Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    starting to notice that I'm getting way less rare drops when they dont break the crystals, and I have full boosts on.
    Surely they can break those crystals and his beak in those 6-7 minutes yeah?

Hmmm maybe. I was going to make a thread asking about if breaking the parts affected RDR from people's experience, but that may not be necessary. Does anyone notice a decrease in *10s from the less amount of parts the party breaks on loser?

We know that breaking parts on Elder does not contribute to more good rares, but every boss is different. So I'd like to ask for other people's experiences. For me it seems about the same, but I don't think I've ever been in a party that fully broke Loser either.
    Last edited by Coatl; May 12, 2014 at 09:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

New Falz makes me want to try ranger or gunner again. As hunter and braver I feel like I'm just wailing on whatever part of big bird is on ground level. If I try and run up his shoulder he moves by the time I get up there. Super frustrating.
    See? I have the knack.

Really? As Ranger I feel like I'm fighting just to survive. If you die, no WB, and that's a big deal. I feel like every other class has an easier time making a mark.

Not that I mind that! Loser's a blast either way.

Not gonna lie though, easily the most fun boss to use katana combat on. Zipping all over the place.
    See? I have the knack.

While my ranger's complete lack of tdef makes some attacks hurt, having ~1200 hp with gloam/calibun is fairly nice.

I'm considering changing the calibun to a luther leg unit, to get that sweet sweet 3% tech resistance. More often than not 36 hp makes a nice difference.

Besides the homing orbs you don't see coming (lol 400-500 damage) the boss is fairly easy to survive if you read his telegraphed attacks. Get out of the way, diffuseshell/onepoint->satellite cannon. Aim at something, anything breakable.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

I make a motion to call Dark Falz Loser "Dark Falbulous" from now on.

Prospective DF Luther wind techer tree, for subbing on a FO main
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...200009b000000j

On the one hand I feel like I'd miss PP Convert, but on the other my units barely bring me through the moves Luther spams everywhere at everything so since I'm a human being and I heal people (and being healed resets your HP to the PPC cap) I occasionally get nicked for all of my hp during it. I'd rather not die. Maxed TB makes for 20 more seconds of max size zanverses, but more notably just 10 seconds of TB downtime instead of 30 seconds. TB PP Save is awesome.

Alternatively, this one
    http://ryuhiroshi.funpic.de/pso2/ski...00000ib000000j

PP Convert is back, since it's useful during apos runs. The other stuff on the other tree is just speccing for TB, which is nice to have but isn't super important. 1 SP for Wand Lovers or TB PP Save, probably TB PP Save.

What is the most damaging wind tech you use on luther for dps?

I arc Zans to try to break crystals, spam Sazan on the clock since Zan discs will not hit it if they collide with anything else while turning around, and lay down as many Zanverses as possible. I'm on a dark build with a fire rod right now though, so I'm not even looking at my damage numbers and instead just focusing on buffing/healing in between mirage or crystal spamming. I haven't gotten around to making a wind tree yet. After that I'll pay more attention.

The only thing change I noticed when breaking crystals was that a lot more grinders dropped. The reason why some runs have noticeably less drops than others is because of the undocumented, hidden Apos kill count for each character. The difference is obvious if you compare a character that only did one Apos run with a character that did over five runs.