Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Default So about that shunka and S-roll Nerf

Does anyone else think it's completely unecesary now? Look at FO. Look at RA. Holycrap. I'd say the classes are as balanced as they've ever been right now, excluding techer. FO is making melee work to hit their enemies again, and RA is just making toast of any boss with satellite cannon.

I know the shunka nerf wouldn't hurt braver too much as they have hatou to fall back on anyway, but nerfing S-roll would be a pretty big deal. I'm hoping Sega has reconsidered and have chosen to forget about the whole nerf idea.
    Last edited by Coatl; May 12, 2014 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    We threw our eyes away a long time ago.
    #coatl4173 on discord if you wanna squad up.

Yes, by this point things are shifting in a way that classes are approaching equilibrium. Hunter and fighter are still a bit behind in terms of stopping power with that kind of speed and PP efficiency, and obviously so is techer, but 3 is not a majority of 7.

Ideally they'll rebalance hunter & fighter the same way they rebalanced ranger - adjust every single PA's damage, PP cost, or both, and fix individual PA bugs or nuisances (Like Diffuse Shell's loading animation being shortened significantly). Many wired lance PAs from launch are still very bugged, and not even one new WL PA benefits from WL gear. That's a bit dumb.

And Hunters doing 250k over ends, wtf. I dunno what they buffed with Fighter PA's but my friend reported hitting more with some of his Photon Arts compared before.

バックギアはない。。。All we need is DRIVE!
    IGN :: ホモゲーバスター
    Ship 1 - Feoh

I think that was what they said anyway; if the adjustments they were making to the peasant classes didn't make them more appealing to the community, they would move forward on those nerfs. I think they did good by Ranger and Force, and one of my friends seems to be in love with Hunter all over again, but Fighter and Techer could still do with some more love.

They boosted several melee PAs fairly significantly - just a handful, though. Over End, Tornado Dance, and Slide End. Flash Thousand also received a "bugged" boost a while back that they just left in.

Unlike Ranger's changes, these melee PAs are only boosted at level 16. Ranger's PAs are boosted at 15 too, and probably all the way down to 1. This kind of sucks if you can't roll dice well, like me. Of the dozens, possibly hundreds of Rogbelts I've killed in Super Hard I still have yet to find Flash Thousand 16. Thanks RNG.

Katana was always a spam of a single strongest PA 90% of the time, so nerfing Shunka would bring everyone back to spamming Hatou, nerfing Hatou would lead to Sakura spam etc.

As for S-Roll nerf... It's not much about it being overpowered - it's about it being annoying. I wish I didn't have to flip before every PA - I don't want to use DODGE move to boost power of all RANGED attacks, and I want to be able to use all PAs from my weapon pallete rather than having multiple palletes where 2nd and 3rd combo slots are empty. Nowadays it's not broken in terms of power - it's broken in terms of gameplay mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Katana was always a spam of a single strongest PA 90% of the time, so nerfing Shunka would bring everyone back to spamming Hatou, nerfing Hatou would lead to Sakura spam etc.

As for S-Roll nerf... It's not much about it being overpowered - it's about it being annoying. I wish I didn't have to flip before every PA - I don't want to use DODGE move to boost power of all RANGED attacks, and I want to be able to use all PAs from my weapon pallete rather than having multiple palletes where 2nd and 3rd combo slots are empty. Nowadays it's not broken in terms of power - it's broken in terms of gameplay mechanics.
    I disagree with your GU point. You can use the combo pallete to stay in the air with Bullet squall, or get closer to the enemy with dead approach. it's better than the 3x Satellite Aim we had to do, GU actually looks cool flipping around, if you dislike the play style you shouldn't play it. Your palettes are empty because you're solely relying on S roll for damage, you can use the other slots for utility.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    As for S-Roll nerf... It's not much about it being overpowered
    It's a 100% damage increase for 5 SP with a simple button press. S-Roll JA Bonus is all about being overpowered as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    It's a 100% damage increase for 5 SP with a simple button press. S-Roll JA Bonus is all about being overpowered as hell.
    simple button press my arse, you're sacrificing a lot more than you think. sure it's doubled your damage, but if you didn't need to S roll casting something like 3x Satellite aims in the moment it would take you to S roll, that's 3x vs 2x. I'm not saying it isn't a huge modifier, but when it came out it changed everyone's play style, it was refreshing and more fun. 3x Satellite Aim still out damages S rolled version, but s rolled Messiah kills 3x Satellite Aim. Which I don't mind since Messiah is more fun anyway.

if they tone it down to say 50% it would make Sattelite aim spam come back, I aint in the mood for that shit again

I'm only going to say this. Damage is not the only factor here.