Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Godfuckingdamnit fix your stupid prepatcher already so I don't have to put up with this shit, Sega!
    Sega sincerely apologizes for forcing you to put up with large amounts of free new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Macman View Post
    Godfuckingdamnit fix your stupid prepatcher already so I don't have to put up with this shit, Sega!
    "Okay we fixed it"
    *prepatcher deletes FFXIV again*

I don't see why you people are bandwagoning against him. Its perfectly reasonable to desire to be able to download the patch before hand since a lot of big games let people do it now. I'm not someone who does have download speed issues, but for the large amount of people that do I wouldn't want them to have to worry about getting the patch downloaded in a reasonable time span. A lot of the game's audience may live in places where they don't have access to better internet like college dorms etc.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowth117 View Post
    I don't see why you people are bandwagoning against him. Its perfectly reasonable to desire to be able to download the patch before hand since a lot of big games let people do it now. I'm not someone who does have download speed issues, but for the large amount of people that do I wouldn't want them to have to worry about getting the patch downloaded in a reasonable time span. A lot of the game's audience may live in places where they don't have access to better internet like college dorms etc.
    Imagine that a friend gives you one dollar every day. One day, he gives you a bag so full of money that it's almost too heavy for you to even drag home. Do you complain about having to drag that huge bag of money home?

Yeah seriously, preloading is a standard thing for a lot of games, especially for patches as large as 3.5 gigs :/

I get that PS fans are sheltered from quality games but seriously, there are limits.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    I get that PS fans are sheltered from quality games but seriously, there are limits.
    GDI Giga, I nearly spat out my drink I laughed at this so hard.

Still half choking. Bleh.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Imagine that a friend gives you one dollar every day. One day, he gives you a bag so full of money that it's almost too heavy for you to even drag home. Do you complain about having to drag that huge bag of money home?
    That's.... really not the same. If in this situation, you got a insanely heavy bag of money, you have incentive to drag it home even it's almost too heavy.

Wanting to play a game when the servers go up but unable to because of a huge patch is a different thing, considering sega have had a work-around it in the past with the pre-downloader, it's frustrating to those not with huge download speeds, or stable connections from abroad.

I swear people bash other people around here just for the sake of it nowdays
    Pso2 - Ship2: Proud manager of team Celestial
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Loading tunnels have gone from 10-15 seconds down to 2-3 seconds and the normal lobby stuttering mess is buttery smooth currently.
    This must be some kind of glitch, I refuse to believe Sega have finally fixed this game's horrible performance problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    When Sega starts giving me money then we'll talk, until then your metaphor falls flat.

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

You know I wouldn't be surprise if Sega pins the blame on dataminers for the reason of no prepatches.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnd View Post
    That's.... really not the same. If in this situation, you got a insanely heavy bag of money, you have incentive to drag it home even it's almost too heavy.

Wanting to play a game when the servers go up but unable to because of a huge patch is a different thing, considering sega have had a work-around it in the past with the pre-downloader, it's frustrating to those not with huge download speeds, or stable connections from abroad.

I swear people bash other people around here just for the sake of it nowdays
    Yup.

A better analogy would be this:

You're renting a place for a great price (It's not actually free, since the water and power are off unless you pay for premium).

The landlord shows up and goes "Hey, great news, I'm upgrading the flat! It'll take 6 hours for it to be ready. You'll love it! We're adding labcoats in the closet and putting a new chapter in the books you've never read."

Then when you say "But I want to go to sleep" your idiot neighbor yells at you that you should just be happy you're getting free things you'll never use.

tl;dr

Spoiler!