Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Ranger fun stuff

Lots to talk about here but I'll just focus on some particularly fun stuff.

-Divine Launcher not only fully justifies its PP cost finally, but it actually does respectable if not somewhat crazy body shot damage (with just Shifta Drink on, I'm seeing around 14k with Standing and without Sharp and 17k with both; I'm thinking 20k+ is very reasonably possible)
    -Sharp Shooter's range... is really fuckin' generous. The best way to put it is that it kicks in at about Cluster Bullet's minimum range. Here's a visual I got lucky with landing to better show it:
    Spoiler!

The rappy on the left got the Sharp Shooter bonus while the rappy on the right did not.

-The combination of both. I'm seeing 45k (same set of boosts, or lack thereof) with Standing + Sharp. I don't know at what point this extra damage even matters. That's just excessive.

How's stuff like the firing rate and sanicing rolling?

How much better is the firing speed of launchers?

That was probably their biggest issue, and I haven't gotten to test it yet.

Irregularities ahead!!! Shinmarizu's Avatar

Oh dear god. My bro and I noted that all but two of the Launcher and Rifle PAs got damage boosts and/or PP reductions... but the numbers you're mentioning are just plain stupid.

Launchers fire slightly faster with shorter recovery time. Moreso with Rifle. Dive roll also got a slightly shortened recovery time.

PSO2: Lorilae / Durandal / Rook (Ship 2)
    PSO2 ID: nimbusalexander

dive roll is as shit as ever, at least on twin mechs
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Dive roll for Twin Mechs hasn't been changed. It still has that long ass pause.
    The pause is gone from Rifle and Launcher (even though it's the same goddamn thing).
    Feels more natural now, but still a little stiff.

Speed changes:
    - Regular rifle shot is much faster.
    - Diffuse Shot startup is much faster (but prob still too slow to compete with melee).
    - Grenade Shell and One Point startup are also much faster.
    - Sneak Shooter seems exactly the same as before.
    - I think Parallel Slider and Glory Rain are the same as before.
    - Impact Slider might actually be slower. Maybe it's just me, but it seems to travel less distance?

- Launcher regular shot doesn't seem much faster. Very minimal difference, as far as I can tell.
    - Rodeo Drive seems the same to me.
    - Cosmo Breaker's loading animation seems a little faster?
    - Crazy Smash and Fake Silhouette seem about the same to me.
    - Cluster Bullet startup loading and shot firing feels faster, by maybe 25%?
    - Divine Launcher still takes a while to come out.
    - Concentrate One's projectiles are faster than Divine Launcher, but it may have always been that way.
    - Flame Bullet and Zero Distance come out a lot faster.

Haven't tried any damage changes yet.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Apr 23, 2014 at 06:17 AM.

and here I thought we could cancel the delay between dive rolls so that we can Sanic dive roll dash.

Dive Roll doesn't have the idiotic standing nonsense lasting as long. The invincibility is as abysmal as ever, but it really helps RA mobility to not be stuck in place for anything nearly as long now. Launchers are somewhat faster, nothing amazing but it helps. Rifles have the most noticeable improvements in firing speed. Diffuse, Piercing, and Grenade in particular load up and show the JA ring so much faster now.

Some of the most notable damage jumps include Divine (as said, it's fucking bonkers and only outmatched by Concentrate One), Flame Bullet (don't need RNG bullshit to make it good too!), Cluster Bullet (so it's not completely outclassed), and Sneak Shooter (also with 20PP cost now as well). The proper curves of PA levels makes RA less dependent on RNG bullshit in general which alongside their further increased power will almost certainly make them more abundant.

Also, leave it to Sega to not somehow make Dive Roll's properties universal.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    Also, leave it to Sega to not somehow make Dive Roll's properties universal.
    Step is different between weapons as well so it's not THAT strange. It's not like mech guns needed it anyway.

True, just seems odd is all.

And the more I work with Sharp Shooter, the more ridiculous it seems calling it that. It's like shooting a car in the garage. From your driveway. With an RPG. That's the range and leeway you have. Not really a Sharp Shooter.