Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question PSO 2 Western Release???

Hey everyone,

I used to be a frequent visitor and occasional poster on this site. When PSU was running its course and dying down I lost a lot of interest and stopped playing. I am a HUUGGEE fan of the original PSO dating back to the dreamcast. When I had heard PSO2 was announced and coming to the US I was insanely excited. News seemed to be trickling out at a decent rate and the excitement on this site was palpable. Then, one day we got the news that the western release was postponed and since then I haven't heard much of anything. For that reason, I stopped checking the site frequently. I'm not here to complain, but to ask if anyone can succenctly explain if the game is indeed making its way over here? I know, I should comb through the forums for an answer but it's been so long since I last checked and I don't really have the patience to go searching myself. It was my hope that someone who has followed these events more closely the last few years might be able to give the casual fan an update.

So, let me thank everyone up front for any available info and let me apologize for not looking up the answer myself. I'm of the understanding it is reasonably easy to join the Japanese version but I honestly have no patience trying to figure that out and I don't have a ton of time to devote to playing games anymore and would appreciate the convenience of a fully translated game.

Again, thank you everyone!

-Long time PSO fan

The Western Release of PSO2's official status is "It's delayed" meaning from what we know it's still coming, just delayed. Nothing else has been really said about the Western version, as SEGA has been pretty quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by lantis-zagato View Post
    Hey everyone,

I used to be a frequent visitor and occasional poster on this site. When PSU was running its course and dying down I lost a lot of interest and stopped playing. I am a HUUGGEE fan of the original PSO dating back to the dreamcast. When I had heard PSO2 was announced and coming to the US I was insanely excited. News seemed to be trickling out at a decent rate and the excitement on this site was palpable. Then, one day we got the news that the western release was postponed and since then I haven't heard much of anything. For that reason, I stopped checking the site frequently. I'm not here to complain, but to ask if anyone can succenctly explain if the game is indeed making its way over here? I know, I should comb through the forums for an answer but it's been so long since I last checked and I don't really have the patience to go searching myself. It was my hope that someone who has followed these events more closely the last few years might be able to give the casual fan an update.

So, let me thank everyone up front for any available info and let me apologize for not looking up the answer myself. I'm of the understanding it is reasonably easy to join the Japanese version but I honestly have no patience trying to figure that out and I don't have a ton of time to devote to playing games anymore and would appreciate the convenience of a fully translated game.

Again, thank you everyone!

-Long time PSO fan
    Short answer...

Don't hold your breath.

Long Answer...

Nobody really knows anything more than "It's been delayed", since SoA made that announcement going on two years ago now. Most have assumed it's been cancelled and just joined up on the Japanese version. There are patches available to pretty much put the whole experience in English for you so it shouldn't really be inconvenient at all.

My advice (if you're itching to play it), would be to simply play it. Look in the "Tweaker" topic and get your download going (completely in English), and start getting acquainted with its functions. You'll probably rarely ever have to worry about the fact it's a Japanese version unless you're seeking to purchase AC, and even then there are many methods available for you to do so.

SEA version will be released in a couple of months. There will likely be IP blocks. Translation is so bad that they were considering redoing it.

The NA version hasn't shown up in any gaming conventions for about a year now I think. No updates on their website or fanpage. Absolutely nothing from the staff.

The JP version is fully translated with the patcher, and people have no problem playing the game while knowing absolutely no japanese. There's also a large enough community in Ship 2 that it's not hard to find English players anywhere. It's gotten to the point where some JP players are complaining that we're taking over.

Thanks for the quick replies! I suppose I haven't really missed much then. A man can always dream I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by holmwood View Post
    SEA version will be released in a couple of months. There will likely be IP blocks. Translation is so bad that they were considering redoing it.

The NA version hasn't shown up in any gaming conventions for about a year now I think. No updates on their website or fanpage. Absolutely nothing from the staff.

The JP version is fully translated with the patcher, and people have no problem playing the game while knowing absolutely no japanese. There's also a large enough community in Ship 2 that it's not hard to find English players anywhere. It's gotten to the point where some JP players are complaining that we're taking over.
    That's good to know! If I ever get a new computer I might actually consider going this route. Thanks for the heads up.

It has been over 2 years since the US version was announced. Over a year since it was "delayed". About the only thing that could save it in the US now is a PS4/Vita release of it. I would love that!

I doubt they will put the PC version in the US since tons of US players are already playing the Japanese version anyway.

What is its subscription status in Japan? Free to play or is there a monthly fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    It has been over 2 years since the US version was announced. Over a year since it was "delayed". About the only thing that could save it in the US now is a PS4/Vita release of it. I would love that!

I doubt they will put the PC version in the US since tons of US players are already playing the Japanese version anyway.

What is it's subscription status in Japan? Free to play or is there a monthly fee?
    F2P with a "premium" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    F2P with a "premium" option.
    Then I guess I need to investigate the translated version. I have dragged my feet for years and this seems to be my only way.

I have 4 year old i7 Intel laptop with 4gb of RAM. Would that be enough power?

On low settings you should be able to run the game. Check with the benchmark character creator, that's the best way to be sure.