Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast

That was in response to everyone's confusion over what breaking the clock means.

Dunno why you're mentioning the actual status effect mirage causes.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    That was in response to everyone's confusion over what breaking the clock means.

Dunno why you're mentioning the actual status effect mirage causes.
    I don't know why I'm mentioning what a status effect has done since it was added to the game, to literally every single other enemy it can infect in the entire game barring only Malluda either.

I mean, how could people be confused that Mirage is used to stun DF Luther if it's never been known for its stun effects before, they have no idea what the hell is going on in the fight, they can't even see his core is open because he's turned away from half the MPA, and after DF Elder's hands and DF Elder himself are weak to the same SE then Mirage is used on DF Luther while Panic is the SE to use on Apos Drios (and it's much more obvious since he's much smaller and there's a visible graphic, the same one you see on any other panicked enemy).

It's totally intuitive and obvious that you would do Mirage, that it wouldn't do what it normally does, and it's not at all still an obscure fact to many people what Mirage even does to begin with.

Hm. Why did I do that...

People are pretty dense when it comes to breaking the crystals.

Even when I WB them repeatedly, I usually see only one or two players bothering to target them instead of the core.

How much does it actually weaken him by, though? The homing projectiles did ~160 damage to me after breaking them on my Ra/Hu setup, but I never got hit by one of them beforehand so I don't have any comparison.

It's for the extra drops, not so much the damage reduction, but his projectiles went from 440 damage to 120 after I broke them.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    It is 100% impossible to break the clock without Mirage, and it takes reduced damage compared to normal hitzones, so it's very unlikely that your MPA was actually doing substantial damage to him.

I guess the phrasing "break" is confusing people. Basically, when the clock is affected by Mirage, it opens up. Breaking it doesn't actually cause any physical damage to the clock itself, rather, I guess it's closer to jamming it. Gameplaywise, it's obviously a break, but aesthetically, jamming would probably be a better description of it.
    Thanks for clearing that up. Mirage wasn't even mentioned in my multiparty so that's probably why we failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmanshii View Post
    Was on that mpa too, saw you dead but ran out of moons. I think next time I'll just go back to campship and buy some after dying...
    I wanted to break that MPA's neck, I exposed the core three times, and I only saw someone WB it once, but it was overwritten for an arm.
    Ship 02

So, uh, before I waste time on useless stuff I gotta ask: Would a symbol art like this be useful?

i cant help but think the bads would ignore it but it cant hurt

I think one for telling people to break the crystals would be good, too.

On a side note, I can confirm that killing the Apos Dorios on Normal has just as much of an effect on the counter as killing it on Super Hard does, so it's probably more productive just spam the quest solo to raise the counter as high as you can if you don't need EXP, since its drops are both rare and garbage. It only has around 300K HP or so, which would take only a minute or two tops to burn through.
    Last edited by Rakurai; May 8, 2014 at 05:14 PM.