Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Pretty sure PSO2 does not work with Windows 8.1...

Unless any of you with Windows 8.1 know a fix? Getting my Vita patched up but I can't play on the Vita for very long before it drives me nuts. I know this will compel the obligitory "Windows 8.1 is your problem/why did you get Windows 8.1" type comments but why don't we just skip that in favor of more helpful conclusions. Appreciate any guidance from those who've gotten it to work.

It seems to me that basically nProtect's Gameguard is just flat-out incompatible with Windows 8.1. Quick google searching showed me this webpage...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...id=Windows+8.1

Essentially the game just won't boot. It shows the PSO2 picture with nProtect on it, then the big window opens and then crashes.

This mean I'm stuck waiting for a fix from GG?

I'm pretty sure it's something else, I'm playing PSO2 rather well on my Win8.1 machine...

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

The file check didn't fix it, Zipzo?

I'm using Windows 8.1 myself (fully updated) ..... and it can run smoothly. The only problem I had is just, I have to do a file check every time I want to play (And somehow it always download something at file check).

So, I usually do a file check once I closed the game.

And sometimes the GameGuard stuck too ..... I have to "Run as Admin" for every program I want to open (even media player)
    Last edited by final_attack; May 11, 2014 at 10:48 PM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

I run on windows 8.1 no problem without doing a file check (unless there's an update obviously). I once had a problem with gameguard on windows 8.0. I deleted the gameguard folder and did a file check to replace it. Have you tried that?
    Ship 2 - Something Legit
    Pugas...BR..70..HU..66
    Maria....TE..70..BR..52
    Aiden....RA..52..HU..28

So if it's anything important to add...I used AIDA's tweaker thing to download the game this time around because I've read that it's faster.

I'm pretty sure I went through every troubleshoot option available in that program still netting me the same identical result when trying to launch the game, but I will try here again.

It is, however, a relief to hear that there are those who are able to get it running on Windows 8.1, I thought I was locked out.

im using 8.1 too, everything works fine here..
    that happens to me before when i wanna play other games, crash after gg / hackshield loading screens, last time i just update DirectX and fine..

btw i always run game with game protection system as administrator to avoid conflict afterwards..

QueenBitchoftheUniverse NotRankin's Avatar

Try installing DirectX, if that doesn't work check your GPU drivers. You COULD try compatibility mode as well. I have Win 8.1 and like everyone else who's posted, mine works perfectly.

Gettin' a bit frustrated. Still cannot get it to load past the point I clarified. Tried all the troubleshooting options again, even a full file check (which took a long time).

I have installed Direct X 11 installed already, and I'm using the latest Nvidia drivers.

What exactly should I try running in compatibility mode? The tweaker?

EDIT : Changing both the tweaker & the Pso2.exe to Windows 7 compatibility did nothing.
    Last edited by Zipzo; May 12, 2014 at 03:48 AM.

PSO2 is DX9 based, so installing DX11 wont change a things i think..

This one i mean, maybe missing some DX9 files..
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8109

I've been running pso2 ever since Windows 8 and now 8.1, never had problems