Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine2009 View Post
    they are still things, just not as popular as shunka spam and flip 2 win because they require more effort
    I take offense on flip 2 win because I actually try to diversify my pallete not just flip and IF for easy spam. Gunner requires a good amount of skill to get the most damage out of it especially when you start using messiah time mistime it and expect to get punished severely. Shunka is a joke it never should have been added since even the dumbest of people get higher dps than the rest of the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampy View Post
    I take offense on flip 2 win because I actually try to diversify my pallete not just flip and IF for easy spam. Gunner requires a good amount of skill to get the most damage out of it especially when you start using messiah time mistime it and expect to get punished severely. Shunka is a joke it never should have been added since even the dumbest of people get higher dps than the rest of the classes.

Use all the PAs you want, flipping first is double damage and not doing it for the sake of diversity is just gimping yourself.
    PSO2 Info -
    Ship 2 ID - SociableT
    Character - Myria (FoTenewearl 46/26)
    View "The Official Build Thread 2.0" for info on classes, skill trees and character build advice!

^ exactly, while gunner definitely uses a good variety of PAs(4-5 see regular use which is more than most other classes can say) you cannot deny that flipping before them is a good idea considering the ridiculous multiplier for it

I flip for that reason but it bothers me how people take the flip as this godly thing. Without it gunners damage is joke. But that was not what I was getting at because what I got from their post is all you need to do is flip and you are good to go. Sure IF is good and all but it has such limited uses and most "gunners" only spam IF. It bothers me because the flip only helps improve gunners damage but isn't the only reason it's so strong it has big pool of PAs to choose from. I am a main gunner and have seen it go from a laughable class to a really good one. I just feel there is a lot of bias against gunners just because we have an "OP" flip my mag is maxed and run a decently affixed set. Yet I still struggle sometimes when a force or braverae around at times part of it has to do with builds the other is how good the player is. I don't want gunners SrollJA to be nerfed because that may severely criple it next time we get a difficulty increase. My issue is these idiots that only know how to just do one button press to plow through enemies should not have to affect us who do play the classes to their fullest extent. I will say shunka is ridiculously strong and should have been weaker from the start. The srollJA should remain as is and if in ultimate it still puts gunners at an unfair advantage then it should be nerfed then not before since that is where a good amount of damage is coming from.

Seeing how force got the short end of the stick for most of SH I don't want that to happen again with any class not just gunner. I'm not saying nerfs are a bad thing but in a series like this I feel it's best plan ahead and play test every aspect of the game before buffing or nerfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    please dont
    Oh, yeah. Sorry.
    Only use Tower Defense for EXP if you're powerful/skilled/effective.
    I've been using it to level Ranger from 50 to 60, and I usually feel that I'm making a pretty significant difference.
    WB, one-shotting bosses, preventing bosses/enemies from humping walls, etc. I have good gear too, so that helps.
    I hate feeling useless in TD. Makes it boring as hell, too.

But that was not what I was getting at because what I got from their post is all you need to do is flip and you are good to go.
    Yeah. It's more than just flipping.
    Gunner is easier to be effective than other classes, but that doesn't mean that people won't still play like crap.
    Like those weirdos who still juggle everything in the sky, so that nobody else can assist.
    That's partly SEGA's fault for bad game design, though.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Apr 17, 2014 at 10:29 AM.

The srollJA should remain as is and if in ultimate it still puts gunners at an unfair advantage then it should be nerfed then not before since that is where a good amount of damage is coming from.

Seeing how force got the short end of the stick for most of SH I don't want that to happen again with any class not just gunner. I'm not saying nerfs are a bad thing but in a series like this I feel it's best plan ahead and play test every aspect of the game before buffing or nerfing.
    RIP 50% Talis Tech Bonus

Absolutely unnecessary in VH, sorely missed in SH

But all an SRoll nerf would do is put more focus on ZRA+PK again.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

What I don't like about the Stylish Roll is it effectively limits other ways to play Gunner.
    There's virtually no point in having more than one PA per slot, for example. Or using PAs outside of flips.
    It just feels like terrible game design.

Well, the game is filled with stuff like that, though.
    They need to add decent alternative paths.
    For example, to counter Standing Snipe, they could give players a skill for massive damage boost to headshots done whilst moving.
    But it still feels like they're desperately trying to add gameplay depth by rewarding players for jumping through hoops.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Apr 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Can the newer PAs be bought at all? I can't find them in through the item search, but I don't know if there are any under the rarity limit. I was looking for any rank of Satellite Cannon/Backhand Smash/Bloody Sarabande just to try them out. I've been told that nearly nobody uses Sneak Shooter anymore, and I have no idea which PAs on Launcher are still decent.

On the TD thing, the first thing I did when I had logged in was a VH TD. I thought why not try it lol. Wasn't pretty, no clue what I was doing and I died more than I'd like to admit... since then, I've been sticking to using Ra/Hu for now in higher level EQs while I learn to solo again using Knuckles on Fi/Hu.

Quote Originally Posted by omgwtflolbbl View Post
    Can the newer PAs be bought at all? I can't find them in through the item search, but I don't know if there are any under the rarity limit. I was looking for any rank of Satellite Cannon/Backhand Smash/Bloody Sarabande just to try them out. I've been told that nearly nobody uses Sneak Shooter anymore, and I have no idea which PAs on Launcher are still decent.

On the TD thing, the first thing I did when I had logged in was a VH TD. I thought why not try it lol. Wasn't pretty, no clue what I was doing and I died more than I'd like to admit... since then, I've been sticking to using Ra/Hu for now in higher level EQs while I learn to solo again using Knuckles on Fi/Hu.
    Uh, yeah, you can pretty much find any PA up to lvl 10 on player shops.

Also...learning to solo with knuckles? Did you read anything I typed? O_o

On the solo Knuckle thing, it's mainly to learn timings and boss moves again. When I use a weapon that can block to learn I find it makes me way too lax with my timing and positioning for when I take a weapon without a block. Since I feel like Knuckle sway has the tightest requirement on its invuln (and I find them fun in general), I'd learn timings again using that. I shouldn't be having troubles doing things like swaying Quartz or stepping through Wolg or turtle if I used to be able to do it, and I can't anymore and my sense of timing is really bad in general now. It's not like I am going to disregard every other weapon, I just want to learn to stop sucking and not get hit by everything again lol. I don't want to be someone who is dependent on getting carried by their gear setup. I used to be a really heavy Monster Hunter player so I have the mindset of "don't get hit, hit it 'til it dies" pretty ingrained in me, and I'm kind of failing at the "don't get hit" part and its frustrating.

I read through your whole post (multiple times actually) and I'm really thankful you took the time to write it out.

On the PA thing, I went to the jp wiki and copy/pasted those names and found the PAs. Before I was using the english and japanese names on Cirnopedia, which while it works for some things like costumes doesn't seem to for others like the new PAs (at least, the ones that Cirnopedia has listed).

Edit: Is there any way to save weapon palettes yet (for when you swich classes and stuff)?
    Last edited by omgwtflolbbl; Apr 17, 2014 at 09:15 PM.