Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Never liked Pokemon. Still, I'm surprised they're still working on these stand-alone titles rather than focusing development on an online MORPG/MMORPG for the WiiU to help shore up tanking sales.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Quote Originally Posted by Outrider View Post
    I think the interesting thing here is that this is the first Pokemon remake in which it's actually still possible to catch Pokemon and transfer to the current generation from the original game.

You can still play Ruby/Sapphire and bring those Pokemon up to Generation VI. Arguably, one of the reasons they remade Red/Blue and Gold/Silver is because there was no way to get those Pokemon into the later games. This changes that dynamic.
    So now you can take a pokemon from the original game and use it in the remake

I still own Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Heart Gold, both Black and Black 2, and Y, So I just need to get me an original DS again and I can transfer my current Emerald team to Omega Ruby, which is the version I plan to get. That's really cool, but the process will be very tedious and ridiculously long, so in the long run, that has no point.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Yeah, I kinda feel like a fool for taking the time for transferring everything from my Emerald and Fire Red games up to Pokebank. It was incredibly time consuming, but at the same time it's kind of awesome to have Pokemon I can play with that I raised 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DJcooltrainer View Post
    Yeah, I kinda feel like a fool for taking the time for transferring everything from my Emerald and Fire Red games up to Pokebank. It was incredibly time consuming, but at the same time it's kind of awesome to have Pokemon I can play with that I raised 10 years ago.
    This something I wished I could had done before losing my copy of all 3 games from Gen 3.

R.I.P. Jetty the Feraligatr (originally transferred from Gold) and Mups the Swampert.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Never liked Pokemon. Still, I'm surprised they're still working on these stand-alone titles rather than focusing development on an online MORPG/MMORPG for the WiiU to help shore up tanking sales.
    I've heard about a fan made project funded by a kick starter working on a MMORPG Pokemon game. As much as I want it to happen, I think Pokemon itself just doesn't fit too well as a MMORPG for too many reasons.
    Last edited by strikerhunter; May 7, 2014 at 06:51 PM.

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

Glad I never jumped on Pokebank then.

While I greatly enjoyed this current gen I'm very much looking forward to this one. There's something... missing. A lot missing, actually. The tone was almost too happy for me? If that makes any sense.

Hopefully they make some serious adjustments to the UI/Menus and keep everything that was good in the first place with X/Y.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    I've heard about a fan made project funded by a kick starter working on a MMORPG Pokemon game. As much as I want it to happen, I think Pokemon itself just doesn't fit too well as a MMORPG for too many reasons.
    You're probably right, but knowing Nintendo, it at least wouldn't be absolute shit. They'd find a way to make it work somehow, and I'm willing to bet it'd be a hell of a lot more consumer friendly than most online RPGs. They wouldn't have to make it great... just baseline competent, and Pokemon, and it will print money for them.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; May 7, 2014 at 08:49 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Never cared for Hoenn. Maybe I'll like it better as a 3D world but originally the region was too boring with way too much water, and I always hated water routes in Pokemon games. It also suffered from the terrible GBA trumpets for the music, removed the day & night system GSC introduced, it only had a few Pokemon I liked, rival was terrible (both of them), criminal team's plot was dumb, nothing was memorable about it at all, etc.

I think the only thing I actually liked about Hoenn was the secret bases. Granted, a lot of the major issues I had with it can be fixed with the remakes aside from the water water everywhere. 3DS is capable of much more advanced music so no more of those terrible trumpets, time transitions are most likely going to be put in this time since it's officially a staple, and I can pokebank my favorite pokemon over so it's not a total loss with the lack of likable pokemon. I really hope we'll still be able to customize our trainer the way we want though, I didn't particularly care for their original designs and their Emerald designs were just atrocious.

My biggest problem is that I just did not like the Hoenn region aesthetically at all. What wasn't water was nothing but boring mountains, rocks, sand, and terribly designed caves. You got only a couple likeable grassy routes and that was it. If they can flesh out the place more in a 3D world then great, but I'm not expecting much to change.

I'd have much preferred a Johto or Kanto remake in the style of XY but what can you do. Those already got remade and unfortunately they happened to be before the 3D era of Pokemon. Maybe we'll see Burning Fire Red and Budding Leaf Green or Shining Soul Silver and Gleaming Heart Gold someday but I'm not holding my breath for it. I would still much prefer it over any Hoenn remake any day.

That said, I'll be playing Omega Ruby with low expectations but hopefully it'll surprise me. Here's hoping Z or Gen 7 comes out sometime soon.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Hoenn's my favorite region in Pokemon games. I think it probably was one of the biggest change in the earlier Pokemon games too.
    It upgraded the graphic style to be smoother, and I liked how there were more distinct geographical differences in the towns and such. And can't forget about that secret base system, that was really awesome being able to decorate your own place wherever you chose to live. Also introduced some of my current favorite Pokemon(Ralts family, Swablu family, etc).
    I also liked the nature system, before I knew it affected stats.

I am curious about how they will make this, like if it will be in the 3D style that X and Y was. I'd like that honestly, since it'd be a refreshing change and give a pretty new view that we couldn't get in the original. Also hoping they add in character customization like X and Y, but wondering if that's asking too much... >_>
    Ship 9 - Kouki Elska

If there's no secret bases, I'm going to be pissed. That was my favorite feature on the GBA games. So many hour spent grinding against my friends' level 100 teams.