Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No idea where you're getting the prices for on the games, but the prices range from $30-$40 like 3DS games. Importing a game is different and is entirely based on the supplier.

Only pricing discrepancy is the Vita being $200 along with the a memory card adding into the total pricing(ranging from $18 for a measly 4GB up to $100+ for a 64GB card), while a 3DS (or a 2DS in this example) is $130 up to $200 for an XL and even with that you can by third party memory cards at a lower cost than what Sony wants you to buy.
    Last edited by blace; May 4, 2014 at 04:35 AM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by blace View Post
    No idea where you're getting the prices for on the games, but the prices range from $30-$40 like 3DS games. Importing a game is different and is entirely based on the supplier.

Only pricing discrepancy is the Vita being $200 along with the a memory card adding into the total pricing(ranging from $18 for a measly 4GB up to $100+ for a 64GB card), while a 3DS (or a 2DS in this example) is $130 up to $200 for an XL and even with that you can by third party memory cards at a lower cost than what Sony wants you to buy.
    Ah, I got those $50-70 prices from seeing their PS Vita game advertisement in magazines, where they list the yen price in the bottom in tiny text, but also a bit of rounding up since it usually tends to cost more USD-wise to buy things that cost Yen... >.<

A friend mentioned being able to just download the games free, but, well even though I don't normally have a problem against piracy, I feel strongly enough for this very niche category that I wouldn't want to pirate them if possible. Plus it sounds so risky, I would not want to risk damage to the device.

And yeah, the memory card bit kind of scares me off too...

I haven't had to get any additional for my 3DS XL though, so that's good. I guess because I only have a few downloaded games/demos/apps.
    Last edited by Vetur; May 4, 2014 at 04:50 AM.
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

It's also easier to replace in the long run as well in terms of pricing and having to deal with Sony's bullshit policy of limiting the number of handheld systems that can be tied to an account.

Even now where the PSP is dying here in the west, that still amounts to the handheld limit Sony has in place. You have to unlink every single console just to conform with that policy.
    Last edited by blace; May 4, 2014 at 04:52 AM.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

And if say.....those consoles you were linked to died in some drastic way that bars you access to the system in order to conduct an unlinking?

You

Are

Slagged.

Especially if many of the games you owned were paid for downloads from PSN. Kiss them all good bye.

I had to.

Sony, for the most part, has always been about market skimming though. Not sure if they will ever change their methods

If you saw Extra Credits' video about the vita the other, they made an interesting point. The gist of it was that it was too powerful for its own good, and the development costs were its biggest problem. I agree with this, along with points others have made here about memory cards etc. That being said, I still love mine.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

And here I thought the Vita was the best thing that ever happened to Sony. What with the PSP having the weakest third party support of all time.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    And here I thought the Vita was the best thing that ever happened to Sony. What with the PSP having the weakest third party support of all time.
    Except for Monster Hunter, anyways.

I'm debating picking up a Vita anyways, since it does have a nice RPG selection.
    Coming Soon!