Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default rare drops & names

I've been getting nothing but hunter weapons in the rare category. Does PSO2 have a relation between character name and rare drop types like it did in PSO1?

Are you playing Hunter? You get an extra roll on rares usable by your class.

It could also be the enemy and stage you are hunting on.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

baby first RNG
    welcome to PSO2 new person

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenPlate View Post
    I've been getting nothing but hunter weapons in the rare category. Does PSO2 have a relation between character name and rare drop types like it did in PSO1?
    To answer your question.. no not at all. It's the same drop table for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenPlate View Post
    -RNG first.
    -Depends on what monster you are hunting.
    -Everyone gets their own individual drops (so no stealing drops from each other).
    -Your main class gives you an extra roll for rares usable by your class from bosses (in other words, your main class increases the rare drop rate of any rare weapons that the boss drops that your class can use.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Are you playing Hunter? You get an extra roll on rares usable by your class.
    This only applies to bosses.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; Apr 18, 2014 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks for the clarity Striker.

I secretly believe there's some form of Section ID system buried deep in the game, because I get all kinds of rares for fighter, but I rarely ever get guns.

Hell I've gotten three Meteor Fist lv16s in 2 runs of Sanctum, but not a single Satellite Cannon disk in about 12 runs of Tunnels.

Not to mention my library list of Daggers/Fists/DoubleSabers are considerably longer than any other weapon type in the game. (Still no Guld Milla drop, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    I secretly believe there's some form of Section ID system buried deep in the game, because I get all kinds of rares for fighter, but I rarely ever get guns.

Hell I've gotten three Meteor Fist lv16s in 2 runs of Sanctum, but not a single Satellite Cannon disk in about 12 runs of Tunnels.

Not to mention my library list of Daggers/Fists/DoubleSabers are considerably longer than any other weapon type in the game. (Still no Guld Milla drop, btw)
    Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    -RNG first.
    -Main class only affects what PAs will appear more often and not their drop rates.

its the desire sensor, the game knows what kinda drops you want and will go out of its way to drop everything but that