Dance, lvl 16 Over End, and lvl 16 Slide End in this patch, dunno if you knew that or not.

The crafting system hasn't gotten much of my interest so far, but maybe some of these new recipes will do the trick. I'm not holding my breath though.