Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Before Nintendo pulls the plug on Wifi

So how many active PS0 players are there? I recently cleared all my save data, to play the game from scratch. Was hoping the player base online was still there, as unlikely as it would be, haven't encountered anyone, but then again I have yet to unlock the higher difficulties as of posting this.

Just wanted to know, maybe pull together one last online play before Nintendo ends "Nintendo Wifi Connection".
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

I plan on putting together a "final event", though I have been too lazy with fixing the router settings so I can play. I recommend checking out the group Final Fantasy Zero led by Chaos Rappy.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Oh thanks, I'll check out that group.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

AKA Sapphire of Chaos Chaos Rappy's Avatar

May 11 until the wifi shuts down, all persons capable of logging into PSZ's online are requested to do so if they can, so that we can enjoy what little of this magnificent piece we have left until the shutdown. You can check with my FPZ group to see our big list of FC's to add, and add your FC to our list for us to add, so that we may be able to play together, at least once. I love making personal appearances with other newer players to this game, mostly so I can dump off my hoards of rare loot that I don't get much use of that is clogging my banks up [my HUnewearl's Trunks and inventory are completely full, in fact...].
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rappy View Post
    I've been a statistical exception as far as anything has proven to me.
    That's an understatement...
    ~Keeper of 1000 Rappy Souls~
    TSV's: X - 0401, Y - 0845, AS - 1277

Joined the Rappy group, I will be looking to play any day people are available from now until closing really =)

For the purpose of obtaining the Heaven's Element, which achievements are online only? I just wanted to make sure I have all of those before the plug is pulled.

Thanks!

Anything with trading and commentating, iirc. Chaining is also basically impossible offline, so... that.

I'm thinking about picking up a 2nd copy to play local wireless multiplayer with my room mate and neighbor. They're big PSO fans, but I can't get them to play PSO2 with me at all. It might be a nice change of pace from our monthly PSO1 nights.

Does anyone know if the Japanese and North American cartridges can play local multiplayer together? It seems the Japanese carts are much cheaper on eBay and Amazon.

Yes, they can.

Quote Originally Posted by MidCap View Post
    For the purpose of obtaining the Heaven's Element, which achievements are online only? I just wanted to make sure I have all of those before the plug is pulled.

Thanks!
    There are 4-6 titles you'll have to either get online with Wifi or at least DS wireless play to obtain:

#1 - "Team Member": Play in multiplayer mode. Connect with someone else and you've got it. That's all.
    #2 - "Commentator": Chat 100 times. Just put something in the chat-box and hit 'send' over and over. You can do this in about 2 minutes.
    #3 - "Mag Trader": Trade a Mag. Just use a newly bought or Paru Mag. Trade it to someone else, then have them trade it right back, and you're done.
    #4 - "Chain Hero": Reach 25+ in a single chain. Technically possible to do offline, but very difficult since your NPC's don't coordinate very well. Much easier with an actual group.
    #5 - "Chain Master": Reach 50+ in a single chain. Same as "Chain Hero", but virtually impossible to do offline.
    #6 - "Completionist": Complete all 99 other Titles. You'll have to get the other titles listed here (plus all the rest) to get this.

There are also the 10 "Collect the ____ weapon" titles. Some of them are fairly easy to find on your own, but some such as the Lavis Kanon and Al Azif are much harder to get. If you can find someone who has them, doing a trade/trade-back will catalog the item and get you the title with minimal effort.
    Last edited by Nick O'Demus; May 9, 2014 at 02:28 AM.
    F.C. #1 - 0346-1712-9688
    F.C. #2 - 3953-9438-3932

Time Zone - U.S. Central

Trade List - http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175354