Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Let's see what Fury Stance Up 2, Fury Combo Up, and both JA Bonuses are

FSU2: 10%
    FCU: 20%
    JAB: 10% each

Removing FSU2 & FCU: 1.1*1.2=1.32
    Removing FSU2 & JAB1&2: 1.1*1.1*1.1=1.331

Hmm.

Yes, you're right, a 30% boost to base attack modifiers would in fact not make up for that loss of damage. I guess it would have to be 33.1%.
    And don't forget melee in itself still needs a buff to keep up, excluding Shunka (which is getting a nerf).
    Last edited by Rien; Apr 11, 2014 at 09:46 AM.

Let's see what Fury Stance Up 2, Fury Combo Up, and both JA Bonuses are

FSU2: 10%
    FCU: 20%
    JAB: 10% each

Removing FSU2 & FCU: 1.1*1.2=1.32
    Removing FSU2 & JAB1&2: 1.1*1.1*1.1=1.331

Hmm.

Yes, you're right, a 30% boost to base attack modifiers would in fact not make up for that loss of damage. I guess it would have to be 33.1%.
    I think the point he was making is that you'd make Gu/Br/Fi classes weaker, keep Hu pretty much where it's at now, and Force would be unaffected for the most part, which might tweak the balance a little much.

Balancing an RPG is like some kind of crazy tightrope act.

I don't mean to highjack a thread here, but come on guys

Fix: Boost damage of all Hunter & Fighter weapons by maybe 30%, then remove a few skills from the Fury Stance tree. Removing Fury Stance Up 2 and either Fury Combo Up or both JA Bonuses would be great (Depending on if you want multipliers with Fury Stance disabled, or if you want a multiplier that works for techs). This frees up 20-30 SP, and that's all Hunter needs to get a support skill, JG/JC, Step/JR, and each gear.
    Hunter and fighter. While "boost weapons" might suggest boosting weapon atk, no, that is not what I meant. I meant to boost all attacks, as I've said numerous times in numerous threads. The plan is the same in each one.

I know how video games work. This isn't my first one.

PSOW: Tiny miniscule detail nitpickers and entire idea disregarders anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post
    I think the point he was making is that you'd make Gu/Br/Fi classes weaker, keep Hu pretty much where it's at now, and Force would be unaffected for the most part, which might tweak the balance a little much.

Balancing an RPG is like some kind of crazy tightrope act.
    Uh, yeah, that was the intent.

All of Hu/Fi/Ra/Gu/Br would be more balanced between each other that way.

Is that bad?
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Uh, yeah, that was the intent.

All of Hu/Fi/Ra/Gu/Br would be more balanced between each other that way.

Is that bad?
    As long as the balance with Fo/Te still make sense, yeah that's great. It sounded to me like he was saying that Fo would be OP if those changes were made. I don't know enough about their damages to really agree or disagree with that idea, I was just pointing it out. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Well it's still a valid point. Force has been trying to compete with inferior subclass options like Fighter or Braver. Its own tree alone was incredibly powerful, but it couldn't exactly sub itself, much like a Hunter main.

If you nerf Fury Stance (and adjust Hunter itself to compensate) then every other class is in the exact same boat. Suddenly a Hunter sub is comparable to a Fighter or Braver sub, or Ranger or Gunner where applicable.

Anything that used to require Fury Stance to compete now has other viable options just like Force did before. Except now Force has way too many stackable bonuses in its own tree. Ranger too, but so much is conditional that it sort of balances out.

Honestly Techer should have gotten Talis Tech and Element Conversion, but neither should be main class only.
    PSO2 Trivia:

Yeah, techer already leaned towards using the talis as its teching weapon.

But now we're veering into a whole different discussion, about classes having pre-decided roles and that new skills should help point the classes in the direction of those roles.

They're kind of just throwing everything at the dart board and hoping things stick.

But could you imagine if subbing Techer gave you 50% more damage with a rainbow palette of weapons? Like Hu/Te being a real thing.

And Fo/Te being a competent caster.
    PSO2 Trivia:

So, do we know the new exp cap?
    It was shown in the video shortly after ナギサ got a level up. new exp cap is roughly 29,945,000.
    Last edited by Atmius; Apr 11, 2014 at 10:47 AM.

Why would they buff up Overend when my cousin at level 35 can hit 2k-11k damage with each hit?