Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advice for Forces (or Techers) regarding bosses

Lately I have been playing my force a lot more and am thinking of maining him too, but there's something bugging me... My katana Braver doesn't have near as excellent mobbing ability as my Force when it comes to groups of regular monsters(even with Kanran due to low PP), but when it comes to bosses, he totally beats my Force at killing them quickly.

So, what I mainly want to ask for is advice on killing bosses faster with a Force/Techer character.

I haven't maxed any elemental mastery skills yet, but I am kind of wondering if a Lightning/Dark build would be any good since I use those two elements the most.

As it is now, I am mostly using Il Megid because for some reason it does more damage than most of my techniques like say, Sazan does to a boss weak against wind... Am I doing something wrong, or is Il Megid just that strong? Though, even with it, it takes me long to kill a boss of my level, so I end up having to kite for what seems like hours(that's an exaggeration) before it finally dies... at which point, I am pooped and need to take a break between every boss. >.<

The only stronger techniques I have are Il Foie and Na Megid, which I really don't like to use on faster bosses since they move so much or are too fast, along with the slow cast time that often gets me knocked out. Na Foie is good damage-wise, but for things like the Banthers it often misses and wastes my PP, so again I use Il Megid there... but is it really wrong to use Il Megid for every boss?
    I have heard some people complain about Il Megid spamming ruining it for parties, so I don't know if it's a good idea to keep doing it this way.

For bosses weak against Lightning, I tend to either use a mix of Zondeel, Sazonde, and Ilzonde... or Il Megid if they move too much. >_>

Also, for the Zondeel ignite... does it matter which lightning technique I use to activate it? Like will using a higher level Ilzonde make the Zondeel do more damage than a low level Zonde, or does it not matter? Is it just dependent on Zondeel's level?

If it helps, my force is currently at level 47, with his techer subclass at level 33.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Vetur; May 3, 2014 at 07:53 PM.
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

Il Megid is just rather overpowered compared to other techs.

The typical way to kill bosses outside of specialized builds is to use Na Megid, though. You can use it on pretty much any boss with the right positioning and timing (Even the Banthers), and from my experience, it does more DPS then lightning techs will even if you're not specced for it.

Currently, the absolute fastest method of killing bosses is to use uncharged Il Barta spam in conjunction with an Elysion and PP Convert, but that requires a specialized Mag if you're not a Dewman.
    Last edited by Rakurai; May 4, 2014 at 03:12 PM.

Nabarta? lol...

Ilbarta is your best bet for killing most bosses quickly especially ones with target-able weakpoints or infection points. Namegid is still useful situationally, same with Nafoie. Tranmizer probably one of the only exceptions (power crafted Sazonde is really good for him).

Oh, I have been wanting to buy Il Barta, but then it's so expensive to buy any that aren't level 1, so I wondered if it'd lower over time or something. >.<

I am sure that would help so much for things like Vol Dragon too.
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

Buy lv 1 with 1 photon crystal...

If you're low on cash, you can always complete Time Attack client orders with a buddy.

For banthers, na megid is very doable. Just keep maximum distance and you'll be fine.

But I support il barta all the way. With techer's pp restorate, being able to stack the full 7 casts is a breeze.

Just buy the level 1 if you're low on cash. It'll help you out immensely with soloing TACO to have enough meseta to buy higher level ones.
    Last edited by holmwood; May 4, 2014 at 11:58 AM.

I guess if level 1 is really that good, I could spare to get it.
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

10 photon drops (1 dot item) become 1 Photon Crystal.
    thats how much you pay for il barta lvl 1 in the photondrop shop upstairs (the girl to the left; where you trade in Falz Stones for weapons)

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Ah, I ended up buying the level 9 one from the player shop.
    The level 10 one was twice as much, though.

So far I like it, it is pretty relaxed on PP, compared to stuff like Na Foie, and it looks to deal a huge amount of damage on those uhh... what are they called. Those red blinking attachment things on the red version of boss monsters? XD And Vol Dragon.
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

the tumors? Infection points?
    they have a weakness to Ice as well so thats why it does more damage as well.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."